Pick 3 FA's you'd like to see targeted.

GreggTX

4 hours ago, dneveu said:

Thats a lot of dough dude...  

Cooper getting 20m a year seems a bit scary when you remember the drops and inconsistencies.

Ngakoue is going to get paid really really well.  

Armstead i guess it depends what he gets paid - he was a part of a beast D-line so... did the lightswitch go on and make him a double digit sack guy?  or is he closer to the 3 from the last 4 years?

Yes its going to be costly.  Ngakoue replacing Murphy is a no brainer and my top hope. Cooper is not exactly without some issues but there's no way I'm spending money on aging guys like Green or Sanders. Maybe we land an amazing wr in round 1 or 2. We're long overdue there. You're right Jerry probably plays one more year only because of that contract. Armstead as a last resort?

13 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

1. Jordan Phillips

2. Ysnnick Ngakoue

3. AJ Green

4. Find a RB#2 somewhere

That is what I would target. My guess is Phillips will be too expensive. 

I want a veteran WR and 4 front 7 players and a swing OT in the first 5 rounds. 

Can't see how Phillips is not retained. He's bought into the process and has balled out while showing mentorship for Oliver.  The team loves that guy.

Ngakoue would be a nice get.

Pass on Green, rather go after Cooper if you're gonna pay big bucks (I'd top out at 15 per).

16 hours ago, Dopey said:

I like our core and would take a conservative approach. Limit our "splash" signings and build quality depth to what we already have through FA.

WR-Robby Anderson. I like his game. He's 6'3"  with good speed and has played well, considering the Jets are a mess. He would be a great compliment to Brown and Cole. Don't think he would be very expensive. I would also draft a WR.

RB- Melvin Gordon wants too much $ and I don't see Arizona letting Kenyon Drake leave. I wait for someone to be let go from other teams. Maybe Arizona let's Davis Johnson go or trade him. If so, I go after him. I would even entertain Adrian Peterson, if the Skins let him go. I would also draft a RB. Singletary along with Johnson or Peterson would work out nicely.

OLB- I like Jamie Collins from NE. He may be considered a "splash" signing. 7 sacks, 3 ints and 3 forced fumbles and a defensive TD. He would solidify our LB corp. Also draft a LB for depth. If we can't get Collins, I would go after Van Noy at DE.

I believe it's been reported he was asking for 10 mil per, reasonable.

Outside of Chandler Jones who was traded BTW what NE player has done anything on another team once they reached Free Agency?  Brown, Solder, Amendola, Butler. You'd have to go all the way back to Wes Welker and he needed another elite QB to be productive. Want nothing to do with Van Noy or Collins.

31 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

AJ Green didn’t play at all this year, it’s obvious he did that in an attempt to protect his value. If teams saw 2019 AJ they wouldn’t be willing to spend real money on him in FA, I said it when he kept postponing his return. I’m sticking by it, he is toast. 

Agree. 

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Can't see how Phillips is not retained. He's bought into the process and has balled out while showing mentorship for Oliver.  The team loves that guy.

Ngakoue would be a nice get.

Pass on Green, rather go after Cooper if you're gonna pay big bucks (I'd top out at 15 per).

Because some team will overpay for him. I would bring him back but it takes two to make an agreement. They just invested #6 pick on the same position so I doubt they will make Phillips a top 10 paid DT. If he would settle for less money that would be fine.

I would prefer to use cap space to extend Dawkins who is a serviceable LT, and a veteran WR. If they can get an all world edge player like Ngakoue then I would break the bank for him.

57 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Because some team will overpay for him. I would bring him back but it takes two to make an agreement. They just invested #6 pick on the same position so I doubt they will make Phillips a top 10 paid DT. If he would settle for less money that would be fine.

I would prefer to use cap space to extend Dawkins who is a serviceable LT, and a veteran WR. If they can get an all world edge player like Ngakoue then I would break the bank for him.

#9 pick but the rest of your point is dead on. I think they will try with Phillips but the Bills will have a number in their heads and they will not go past it. If he wants to stay here where he has gone from almighty bust to big success then he will need to accept a little under his value on the open market. Ball is likely in his court.

Ngakoue (DE from Jags) ... replace Shaq, cut Hughes (for cash)

Judon (LB from Ravens) ... replace Zo

Conklin (OT from Titans) .. move Ford to Guard, cut Ty

No fan of AJ Green ... too old and broken down ... don't think Robbie Anderson's background fits "the process" .. thinking draft for WR's.

On 12/30/2019 at 6:42 AM, Whitey13 said:

We barely use DiMarco, why would we need a different FB?

Because they always look so good and versatile on other teams ;)

Then they come here and everyone wants them cut ;)

Time for a new whipping boy ;)

No way Judon is getting out of Baltimore and even if he does I am wary about Baltimore pass rushers. Same as New England offensive linemen. The Ravens just always seem to scheme opportunities for their pass rushers. I know Za'Darius Smith has gone on and had a career year with Green Bay as a FA this year, but I think back to the likes of Pernell McPhee and Paul Kruger who had big years in that scheme and then signed big FA deals with Chicago and Cleveland respectively and never hit the same heights. They are very good at not switching schemes, knowing how they play and drafting guys who fit that perfectly. But those guys don't often have the same success elsewhere. New England does the same with linemen if you think about Nate Solder and Trent Brown for example in recent years who have played okay for their new teams (though in Brown's case only after being flipped to RT) but haven't hit the heights they did with the Patriots.

