Bills @ Cowboys, Thanksgiving Day - 4:30

whatdrought

Here we go again with the Bills playing a “supposed” desperate team.

At this time of year, throw that out the window.

The Bills are also “desperate” to keep pace with the Pats.

We will see how prepared the Bills are for this game right out of the gate.

I hope the Bills players and coaches continue to take this lack of respect to heart.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Success said:

I usually drink a ton on Thanksgiving Day.  I also drink a ton during Bills games.  And I love late afternoon drinking in general.

It's like a perfect storm.

Have we met? I mean, do you remember if we’ve met? This sounds familiar. I won’t throw the rest of my family under the bus, but......that’s a storm I see brewing! 

• Haha (+1) 3

I hate this game.  They are such a hot and cold team.  They have the deepest WR talent we've faced all year and Zeke.  This could easily go sideways quickly. 

I want this win as much as any win against the Pats.  But a prime time game and getting to 9 wins before December has my BBFS is overdrive.

If they win, you'll see a very different side of me.  But I'm not optimistic.

• Like (+1) 1

My wife and I will be going to Dallas to spend Thanksgiving with my sister and her family.  We have tickets for the game.  Friday will be our family Thanksgiving dinner. 

This will be fun.  I would love to see them win.  They are playing better the past few weeks, yes the competition has not been strong but the progress the Bills have made is undeniable.   

McD must get them ready.  Play fearless and smart.  Don’t let the bright lights distract. A win against Dallas will provide the Bills with credibility and confidence.   I think they can do it.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Success said:

I usually drink a ton on Thanksgiving Day.  I also drink a ton during Bills games.  And I love late afternoon drinking in general.

It's like a perfect storm.

I actually did good today. GREAT, even!  About a dozen family in town for Thanksgiving and my mom’s 92nd BDay. Too many dishes after a Bills game! I did as much as I could in advance, but post game required a low country boil, mushroom Risotto, finishing the grilled  corn salad and grilled veggies. EVERYBODY wants to help, and never once did I say GTF out of my kitchen! Took a little help here and there from a couple folks I trust. 

TWO big wins for me today! 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I hate this game.  They are such a hot and cold team.  They have the deepest WR talent we've faced all year and Zeke.  This could easily go sideways quickly. 

I want this win as much as any win against the Pats.  But a prime time game and getting to 9 wins before December has my BBFS is overdrive.

If they win, you'll see a very different side of me.  But I'm not optimistic.

I hear you but try to enjoy the game on Thanksgiving.  It's great we have this opportunity.

33 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

All good brother.

i wish Dallas has won today too, they will definitely be playing with a chip After the Loss to the Pats. 

Third times the charm?  

Played Cleveland when they were desperate. 

Played Philly when they were desperate. 

Now Dallas..  I don’t know that they’re in the same category of desperation as the other two, but it’s about time we won one of these. 

• Like (+1) 1

When they play on Thursday will they stay and practice Monday and a Tuesday then do the travel game on Wednesday for the game?? That’s the only thing I don’t like Thursday’s cause they don’t have much recovery time and prepare time.. Bit I guess it’s for both teams..

I think Cooper is at about 70 percent.  I'd put White on Gallup and work some double teams on Cooper.  And mix that up.  

And blitz them all night.  Run blitzes.  Stunts.  Everything we got.  We won't get away with rushing just 3 or 4 and we'll get killed leaving only 6 guys in the box.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I am getting the vibe from our team that they are going to thrive on the big stage. I actually think JA is going to have a career day. Just a gut feeling based on the momentum of the team over the last several weeks. They don’t strike me as classically Billsy. 

Most, if not all the players on this team would not know what Billsy is, but we who have witnessed countless inept Bills performances and amazing collapses over the decades that managed to somehow ***** defeat from the jaws of victory remember. 

How fitting is it that on Thanksgiving we can be thankful for all those optimistic, bright-eyed players that make up the Bills squad today. They are not burdened by the memory or legacy of this franchises past failures. All they need to do is execute, play solid football, and create their own winning legacy - one opponent at a time.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 hours ago, RiotAct said:

shakespearean-tragedy.gif

F to the guy who rolled out like a slug ,who i believe is Jason Garrett, and an A to Jerry Jones Jr for running it down. ;)

5 hours ago, stevewin said:

At least we know what to look out for - those tripping mofos

That last tripping was BS, the cowboys winning would have really helped us which just proves the refs are out to get us :ph34r:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Putin said:

The freakin Jets first win came against the cowboys , 

will beat the cowboys and all of US will have a GREAT thanksgiving!!!!

GO BILLS !!!

Surprised you're not a cowboy fan living in Texas?

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wow !! Thought those two were married.

Why the Giants? Is their coach in trouble?

As mentioned earlier, this is the least important game left on the schedule in terms of playoff importance, but I think I want this one more than any other game this year. Don't think there's another NFL personality I despise more than Jerry Jones. I would love to see the look on his ghoulish face if the Bills win Thursday. 

Some coaches like to divide an NFL season in quarters.  The Bills have gone 3-1 in the first two quarters of the season, and if they win Thursday, they’ll have gone 3-1 in the third quarter as well.  Go 3-1 in each quarter and you’re looking at 12-4, which is not too shabby.

• Like (+1) 4

22 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

As mentioned earlier, this is the least important game left on the schedule in terms of playoff importance, but I think I want this one more than any other game this year. Don't think there's another NFL personality I despise more than Jerry Jones. I would love to see the look on his ghoulish face if the Bills win Thursday. 

still rather beat the patriots

Just a few stats for the hell of it...

The Cowboys are 31-19-1 on Thanksgiving day games

The Bills are 3-4-1 on Thanksgiving day games

The Bills have never played the Cowboys on Thanksgiving

The last time the Bills played on Thanksgiving was in 1994.  We lost to Detroit 35-21.  

Edited by Scott7975

2 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Bills are going to shut down Elliott & feast on Dak. I like our chances on a short week even though we are on the road. The Cowboys also played a 425pm game & are on 3 less hours of rest. Bills should be ready to go. 

i think that type of weather can take something out of the players as well, even more than straight cold and snow. That looked nasty yesterday

The notion that the Cowboys play particularly well on Thanksgiving is a myth. They have been blown out a couple times in recent history.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2018/11/22/the-all-time-results-of-the-dallas-cowboys-thanksgiving-day-games/

Nov. 23, 2017: Los Angeles Chargers 28, Dallas Cowboys 6

Nov. 26, 2015: Carolina Panthers 33, Dallas Cowboys 14

Nov. 27, 2014: Philadelphia Eagles 33, Dallas Cowboys 10

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

F to the guy who rolled out like a slug ,who i believe is Jason Garrett, and an A to Jerry Jones Jr for running it down. ;)

That last tripping was BS, the cowboys winning would have really helped us which just proves the refs are out to get us :ph34r:

BB, BB seriously if I didn’t write what I wrote above that is what I was going to bring up.  Dude, are you kidding me?!  There is a little word we all like to call: try.  Maybe test it out the next time this happens...like try and put your foot on the break before rolling out.

tripping penalty was an utter joke.

• Thank you (+1) 1