Postgame Thread Bills vs. Seahawks

Chandler#81

19 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't think the Cardinals are as good as people think they are.  Can't wait for all your Miami love this week.

35 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I mean is Pitts really that good?  They are struggling and losing to Dallas right now.  They got the Titans and Ravens win but have played nobody else.  I haven't looked but they probably have one of the easiest schedules IMO.

Yeah.  They are both very good teams.  Not sure how you can argue a 7-0 team is not good.  Arizona is averaging 419 yrds/gm and has a good D.  PItt has a top 5 defense. 

1 hour ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

After Tre left the field I loved that the first thing that happened was Dane Jackson getting a huge stick on Metcalf.  Very interesting rookie with a small sample size.

That's Dane's calling card. He is an amazing tackler. I remember watching his college highlights after the draft and that was what stood out to me, he just doesn't miss tackles and he can lay the lumber a bit.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Yeah.  They are both very good teams.  Not sure how you can argue a 7-0 team is not good.  Arizona is averaging 419 yrds/gm and has a good D.  PItt has a top 5 defense. 

Pittsburgh is probably the best team going so far.

The NFC West plays a lousy schedule this year, so I don't know exactly what these NFC West teams are, but Arizona does look good.

5 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I didn't say they weren't good.  Top 3 of the AFC, I am not so sure.  They had a pretty cupcake schedule so far.

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

❤️

The tweet here is exactly why reports of the offense's demise was greatly exaggerated. The Jets game was something like a 40 year anomaly where Buffalo didn't score at TD or punt but drove into position 8 times. Then they ran for 200 yards vs NE. underneath the somewhat lack of points, the yardage and first downs indicate that Buffalo is still moving the ball.

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, y2zipper said:

Pittsburgh is probably the best team going so far.

With Big Ben....um, about that....

Just now, BuffAlone said:

Not only did Josh cook, he smoked some turkeys. Despite being sacked 7 times!  Kudos to Daboll. 

Josh brought his bowie knife and his bottle of Wild Turkey.

Let Josh Hunt!

2 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I'd rather have them good and competitive.  Makes us all the better.

I don't get all of the Miami anxiety.

Me either. Allen takes over games when they play Miami. They won in my Miami in the September heat and this game will be in Buffalo, and I doubt the Bills will even have anything to play for that game.

9 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I'd rather have them good and competitive.  Makes us all the better.

I don't get all of the Miami anxiety.

The same way Dan Marino made Jim Kelly and the Buffalo Bills better,

I agree

Tua fish sandwiches twice a year...

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I get your bigger point. But the anxiety is we are 7-2 and they are 5-3, and we still have to run the gauntlet. We have little room for error. 

Could set up nicely for the final game.  We'll see how Tua handles the cold...

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

lol ***** pete and his dirty antics. i wont forget how he sent sherman to run Offside and hit carpenter before the half.

I believe McD quietly had a large chip on his shoulder for this game.  When he was DC of the Panthers and played the Seasnakes regularly, the Seasnakes owned them 5-2.

A bunch of those were very low-scoring games where the D did its job (against a high-powered Wilson offense) but the offense couldn't score.

I may be in love with Dion Dawkins.  He just gave a better HC press conference than Pete Carroll.  Gracious - called the Seahawks "a great team".  Continuous improvement minded - said "we shot ourselves in the foot a few times" and "we can do better".  Shrugged off a comparison to the 1993 Bills ...said they were the kings, but what this game shows is that we are capable, we have all of the pieces here.....good stuff! 

• Like (+1) 6

Even Jamal knew he committed a foul, his reaction was clear.  He was going to get beat so he leaned his leg out there to impede (trip) the receiver.  

Adams was great by the line of scrimmage and blitzing but not so great in coverage today

8 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Anyone else just hear Carroll’s comments on NBC about if the Bills tried to run the ball? Basically said ‘we had a real nice plan if they had run the ball’. Hahaha

That was quite the press conference.  No acknowledgement at all that they just played a 6-2 team who played well.

Sounds like Matt Hasselbeck did a better job scouting the Bills than the Seahawks did. (2:33) Matt is the only press guy that I have heard note that Josh was injured during the Raiders game, that his numbers dipped after the injury, said that Josh separated his shoulder and pointed out since then Josh has been wearing a "linebacker harness".  "Does it affect you as a right-handed thrower?  It absolutely does and you wind up missing things high a little bit more than you would....having had this injury, you do recover, he will be fine, and unfortunately for the Seahawks defense, I think probably right about now is the time Josh Allen is probably feeling himself"

6 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

He basically tried to say they should not have thrown the flag on Adams when he tripped Beasly. Said Adams had position on Beasly. 

Dear Tony Dungy:  We sold our Cow.  We sold our Cow.  We have no use...for your Bull now. 

That was a clear foul.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Anyone else just hear Carroll’s comments on NBC about if the Bills tried to run the ball? Basically said ‘we had a real nice plan if they had run the ball’. Hahaha

Just saw that.  Usually it's our coaches saying that they weren't prepared for what they got.  It's nice to see that shoe on the other foot for a change.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I get your bigger point. But the anxiety is we are 7-2 and they are 5-3, and we still have to run the gauntlet. We have little room for error. 

What Guantlet? We're better than the Cards and should beat them.

49ers will be down QB and best player TE. 

Steelers will be tough, but Phins play KC, and some common opponents. ( Pats, Broncos, Chargers)

Then we play Phins in Dec ...yikes..rookie QB ....i like our chances.

...not seeing this guantlet, not after today.

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I saw Dawson Knox getting beaten like a drum by a DB (might have been Adams) on one of them 😒

It was Adams. I don't remember seeing Knox in on many other plays...was he on a pitch count or just not involved much?

• Like (+1) 1