EDIT: Just worth saying on Smith too I don't think it is any coincidence that the coordinator who has helped make him so effective in Green Bay traces his routes back to that Ravens defense. Pettine knows that scheme and probably still has a number of the concepts baked into what he does.

Edited by GunnerBill

33 minutes ago, CSBill said:

mans he had his way with Our DBs as well. I’d take him in a heartbeat 

He signed an extension earlier this year so he won't be available. 

27 minutes ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Ngakoue (DE from Jags) ... replace Shaq, cut Hughes (for cash)

Judon (LB from Ravens) ... replace Zo

Conklin (OT from Titans) .. move Ford to Guard, cut Ty

No fan of AJ Green ... too old and broken down ... don't think Robbie Anderson's background fits "the process" .. thinking draft for WR's.

Why cut Ty or Hughes? They're both solid depth. I don't think Spain cost a lot to bring back and he's been solid this season and rather have him in there than Ford. 

18 hours ago, Dkollidas said:

WR- Breshad Perriman (TB)

DE- Vic Beasley (Atl)

OL-BJ Finney (Pit)

I want them to go after low risk, big reward free agents. These type of players, combined with good drafting, and re-signing our own in their prime, will be a big key to success and I also believe it’s the way Beane and McDermott want to run the organization. 

I'd take a chance on Beasley to replace LorAx yet as don't think he'll get a big money deal. Perriman is meh to me. If I'm going for a depth WR I like Geronimo Allison from the Packers. 

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Treadwell has size but nothing else. No thanks. 

I wouldn't be so sure. Plus he'd be a cheap body to bring in and compete during camp. He's buried on the depth chart in Minnesota. Change of scenery might do him some good.

6 minutes ago, Luka said:

I wouldn't be so sure. Plus he'd be a cheap body to bring in and compete during camp. He's buried on the depth chart in Minnesota. Change of scenery might do him some good.

He had a chance at a fresh start. Vikings released him in August, he worked out for a number of teams (Including the Bills). It appears he didn't "wow" anyone, as the Vikings signed him back in late September. That should tell you something.

17 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yes its going to be costly.  Ngakoue replacing Murphy is a no brainer and my top hope. Cooper is not exactly without some issues but there's no way I'm spending money on aging guys like Green or Sanders. Maybe we land an amazing wr in round 1 or 2. We're long overdue there. You're right Jerry probably plays one more year only because of that contract. Armstead as a last resort?

Where do you stand on our own free agents in Phillips and Lawson?

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I’m not sure why Henry is a popular choice.  He’s going to get a huge contract.  Why give a huge contract to a RB which would make Singletary a back up?

We need help in the passing game...

I like henry - hes made strides.  Paying a running back just never seems to work out though.  If someone comes around that you like at a mark ingram type of price - I'm for it.  Otherwise draft. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

A lot of people want Amari Cooper. Saw something that said since 2015 he leads the league in drops.

This is not exactly a real robust FA year for wrs. Cooper does have issues and was inconsistent the 2nd half of this season. We have to find Josh a #1 guy. Maybe Shenault turns into that guy?

Just now, BuffaloRebound said:

Not a FA, but I’d trade a 4th rounder maybe even a 3rd rounder for Fournette who’s on the last year of his rookie deal.  He’ll be motivated, is still young, and is only a few years removed from being a top 5 pick.  

Eh - could end up being a hold out situation.  I think they pick up the 5th year option and he becomes fairly expensive year 2 unless you can work out an extension.

On 12/30/2019 at 6:14 AM, njbuff said:

Jordan Phillips, Shaq Lawson, Quinton Spain

Somewhat surprised than none made the top 50 list.

I'd go with Ngakoue, Henry, and Robby Anderson at WR.  I'd prefer a cheaper number 2 type paired with Brown and draft a rookie in 2nd or 3rd round.  Would not bother with Green unless he came real cheap.

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

Eh - could end up being a hold out situation.  I think they pick up the 5th year option and he becomes fairly expensive year 2 unless you can work out an extension.

I highly doubt they’re gonna pick up his 5th year option when they already voided his guarantees.  

Brian Bulaga, RT, Green Bay

Jordan Jenkins, LB, NYJ

Bud Dupree, DE, Pittsburgh

1. Laviska Shenault, WR

2. Kenny Willekes, DE

3. Stephen Guidry, WR

4. CB

5. LB

6. CB

7. OT

UDFA: K, P, RB

* Could use another RB to go with Yeldon and Singletary, maybe Wade? Or a free agent? Regardless I think Singletary is an elite back we just need a bruiser.

21 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This is not exactly a real robust FA year for wrs. Cooper does have issues and was inconsistent the 2nd half of this season. We have to find Josh a #1 guy. Maybe Shenault turns into that guy?

Supposedly it’s a very strong WR draft class.