Nuk Hopkins is lugging that Hail Murray he caught a bit far

51 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I guess that's what you think about when your team finishes 8-8 and you aren't working hard getting ready for playoffs

I thought the comment about "dunking on them" was a bit trash but Whateves, he made the play.

Cemetary though?  🙄

I could get tired of this guy

I love Hopkins but yeah that’s a little too far and too cheesy. I chalk it up to him being overexcited about getting out of Houston 😉

17 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Maybe Texans weren’t that wrong in getting rid of him. Very much a me guy. Not a great teammate. Wish he was an exception but becoming a trend in all sports. And KM is absolutely not a top 10 QB.

that ain’t the take. Hop has fun and yeah he went way to cheesy on this one. The Texans were WAY wrong for getting rid of him. They’re going to lose their all-star QB now too partly because of that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2

15 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

I love Hopkins but yeah that’s a little too far and too cheesy. I chalk it up to him being overexcited about getting out of Houston 😉

that ain’t the take. Hop has fun and yeah he went way to cheesy on this one. The Texans were WAY wrong for getting rid of him. They’re going to lose their all-star QB now too partly because of that.

Losing their #1 WR/one of the Top WR in the entire league and Franchise QB in back to back years is a pretty stunning nosedive, it's like they're trying to out Jets the Jets.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

If I’m him Watson, my list to tell the Texans is the Dolphins, Bears, Rams, 49ers, Steelers, and Colts (which would never happen in division).  These teams with a QB like him would immediately be a contender.  There are different strengths to each of these teams.  The one unfortunately that has the most to offer is the Fins.  The Fins could make this work if they gave both #1’s and Tua.  In essence three #1’s.   Since the fins had 11 picks last year, and 10 picks this year, and all of those free agents last year, it would be a good deal for both sides.  I’m not writing this like I want it to happen as I hate them, but it’s the most logical where each side gets something they want.

• Agree 1

There’s so many tweets in that thread mocking Hopkins for finishing 8-8.

As far as Hopkins himself, very talented WR, but I’m not a fan of his personality.  He comes off as so smug and cocky.  I noticed this during his press conference after making the catch.  

Funny this was his quote afterward.  He said something like those “those guys made a great play but not as great as I.”

Just thought this was funny because most people learn to master possessive nouns at about 10 years old 

5 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

That’s pretty funny. Sucks that it happened to us tho but we should have made the play. Oh well. 

In the end this play has more of a pair ice effect for the Bills that the Cardinals.  

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm starting to see why BOB wasn't fond of him.  Don't get me wrong....he's still a terrible GM who was way over his head.

Rumor was - it was Jack Easterby who wanted to get rid of Hopkins

• Like (+1) 1

When that is all you’ve got to show for your season.... I guess ya gotta cling to something....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He needs the jewelry for his fragile ego.

They acted like they had just won the Super Bowl after that catch.

They then went on a 3 game losing to fall to 6-6 and pretty well play their way out of the playoff race.

Mean while the Bills were pissed and took it personally and didn`t lose again until the AFCCG.

Maybe this becomes the highlight of his career ;)

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Lol sunglasses and a fur coat while bragging about a single play halfway through a 8-8 season?  Looks like the kind of dousche who would get a taunting penalty after scoring a touchdown in garbage time down 30 points.

The Homer Simpson(John Elway) TD in the Super Bowl to make the final 56-7 ;)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It’s definitely very silly, but the whole diva receiver thing still rings true. Hopkins is a talent on the field, and the effort always seems to be there. That’s all I’d care about as a teammate. These are just the type of things that get fans fired up. It’s a good thing no NFL team has an average Joe in charge of player personal. They’d probably trade Hopkins for David Johnson because he’s a “diva”. 

• Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, gobills404 said:

He should get 2 versions of it made. One for each time he's won a playoff game in 8 seasons.

His QBs couldn't cut it....

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I guess that's what you think about when your team finishes 8-8 and you aren't working hard getting ready for playoffs

I thought the comment about "dunking on them" was a bit trash but Whateves, he made the play.

Cemetary though?  🙄

I could get tired of this guy

I would sya he worked pretty hard. He got 1400+ yards out of Kyler Murray...

Hopkins can celebrate that play all he wants, but he looks like a fool for doing it. If that’s the highlight of his career, that’s actually kind of sad because it was a meaningless play in the grand scheme of things. Arizona lost 3 straight games after the “hail Murray” and 5 of the last 7 games of the season...

His team went .500 while the team with Hyde, Poyer and White went 15-4, won the AFCE and went to the AFC championship.

So glad we got Diggs instead of Hopkins! 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Maybe Texans weren’t that wrong in getting rid of him. Very much a me guy. Not a great teammate. Wish he was an exception but becoming a trend in all sports. And KM is absolutely not a top 10 QB.

