Updated: Yannick tweets again

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Or we can let Seattle have him and let Clowney walk, then we can sign Clowney instead. That leaves us all our draft picks fo trade up for a #1 WR.

Lol!     I'm not hold my breath on Clowney coming to Hooterville, regardless of the $$$ or if we give him the key to the city...

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yeah, there's no way they can keep Clowney and trade for/sign Ngakoue. 

What does it say about Clowney that they prefer Ngakoue (who'll make just as much $$$)?     

We should be all in on Yannick if that Seahawks trade offer is legit...

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

What does it say about Clowney that they prefer Ngakoue (who'll make just as much $$$)?     

It says that the team made an agreement upon trading for Clowney not to tag him in 2020 because he wants his shot at the open market.

If you’re Seattle, and you were able to get a tagged DE for 2 backup LBs once, why not try to do it again in the hopes that 2nd time will be the charm?

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

@thebandit27 has laid this out thoroughly already. I would be fine with paying Clowney more so than Ngakoue. 

Just now, thebandit27 said:

It says that the team made an agreement upon trading for Clowney not to tag him in 2020 because he wants his shot at the open market.

If you’re Seattle, and you were able to get a tagged DE for 2 backup LBs once, why not try to do it again in the hopes that 2nd time will be the charm?

Your ears must have been burning. :lol: I was typing at the same time as you I believe. 

10 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

A swap of their first and giving up their second round pick is a hell of a bigger payment than two back up LBs...

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

A swap of their first and giving up their second round pick is a hell of a bigger payment than two back up LBs...

I’m not suggesting that the compensation will be the same; I’m saying that since Clowney won’t re-sign until he sees what he’s worth on the open market, they may as well see if they can once again pilfer a tagged DE for below market value because he doesn’t want to sign long-term (and thereby get a year out of him by assuring him of no tag in 2021).

I wonder if Judon isn’t our target.

Will cost less in assets to acquire.

Will cost less in terms of contract.

Will provide a better player in terms of coverage and versatility.

And could still see Beane drafting Gross-Matos at 22. Imagine those as your bookends first the next 4/5 years. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/2/2020 at 11:13 AM, whatdrought said:

This is an interesting situation because it could, potentially, really shine a light on the misuse of the franchise tag. I don’t remember many situations where guys have straight up said “I don’t want to be here, and I’m not signing” only to have the team slap the tag on them anyways. The tag was meant to be a bridge to a long term deal, but that’s clearly not the case here. 

i would do it anyway, im not letting a good player walk with no compensation.

6 minutes ago, driddles said:

Baseball diamond, Arizona Diamondbacks.  His post couldn't be clearer...

Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend ---> Marilyn Monroe ----> Joe Dimaggio -----> Played in NY but born in San Francisco ------> Niners for 2 first rounders

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1