Bills a rumored suitor for Kareem Hunt trade

17 minutes ago, Ggaenzle said:

There’s different levels to mistakes for example kicking a women is pretty high up the list

11 minutes ago, H2o said:

Pretty sure he kind of kicked her while she was on the ground too. 

More of a push with his foot. Not right but neither is spitting in someone’s face.

I’ve been in a similar situation where a drunk woman really wanted to fight me over her blocking all the gas pumps and I asked if she could pull up. It took everything in me not to hit her after she spit on me multiple times when I was walking away. Women think they can do whatever because it’s wrong to hit them. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This stage of his career?  What are you talking about?  Hunt is only 25 years old and has a career 4.6 YPC, and has a 5.7 YPC in the post season.  He is also an excellent receiver.  

I dont have anything against Devin, I like him and Moss.  But Hunt is just flat out better than both.  

And Njoku is behind a high priced FA TE they signed in Hooper and they also have a promising young TE in Bryant.  He isnt struggling, its just there are 3 TE's there and Njoku also got hurt.  

You have a terrible take on all matters of this subject right now.  Not to mention, you are also just making stuff up in other posts about Hunt's "off field" stuff.  

Again........$11M in 2020 cap space for those two.    Don't be ridiculous.

Kareem Hunt had almost 800 carries in college........he was a pretty explosive player his first couple seasons in the league..........since then, not so much.

His per play production in Cleveland is WAY below those first two pre-suspension seasons in KC.......both on the ground and in the air.

One of the things people need to adjust to is this idea that RB's don't hit the wall until around age 30............the RB position does not get the kind of athletes that it did when those numbers were reasonable to expect.    

There are some who say that 26 is the new 30 for RB's.....look at Leveon Bell as a Hunt-like example.

But sometimes guys just lose that extra juice earlier than that.

So I don't care what age Hunt is.......he's not some stud RB of yore.......his two years of diminished per play production and the amount of touches in his first 6 combined college and pro seasons support the idea that he is showing the mileage.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Kareem Hunt had almost 800 carries in college........he was a pretty explosive player his first couple seasons in the league..........since then, not so much.

His per play production in Cleveland is WAY below those first two pre-suspension seasons in KC.......both on the ground and in the air.

One of the things people need to adjust to is this idea that RB's don't hit the wall until around age 30............the RB position does not get the kind of athletes that it did when those numbers were reasonable to expect.    

There are some who say that 26 is the new 30 for RB's.....look at Leveon Bell as a Hunt-like example.

So I don't care what age Hunt is.......he's not some stud RB of yore.......his two years of diminished per play production and the amount of touches in his first 6 combined college and pro seasons support the idea that he is showing the mileage.

I think he’s a bit better than what we have, which is the worst starting RB in the league.

15 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I'm not disagreeing with you, but he didn't get very much plying time with Chubb playing  did he? Either way, I don't see him coming to Bills anyways.

Hunt had 198 carries last year.

Singletary had 156.

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So a guy leaves the most explosive offense in NFL history, joins a MUCH more conservative offense splitting time with the most talented RB in the NFL and the change of his averages is a reflection on ONLY his talent alone? This seems more than a little short sided.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's all just discussion but $11M in cap space and a second round pick is a big investment in those two.....seems pretty unrealistic.  

Njoku is a talented player who can't get his sh*t together despite being in a good offense and them badly wanting him to..........Hunt is a lot of baggage and not a lot of actual running back.........he's literally a league average runner the past 2 seasons(4.2) versus the seemingly pedestrian Singletary (4.8).   Yes Hunt is an improvement as a receiver but he isn't some HR hitter at this stage of his career. 

Oh boy where do I start with this.. FIRST OF ALL!  Drop the History with Hunt. Everyone deserves a second shot and he served his time and duty for it.  Secondly where do you get your numbers? your taking Singletary career average against Hunts average last year? Singletary average was 4.4 last year.  Also Hunt has a larger sample size of rushes that proves what he can do. Also playing second Fiddle to an all pro is a difference maker because you don't have momentum in a game. 

By the way, I know 10 year old's that can tell that Singletary is not a starter in this league.  

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yet he averaged 5.7 YPC in the playoffs last year.  

Again, your take is atrocious here.  Nevermind he plays behind Nick Chubb.  Your case his play has dipped is utterly ridiculous.  

And its not $11M for those 2, Beane would redo the contracts when they got here.  

And I dont care what "some" say about 26 being the new 30, because those people clearly do not know what they are talking about.  And Hunt is 25.  

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Kim Pegula being on board with bringing on a woman abuser doesn't make any sense to me at all. 

The bills kept Tyrell Dodson on after his domestic abuse arrest 

And He was an undrafted free agent.. if you're not going to cause a scene in the locker room, and you have talent a lot of people will give you another chance

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Oh boy where do I start with this.. FIRST OF ALL!  Drop the History with Hunt. Everyone deserves a second shot and he served his time and duty for it.  Secondly where do you get your numbers? your taking Singletary career average against Hunts average last year? Singletary average was 4.4 last year.  Also Hunt has a larger sample size of rushes that proves what he can do. Also playing second Fiddle to an all pro is a difference maker because you don't have momentum in a game. 

By the way, I know 10 year old's that can tell that Singletary is not a starter in this league.  