I don’t necessarily fully disagree, but does being a me guy always make someone a bad teammate? Only his teammates in Houston could really answer that. I’ve always seen a guy who puts in maximum effort, and stays out of trouble. Egotism is part of the human experience, and I almost expect it from guys who reach the highest level of their profession. Some people are more egoistical than others, but it only matters if it interferes with their ability to be a positive teammate imo. 

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I heard that Jack Easterby was the 2nd gunman on the grassy knoll...

As for Hopkins, great talent.  But something about him is off.  Glad they got Diggs instead.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Hopkins can celebrate that play all he wants, but he looks like a fool for doing it. If that’s the highlight of his career, that’s actually kind of sad because it was a meaningless play in the grand scheme of things. Arizona lost 3 straight games after the “hail Murray” and 5 of the last 7 games of the season...

His team went .500 while the team with Hyde, Poyer and White went 15-4, won the AFCE and went to the AFC championship.

So glad we got Diggs instead of Hopkins! 

DHop making a chain to remember a play he made in the 10th regular season game while his team went 8-8 says it all to me.  I’ll take our guy standing watching the AFC title ceremony as motivation to take souls next year over that all day. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

His QBs couldn't cut it....

I would sya he worked pretty hard. He got 1400+ yards out of Kyler Murray...

Whoa .   You are implying that Kyler Murray isn't any good as a passer?    But I read here that he is a stud and that he is actually 5'10" .

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JohnNord said:

There’s so many tweets in that thread mocking Hopkins for finishing 8-8.

As far as Hopkins himself, very talented WR, but I’m not a fan of his personality.  He comes off as so smug and cocky.  I noticed this during his press conference after making the catch.  

Funny this was his quote afterward.  He said something like those “those guys made a great play but not as great as I.”

Just thought this was funny because most people learn to master possessive nouns at about 10 years old 

In the end this play has more of a pair ice effect for the Bills that the Cardinals.  

Uh . . . "as great as I" is correct. You can tell because it sounds right if you add "am" at the end: "as great as I am." You would never say "... as great as me am" (I hope). 

Everybody who says "as great as me" is wrong.

There are no possessive nouns in the quote you give. 

Not that it's a big deal. Everybody makes mistakes, and this stuff doesn't really matter compared to important things, but it just happens to be my job. 

Edited by Dr. K
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2021/01/cardinals-deandre-hopkins-getting-chain-that-mocks-bills-tre-white-micah-hyde-and-jordan-poyer-watch.html

8 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Hope this clown realizes his qb is unlikely to take him to any SB's. 

He's only in his 2nd year.  We've had front row seats to see a QB improve from his 2nd to 3rd year.

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

He needs the jewelry for his fragile ego.

They acted like they had just won the Super Bowl after that catch.

They then went on a 3 game losing to fall to 6-6 and pretty well play their way out of the playoff race.

Mean while the Bills were pissed and took it personally and didn`t lose again until the AFCCG.

Maybe this becomes the highlight of his career ;)

Dion Dawkins had a good take on it in the Player's Tribune:

We saw Arizona celebrating on the field, after the Hail Mary. And it was just something about it, man. It was the way they were running around, hooting and hollering, like they’d won the damn Super Bowl. It was something about that. I think for whatever reason, that just struck this chord with us. Not because we were annoyed with them or anything. They won, they can celebrate how they want. Nah. It was more like: We looked at them. And then we looked at us. And I think we just had this moment of, Alright — hold up. If they’re fired up like they won the Super Bowl….. why aren’t we upset like we lost the Super Bowl?

And I think that’s when it hit us. It hit us that things are different now.

It hit us that this team, our team, these Buffalo Bills — we’ve moved on to a different place. Like, with all due respect to the Cardinals: I think they're in a similar spot now to where we were these last few seasons. Just trying to claw and make the playoffs with an up-and-coming roster. Whereas, for us? It’s not like that now. We’re taking the long view. Every game isn’t the Super Bowl for our team. 

The Super Bowl is the Super Bowl for our team. 

Or at least that’s what we’re working toward.

And like I said, it was this crazy outcome, this crazy thing that happened. But after we saw their celebration, I think we just kind of took a deep breath, and found some perspective about it. Like, Alright, ha — we’ll give them this one. Time to take our Bye now, and hit reset, and come back strong to fry some bigger fish. And I absolutely love that about our team. It’s like, that whole week, everyone on the outside was yappin’ in the media about this “collapse” of ours, and how we “blew” our “big chance,” and “it’s more bad luck for the Bills,” and “the AFC East is up for grabs.” Meanwhile..... we’d moved on!! We were just tuning it all out, and getting right.

• Like (+1) 1