Yesterday proved another thing we need a hammer back

Motor is a really good back with great physicality for his size. Unfortunately if you have an OC that's incredibly predictable and an O line that just isn't physical enough from the Tackle position it makes for some tough sledding. Yes we need another back, a bruising, pile moving type. But Devin has all the qualities to be a feature RB.

• Like (+1) 1

We don’t have enough physicality on either side of the ball.  When your QB is your toughest mofo, that’s not a good thing.  

As good as our safeties are in coverage, we need somebody back there who’s gonna bring the wood.  Brady should’ve have been sent to the blue tent on his run by the goal line.  And there were too many runs to count where the Patriots would’ve had 2-3 yards less per run if we had a safety who could come in and clean up a play.  

• Like (+1) 5

31 minutes ago, the skycap said:

I'm gonna keep typing his name, Jonathan Taylor.

He’s my favorite back coming out the past few years, including Zeke and Barkley.  I really love the way the dude runs.

But it’s not close to a need and it would be a total waste of resources to draft a RB high right now.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

No.  A scat back.  Someone who can go in motion, catch the ball on third down.  One more chess piece that Daboll can use to keep linebackers and safeties guessing.  Would be the perfect compliment to Motor’s efficiency.

Yeah someone with the breakaway speed Motor lacks.

24 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

No.  A scat back.  Someone who can go in motion, catch the ball on third down.  One more chess piece that Daboll can use to keep linebackers and safeties guessing.  Would be the perfect compliment to Motor’s efficiency.

Why can't we have both?

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He’s my favorite back coming out the past few years, including Zeke and Barkley.  I really love the way the dude runs.

But it’s not close to a need and it would be a total waste of resources to draft a RB high right now.

Where would you go in rd 1? I'd love to get Ceedee Lamb, but you'd have to trade up for him. In the late 20s, I don't see another impact player that's slotted that late than Taylor

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Waste of a pick of he’s going before rd 4

Wow!!

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

Motor is a really good back with great physicality for his size. Unfortunately if you have an OC that's incredibly predictable and an O line that just isn't physical enough from the Tackle position it makes for some tough sledding. Yes we need another back, a bruising, pile moving type. But Devin has all the qualities to be a feature RB.

Devins a 2 - a good 2. He just doesnt have break away speed or the ability to pound it all game. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Devins a 2 - a good 2. He just doesnt have break away speed or the ability to pound it all game. 

He can run the reps of a one.
 I too think we need speed to get around the tackles. 

But not using the pass to the flats or screens who knows?
so many times we have seen the HB coming open and Josh just keeps his eyes downfield regardless.

Tyrod used to do that too.

hmmm.
so i am not sure what best fits.

Morse is not a Bull , he is finesse. so good hands and some speed might best fit in this Offense.

no matter what, Bills had best fix the RT situation asap

10 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

He doesn't know how to run a screen pass, or use a TE.  The guy sucks as an OC.

Don't get me wrong, I blame McD too, they're both offensive morons.  

What are they waiting for?  We locked up a playoff spot and we're on the road against our two decade long nemesis.   That's our game plan?  If ever there was a time to try and let this team open it up - with no pressure and get excellent feedback because NE's defense is legit - it was Saturday.  

All these two offensive morons did was further tell the entire offense we don't trust you.  In fact, we'd rather not have the ball.  We purposely want the time of possession in the favor of the opposing offense.  

I used to think it was dumb - now I know it's a decision and they believe something that isn't true.  That they can win long term playing this way on offense.  

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

He can run the reps of a one.
 I too think we need speed to get around the tackles. 

But not using the pass to the flats or screens who knows?
so many times we have seen the HB coming open and Josh just keeps his eyes downfield regardless.

Tyrod used to do that too.

hmmm.
so i am not sure what best fits.

Morse is not a Bull , he is finesse. so good hands and some speed might best fit in this Offense.

no matter what, Bills had best fix the RT situation asap

Your right, he has the endurance of a 1/4 horse but not a thoroughbred! 

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I think Frank Gore is pretty much running on fumes...Motor is great but against teams with really physical front 7s we need that 225lbs bell cow to hammer on these teams 

What is with Bills fans and runningbacks? Singletary has been an absolute beast regardless of size and is more than physical, even the announcers mentioned it many times. IMO we need a tall WR who can catch everything like a Michael Thomas type who will also be great in the redzone. Also we will need to work on the OL and need at least 2 pass rushers.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

What is with Bills fans and runningbacks? Singletary has been an absolute beast regardless of size and is more than physical, even the announcers mentioned it many times. IMO we need a tall WR who can catch everything like a Michael Thomas type who will also be great in the redzone. Also we will need to work on the OL and need at least 2 pass rushers.

Nice to have a complimentary backer when Gore retires post season. I do not think Yeldon is that guy.

Taking nothing away from Singletary.

And yes Bills need a number of players yet, especially at Offense

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

I’ve thought the same.... at least he went for points before halftime for the firs time all year...

why should they trust them ? The Offense that is.
work in process.