Josh Gordon suspended indefinitely, yet again

YoloinOhio

Unbelievable that this kid.. well guy he’s no kid anymore can continue to be this stupid. 
He just caught a 50 yard bomb from Wilson yesterday. He’s had more chances now than he deserves. He is going to hate himself for the rest of his life for how much money he has missed out on. 
Could of had monster contracts as a top paid receiver, instead keeps making stupid mistakes and wasting his talent and body for lesser paychecks than what he once deserved. Guy literally smoked his way out of 30 million dollars if not more. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

At this point I feel bad for the guy. He just can't get out of his own way. It is sad really. 

This is exactly where I stand on it. I don’t always have sympathy for a lot of guys that do dumb stuff. Usually that’s the case with failed tests. I have 2 good friends that played in the league and both had drug suspensions from adderall. They were idiots.

Josh Gordon isn’t that. He’s an addict. He has a drug problem. I was engaged to an alcoholic. She’s almost 3 years sober now but I saw the way that controlled her. You become powerless. Josh Gordon needs to focus on fixing his life and worry about football another time. 

• Like (+1) 9

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

How has his agent not hired a full time body man to prevent this by this point? Jeez.

You can actually do that, and he’ll still find a way. Unfortunately, that’s how it often works. Sad, but true. 

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

I know you're kidding but we'd have to think he's done now, right?  Meaning lifetime ban.

The Cheaters got special treatment to allow him to come back after 2 games.  Gotta figure the Seachickens have some pull as well.

3 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

In all fairness weed is legal in Seattle.

It's still illegal nationally. The locals just don't enforce it. I consider it more a sanctuary law, rather than legalization.

Not to mention the Seahawks play in states where they still arrest people for it. Happened to a friend of mine boarding a plane from Texas to California. Idiot had CBD oil in his carry-on. Dog got him.

Imagine if they detain half the visiting team at the airport. ?

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is exactly where I stand on it. I don’t always have sympathy for a lot of guys that do dumb stuff. Usually that’s the case with failed tests. I have 2 good friends that played in the league and both had drug suspensions from adderall. They were idiots.

Josh Gordon isn’t that. He’s an addict. He has a drug problem. I was engaged to an alcoholic. She’s almost 3 years sober now but I saw the way that controlled her. You become powerless. Josh Gordon needs to focus on fixing his life and worry about football another time. 

A good look at his history. He started using Xanax and Codeine in 7th grade. Gangs at 15. Then some ass-hat-coach at Baylor helped Gordon cheat his drug tests so he could keep playing. When you start using prescription meds at 12/13, you really don't have much of a chance against being an addict. Then add gangs at 15, and adults helping you keep your addictions going from 18-20 so you can be "successful". 

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree. But if this one is for "performance enhancing "drugs, it may be something unrelated to his addiction. 

I know some will scoff, but I also believe AB probably has some fairly serious psychological issues. IMO he needs to address those before worrying about playing football. 

• Like (+1) 1