1/16/21 Divisional Round Playoff Bills vs. Ravens PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

27 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Random tidbit - I wore my Bills jersey (Edmunds) for every game until the bye. On game day for the Chargers I accidentally left it at home. Because we won that game I haven't worn the jersey for any other games this season out of superstition, and we haven't lost a game since. So now I refuse to wear it until the end of the season.

Burn it now so you don't mistakenly put it on

• Haha (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

im wondering if we can run the football today 

After the bye week, our RBs finished the season averaging 4.9 ypc. Last week, they averaged 4.1 ypc against a defense that allowed 3.7 ypc on the season. The Ravens allowed 4.6 ypc on the season. We'll be able to run the ball without even using Josh.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I have been banging the table for Yeldon since week 1 of last season. I really think the guy is very good and him being inactive every week is mind boggling. He’s getting a shot in a huge spot. Hope I don’t look foolish lol

If he holds on to the rock, I think he can really help 

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I have been banging the table for Yeldon since week 1 of last season. I really think the guy is very good and him being inactive every week is mind boggling. He’s getting a shot in a huge spot. Hope I don’t look foolish lol

Me too brother. Hes got speed / size and receiving

5 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

After the bye week, our RBs finished the season averaging 4.9 ypc. Last week, they averaged 4.1 ypc against a defense that allowed 3.7 ypc on the season. The Ravens allowed 4.6 ypc on the season. We'll be able to run the ball without even using Josh.

I would love to see this everyone thinks we’re going to come in throwing the ball if we could line up and punch them in the mouth with the run game then go to the pass they will be on the ropes 

8 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

The biggest problem with our run game is we don't use it.

Its not that we can't run. We choose not to.

13 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Winds are picking up

shifting from 7-13mph to now 17mph 

really hope Daboll has the short passing game ready today 

Those winds from the west off mighty Lake Erie will be howling by the 2nd half.

1 hour ago, CaliBills said:

House Clean

Groceries shopped and put away

Haircut Gotten

Lunch with the wife on Ocean Cliffs

Wings soaking in deliciousness before being cooked

Chicken for Nachos cooked and ready to be pulled

Pico De Gallo Made and in The fridge

Afternoon coffee in Bills coffee cup

Catching up on Pre-Gameday Thread on Bills Message Board.

Good start to the day, lets just finish it that way!!

I ain't done **** all day.  Now I'm drinking.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

My hope for today: 

Live or die by the aggressive passing game. I don’t care if they lose and go down in a blaze of glory, but I swear if I have to watch this team run TJ Yeldon up the gut to a loss, I’ll freaking lose it. 

This is where I'm at. Go with what got you here. Don't overthink it. Fight them with your strength. If it's not good enough, so be it. The best teams are teams that are able to use their strength and impose their will on an opponent even when the opponent knows what's coming. The Bills have done this well most of the year, just keep it up!

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Yeldon is the biggest and fastest of our backs, and I think he's the best receiver out of the backfield. He's got a big opportunity today.

12 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

That is the name of town near Trondheim airport in Norway.  

I have been to Hell on Grand Cayman. They have a post office so you can send postcards from hell. Otherwise just a nasty rocky... bleech.

I was in Tromso Norway, who knew I had a chance to be in two different hells?

Edited by Coastie
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Those winds from the west off mighty Lake Erie will be howling by the 2nd half.

What forecasts are y’all looking at?

I’m down south but where I’m checking shows 14 mph at kickoff with it getting up to 17 mph towards midnight. 

16 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Winds are picking up

shifting from 7-13mph to now 17mph 

really hope Daboll has the short passing game ready today 

When it’s too hard for them it’s just right for us. I Remember a legend saying that once or twice before

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, blacklabel said:

Everyone got their heart medication nearby? Don't want any of you to keel over during the game. Gaaaahhhhh.

Can't remember the last time I was this uptight for a game

TallFantasticGlassfrog-max-1mb.gif

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Guy was a factor against the Pats in the past and can catch way better than our starters out of the BF. Think he could make some plays.

23 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Ditka on the Kelly era Bills: "They expect you to be kissing their asses while they're kicking yours"😀 

Yeah, I was talking about Ditka the announcer.  He always seemed to have it out for the Bills and find ways to say bad things about them.  He did a game in Buffalo, where they had a desk set up close to the field and the whole game people hammered him with snowballs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, BritishBill said:

About to go to bed for a couple of hours here in Liverpool, UK. Need some sleep before the game which kicks off after 1am here.

What am I doing?! I'm leading a church service in the morning! 🤪 

Go Bills!

Mad respect, bro!

Watch the Bills win and then lead people to Jesus.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I will admit to some pre game anxiety my stomach is kind of knotted I wasnt so stressed until the green bay game started...its getting closer to the Bills game time and now its amping up a bit....

I really hope we can control the ball and our defense keep Baltimore off the field...Bills will need to play really well to win and I think they certainly can but its clearly no cakewalk Im about 60-40 thinking we win...trying not to think we WILL because if we then dont I'll be more bummed..

The most confidence Ive ever had in a Bills team was leading into super bowl XXV after shallacking the raiders 51-3.....I thought beating the Giants was a foregone conclusion.that was the worst loss ever..so I'll never be THAT confident again...but if the Bills lay the wood to baltimore Its going to be Very interesting next week.

One game at a time...GROUND THE CROWS...............GO BILLS!~!~!~!~

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Muppy said:

The most confidence Ive ever had in a Bills team was leading into super bowl XXV after shallacking the raiders 51-3....

For me it was after the miracle comeback. I thought there is no way a team that just did THAT can lose. Sadly we all know how that season ended.

22 minutes ago, billsherd said:

2018 game is on NFL Network 

I believe it's the 2019 game, bro. The 2018 game was brutal. Didn't we lose like 47-3 or something like that with Peterman starting the game. Yuck!

My how far we've come though. Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Coastie said:

I have been to Hell on Grand Cayman. They have a post office so you can send postcards from hell. Otherwise just a nasty rocky... bleech.

I was in Tromso Norway, who knew I had a chance to be in two different hells?

I was told about Hell in G. Cayman. That's why I stayed at the bars.

18 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Yeah, I was talking about Ditka the announcer.  He always seemed to have it out for the Bills and find ways to say bad things about them.  He did a game in Buffalo, where they had a desk set up close to the field and the whole game people hammered him with snowballs.

Those were the days!