Hunt has been with Cleveland two seasons and Singletary has been in the league for two seasons..........you should ask those 10 year old's to do the math for you.  :thumbsup:

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Hunt had 198 carries last year.

Singletary had 156.

Yeah I get that. But we know how little Bills ran the ball too. In any event, I agree though. He's not impressive and also would probably cost too much for a RB.

9 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So I guess Derrick Henry and Aaron Jones are on the downside of their careers at 26.

Dalvin Cook and Nick Chubb are almost there at 25.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Hunt has been with Cleveland two seasons and Singletary has been in the league for two seasons..........you should ask those 10 year old's to do the math for you.  :thumbsup:

Who cares Hunt has been in season for 4 years you just did something silly and compared one players season stat to another players year stat and still got numbers wrong.

Moving on..

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So I guess Derrick Henry and Aaron Jones are on the downside of their careers at 26.

Dalvin Cook and Nick Chubb are almost there at 25.

preach on.

I’d be for sending DS and a 5th to Cleveland for him and if they want to unload Njoku too, even better, let’s make something work, maybe our 3rd for their 4th or something of the nature.  They get a cheap compliment back, we get a starter, hopefully Moss is back at full strength as a solid back up.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yet he averaged 5.7 YPC in the playoffs last year.  

Again, your take is atrocious here.  Nevermind he plays behind Nick Chubb.  Your case his play has dipped is utterly ridiculous.  

And its not $11M for those 2, Beane would redo the contracts when they got here.  

And I dont care what "some" say about 26 being the new 30, because those people clearly do not know what they are talking about.  And Hunt is 25.  

Leonard Fournette blew up the playoffs.    He was a much better RB prospect than Hunt.   Generational even.   But he ran for 3.8 during the regular season and has been below league average in that regard all but the season prior to the Jags releasing him.    He's a career 3.9.

What I am saying is that you are making an enormous assumption when you project him to be much better than he has been in the last two years in Cleveland..........which is the only way he's worth a pick and $5M in roster space.    

Why you assume Njoku would re-work his guaranteed 5th year option $ when he is going into his walk year...........I don't have any idea.    That's illogical.  If Cleveland releases him......the option is void, it's only gtd for injury........then offer him a very cheap deal to like Daryl Williams.    If not, not a fit.

And I am sure Hunt would want more money to re-work his deal and,  as I said,  statistically he is not trending up he's treading water so fans probably shouldn't be in favor of that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Rumor is they want a 3rd, not exactly peanuts 

A third round pick is what they used on Singletary and Moss.  And this one will be near the end of the round

1 minute ago, Doc said:

A third round pick is what they used on Singletary and Moss.  And this one will be near the end of the round

yeah I'm fine with a 3rd rounder, cap hit is more what I'm worried about.  A good rookie RB can ball if given the chance.  

49 minutes ago, H2o said:

But it was a shove followed up by a kick instead of just walking away. A d*ck move on his part, drunk or not. 

Back pedaled a bit there but I think you've hit the right note here.

Yes it was a D*ck move.  I think that's the appropriate take away from that video.

8 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

yeah I'm fine with a 3rd rounder, cap hit is more what I'm worried about.  A good rookie RB can ball if given the chance.  

Yup, agree. The 3rd rounder is so close to the end of the round it's like a 4th. Also I'm aware he was impressive a few years back, and he still may be good. I don't know since he's been with the Browns. Honestly have seen much more of Chubb than Hunt. I think he would still be a little pricey for a RB.

But I feel confident in whatever decision Beane makes. With that being said, I don't see Hunt as being the RB they get. I think they add a RB, but imo doubt Hunt will be it. We'll see....

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Wasn't LeSean McCoy 26 when we traded for him?  

Kareem Hunt = Shady McCoy ?

No.

The position is diminished and the quality of player at the position is also diminishing.    

A guy like Hunt would have entered the league as a backup 20 years ago.........there were lot's of quality backups back in the day and sometimes they got their shot and had a good year or two then flamed out.   

Hunt reminds me a bit of Barry Foster.........same build......good pass catcher........lead the NFL in rushing yards with 1690 at 24...........not much after that.   

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, delirious said:

Is this going to be one of those 80 pagers where it's always listed as a hot topic, and it's going to keep me checking it incase the trade happened and the title didn't update, but in reality nothing will happen?

Yes

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Njoku did next to nothing last year and has a $6M+ cap hit............that would require some major payroll restructures to create.........so what are you going to do?   Sign him to an extension?   What would it be worth for someone who has been a bust so far?   And if it's not an aav of big $ per year why would he want to do that going into his walk year where he is looking to break out?    I just don't see how Njoku is a fit in a trade scenario.    And Hunt certainly isn't worth a second or third round pick.

Njoku actually performed pretty well last season, albeit in limited snaps.  He really improved his blocking.  I’m sure that any team trading for him would require signing him to an extension as part of the deal.  Heard he might be heading to NE for Gilmore, but that might be dead now with NE signing a TE.

Hunt is an elite back.  He’d easily be worth a day 2 pick especially considering that he signed an extension and has very reasonable salaries.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, whatdrought said:

I’d be happy to get Hunt. That being said - no idea if original guy is legit but he’s in an all out twitter war with the son of the Jags owner and it’s amazing. 

Shaka Kahn Jr in a Twitter war? *cracks beer* hopefully Shelley Meyer gets involved too