Can someone explain why Browns catch wasn’t a TD?

I think what might of bothered me more was the fact the ref didn’t call it a touchdown live. I don’t know how they stand right there, see the whole play and rule it down at the inch mark. That ball was over the goal line the whole way until brown went down. Really really weird call 

Just now, Rc2catch said:

I think what might of bothered me more was the fact the ref didn’t call it a touchdown live. I don’t know how they stand right there, see the whole play and rule it down at the inch mark. That ball was over the goal line the whole way until brown went down. Really really weird call 

It wasn't called a TD live because of the bobble... It was enough for the ref to say...."wait possession wasn't right away, so I'll go with where he lands.'

2 minutes ago, nkreed said:

It wasn't called a TD live because of the bobble... It was enough for the ref to say...."wait possession wasn't right away, so I'll go with where he lands.'

Ref head bobble as his jaw hit the floor with Allen dropping a friggin DIME!.

There were some odd calls throughout the game, the hold on Diggs on the end of a run going out of bounds behind him was weak as hell, and the Raiders were assessed some head-scratchers too.

Brown had possession and the ball broke the plane of the goal line it is a TD. Not sure why possession when it is a Bills player seems to entail something extra, or why a tie that wasn't a tie was awarded to the defense with Kroft the prior week.

Just bad calls, but they called back that Raiders TD for the illegal formation. Those are usually pre-snap mistakes rather than judgement calls, but either way it went our way.

• Like (+1) 1

Last week it was the interception call when Tyler Kroft clearly hit the ground with possession of an Allen pass.

This week Carr didn't hit the turf during a Bills pass rush, fumbled and they ruled forward progress to negate a Bills recovery.  What? 

Then, how could Brown have possession of a pass with the ball clearly over the goal line and it was ruled short of the TD?

• Like (+1) 1

The announcers brushed it off, but it was 100% clear to me.  When you paused the video, he had possession, his knees hadn't touched and the ball was over the plane.

Had we not punched it in, I'd be all kinds of loony right now.  It made no sense to me.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, nkreed said:

I can’t believe it given some of the terrible calls they call players in and the ball never gets close. 

Honestly, I wonder if you can challenge a play that happened the prior quarter. It wasn't mentioned, but what about the half? It was technically the last play, but the 3d quarter was already off the clock. Probably in the rule book, but I wonder how itd work for like the end of a half, too.

So... lets simplify it by saying it's a horrendously bad call - although it didn't end up mattering. 

The reason they came up with was, he was moving away and down while establishing control..... essentially they are saying due to how he was falling, he didn't have control until he hit the ground at which point he was out of the endzone. He clearly had control as he was falling and it should have been a TD because he was over the plane for such a LONG time. Bad Call and they are trying to save face. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, WideNine said:

There were some odd calls throughout the game, the hold on Diggs on the end of a run going out of bounds behind him was weak as hell, and the Raiders were assessed some head-scratchers too.

Yeah that last block in the back they called on the Raiders was super weak.

• Like (+1) 2

They said something about him going backwards toward the ground. That makes no sense. That was a TD. He had control of the ball and ball broke the plane. Now perhaps if he lost control on going to the ground maybe he doesnt complete the catch.  But he did habe control to the ground.

Will be interesting to see if NFL gives some explanation. 

The quick whistle on Carr is terrible. There is no way in real time the ref had blown that play dead. He decided it after the fact. Carr had barely gotten wrapped up when the ball came out. Terrible call by officials.  

But as always there is no agenda. They don't want the Raiders to win because they are in a new market. They don't have a bias against the Bills. They are just bad calls.