1/16/21 Divisional Round Playoff Bills vs. Ravens PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

NFL network reporters just said ravens locker room talk is they are going to treat josh like a RB.  

Irv thinks that’s code for they are going to try to take his head off... 

Let them try

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

NFL network reporters just said ravens locker room talk is they are going to treat josh like a RB.  

Someone commented earlier this week that the ref crew has a rep of being kind of flag-happy.

I don't like games like that - but given each team's style of play, that probably benefits the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Michael1962 said:

Maybe I am looking at the wrong sites but what I have seen is winds are estimated to be around 14 mph and about a 10% chance of precipitation.   Are there other sites that suggest we will have more?

Yes.

Latest is 10-20mph winds all game, snow starting during game, but with emphasis on 2nd half.

Temp at kickoff around 30/31 F.  

Something like 50-60% chance of precipitation.

It sounds like there is going to be a lake effect event tonight, but probably mostly missing the game, with the bulk of it coming overnight.  Still sounds like there will be some snow at the game.

* I can't imagine the weather not impacting this game to some degree.  It's not exactly going to be a lovely night for football.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

hope Mongo has something to say about that 

if they wanna take him out the game we can do the same to Lamar. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Someone commented earlier this week that the ref crew has a rep of being kind of flag-happy.

I don't like games like that - but given each team's style of play, that probably benefits the Bills.

They averaged something like 2.54 DPI calls per game this season. Could help us honestly.   Ravens DBs are pretty aggressive with the receivers.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

hope Mongo has something to say about that 

if they wanna take him out the game we can do the same to Lamar. 

They are going to blitz and pressure him like crazy.  

Josh is going to have to make the right reads and throw into those blitzes with some accuracy, and not run around playing hero ball for a 17 yard sack loss.

It would help if the OL has one of their best games of the year!

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If that is their game plan I take that as good news for the bills

It usually means they're on their last resort and have no plan b

Its never a good sign for a team if your game plan is to make sure to hit/pound/hurt the other team

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Josh is going to have to make the right reads and throw into those blitzes with some accuracy, and not run around playing hero ball for a 17 yard sack loss.

Hopefully Josh has some more Christmas gifts he hasn't given them yet.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

agreed. These guys call a lot of penalties. They will protect the QBs. 

Last weeks Colts game the refs called a combined 4 penalties for a total of 17 yards. 2 for 10 on the colts and 2 for 7 on the Bills. I loved how that game was called. This week will probably be completely different. But as long as it is fair for both teams I'll be good with it. Allen has been a roughing the passer magnet throughout his career. Just hope he is careful running the ball today.

3 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

If that is their game plan I take that as good news for the bills

It usually means they're on their last resort and have no plan b

Its never a good sign for a team if your game plan is to make sure to hit/pound/hurt the other team

Relentless pressure on the other team's elite passer would be my only defensive scheme, every game! 

It actually works.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Last weeks Colts game the refs called a combined 4 penalties for a total of 17 yards. 2 for 10 on the colts and 2 for 7 on the Bills. I loved how that game was called. This week will probably be completely different. But as long as it is fair for both teams I'll be good with it. Allen has been a roughing the passer magnet throughout his career. Just hope he is careful running the ball today.

I agree. Such a better game to watch. So much of the holding that goes on and is called is irrelevant to the play. Glad to see the refs just let them play (as much as I complain during the game). 

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

let’s hope Daboll wakes up this weekend and calls a much better game. 

If Yeldon is starting use him in the screen game. And use Beasley and JB on those quick slants. I don’t wanna see long developing routes today, it’s not gonna work. Josh won’t have that much time to throw. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Yeah you’re right because it’s not like Josh has had success against the blitz all year, something like best in the league...we should definitely worry about the one bad play 

I said last week, prior to the Colts game, that it had to be the most anticipated Bills game since our last Super Bowl.  And a lot of folks agreed with that.

Well forget that!  Tonight's game is OFF THE CHART ANTICIPATION.

Easily the biggest Bills football game in MORE than 25 years.

My fingernails will be quickly reduced to bloody nubs in this one!