Updated: Yannick tweets again

Jags hands are tied.  you go for it, and load the contract how it makes sense to keep tre and sign him this year or next.  Grab Harris as well.   use 2nd to grad OT or RB, depending on who/if we sign one in Free agency.  Beane set these contracts to expire in 1, 2 or 3 years.  Setting up for Allen (if he is our guy), or tre.  

12 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Yannick & Diggs are close. Jefferson is OAF

I edited my post.    They all played together in 2013 and 2014.    Yannick and Jefferson have to be really tight as they played together three years, from 2013-15...

On 3/2/2020 at 4:13 PM, whatdrought said:

This is an interesting situation because it could, potentially, really shine a light on the misuse of the franchise tag. I don’t remember many situations where guys have straight up said “I don’t want to be here, and I’m not signing” only to have the team slap the tag on them anyways. The tag was meant to be a bridge to a long term deal, but that’s clearly not the case here. 

The tag is also there for the team that invested that pick into you to protect their own interests. The use of tagging isn't just for long-term deals, but for prolonging player capital.

From the player's perspective they can sit out most of the year to fight back.

I can see it from both sides.