Bills QB Josh Allen was once brutally snubbed by an SF Giants player, and has never forgotten it

Sorry if this already has been posted. It didn't come up in a search of posts the last week. Please remove if needed.

Speculation the Giants player is Jeff Kent in article below:

Article excerpt:

Bills QB Josh Allen was once brutally snubbed by an SF Giants player, and has never forgotten it (sfgate.com)

"Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen grew up in Firebaugh, a small town outside Fresno, and was both a San Francisco 49ers and San Francisco Giants fan as a kid.

He retained his love for the 49ers, stating that prior to his final year at the University of Wyoming in 2017 he wanted nothing more than to be drafted by the team. But his love for the Giants may have cooled a bit following an incident involving a young Allen and an unnamed Giants player after one of the team's home games.

[...]

Brown said that he would "put lots of money" on the mystery monster being Jeff Kent, which checks out. Kent of course was once kicked off his high school baseball team for an "attitude problem" and fought Bonds in the dugout during the 2002 season."

Edited by Prepare to Die
  • Like (+1) 6

11 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Am i the only one who, at first glance, processed this as :

Bills QB Josh Allen was once brutally stabbed by an SF Giants player

Very Bad Juju.  Drop and give us 20 then never do it again.

32 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'm pretty sure Allen shared this story a while ago, like his first year.

Yes, he did

• Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Jeff Kent and Will Clark were both gigantic douche bags.

My guess was immediately Clark.

*But, considering his age, the player was likely a Giant in 2003, no?

Change my guess to JT Snow. 

Edited by Paulus

3 hours ago, Prepare to Die said:

Brown said that he would "put lots of money" on the mystery monster being Jeff Kent, which checks out. Kent of course was once kicked off his high school baseball team for an "attitude problem" and fought Bonds in the dugout during the 2002 season."

Funny how Kent is the douche for fighting the biggest cheater in the history of sports.  Home Run King my a$$.  Bonds couldn't hold Henry Aaron's jockstrap.

• Like (+1) 6

3 hours ago, Buftex said:

Am i the only one who, at first glance, processed this as :

Bills QB Josh Allen was once brutally stabbed by an SF Giants player

Twice!!

• Like (+1) 1

Don't care what player it is, dude doesn't deserve to be crucified for it.... but is a helluva reminder why we love off the field Josh so much. I've always noticed how good he is with the kids especially at training camp, sincere dude! He got a little emotional too, a guy we can all identify with in alot of ways.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Bferra13 said:

It could literally be a guy having a bad day. Unless the dude comes forward, no way of knowing. 

11 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Don't care what player it is, dude doesn't deserve to be crucified for it.... but is a helluva reminder why we love off the field Josh so much. I've always noticed how good he is with the kids especially at training camp, sincere dude! He got a little emotional too, a guy we can all identify with in alot of ways.

Yeah there's nothing wrong with players not doing it and it's hardly surprising if it happens sometimes the real story is the impression it had on Josh and how it effected how he acts.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Reminds Me of when in 1987, Scott Norwood snubbed me, by not giving me an autograph. He had to get to practice and told me and the kid next to me, he only had time to sign one more, and so signed his. Yet, we were the ONLY kids there— would have taken him 3 seconds to sign for me too. 

....you didn't put some sort of curse/hex on him right?😉

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

A guy I used to know was a huge Allen Iverson fan as a kid, waited & saw him after a game. The kid walked up to him, smiling in total awe, and Iverson barked "What the f@*k you want, white boy?", and walked on by. He was crushed, and forever hated AI after that. If a guy is an epic a-hole, that doesn't usually change just because he gets famous & kids look up to him.

Edited by 947
  • Haha (+1) 2

Jeff Kent will always go down as one of the biggest ass hats in MLB history.  Incredibly arrogant.  Average player on the Mets.   Eventually ends up with SF and magically starts hitting bombs and getting 100+ RBI every year.  Weird, eh?  Cheating bum.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Funny how Kent is the douche for fighting the biggest cheater in the history of sports.  Home Run King my a$$.  Bonds couldn't hold Henry Aaron's jockstrap.

Shirley you can't be serious.  Jeff Kent was a douche everywhere he went.  And if you're implying Barry Bonds lacked talent, you are incorrect.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Shirley you can't be serious.  Jeff Kent was a douche everywhere he went.  And if you're implying Barry Bonds lacked talent, you are incorrect.

Bonds could have been the true GOAT, but he was so 'roided up that it's impossible to gauge his true place in the game.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Thing that Josh needs to realize is... He is one person and millions of people all across the country are going to want a piece of him! I LOVE Rueben Brown forever and forever more after he brought John Fina and Jim Kelly over with him to sign an autograph for me n my brother.. Guess what? Jimbo only signed an autograph for my brother, not me! His wife was pressuring Jim to leave and it looked like he didn’t want to be there.. I’m not going to lie, it stung a little bit but I realized that Jim Kelly was only one dude and there was 100 kids around him. I was just overjoyed to be in the presence of Jim Kelly! I was like 5 feet away from him! I still love Jim Kelly to this day and I’m not even slightly upset over it! Exemplary dude and I love him so much, he’s a great human being. With that said Rueben Brown is still my all time favorite Bill! 😃 

But what do you do when people want more than you can give? You can’t please everybody. Sometimes you have to say no. Even to a child, even to your friend from high school or a family member especially when you get that second contract! Saying no sometimes is absolutely fine.

It's kind of sad that most of the responses have focused on a witch hunt to determine who 'wronged' Josh instead of an appreciation for how that experience stuck with him and influences his interactions with young fans.

We're in a great place right now with Josh - he's uber talented and by all accounts a great guy. Sure he has his blemishes but who doesn't. I'm looking forward to seeing how far he can take us, I think he's capable of a championship, time will tell.

Good times.

43 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Never meet your heroes

Shoot.. I’m a musician and I like guys like Kurt Cobain, Townes Van Zandt, Blaze Foley, Elliott Smith, John Lennon and Hank Williams Sr etc. Most of these guys were drunks and heavy into drugs! If I had a platform like Josh Allen I’d be telling kids to stay in school and not do drugs.. Many of my favorite musicians died way too early.. Very sad thing to see kids doing hard drugs at 10 or 12 years old.. wasn’t like that when I was a kid.. 😓

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Prepare to Die said:

Sorry if this already has been posted. It didn't come up in a search of posts the last week. Please remove if needed.

Speculation the Giants player is Jeff Kent in article below:

Article excerpt:

Bills QB Josh Allen was once brutally snubbed by an SF Giants player, and has never forgotten it (sfgate.com)

Meh.

My childhood hero brutally murdered two people.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1