Bills @ Cowboys, Thanksgiving Day - 4:30

whatdrought

6 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I'm thinking if we kick their ass on Thursday, Jerry might very well let him go. Jerry is pretty pissed and made it clear he thought the coaching was the biggest issue. That last FG by Dallas was ridiculous. They would still need a TD to win it. They should have planned to go for it on 4th down. If they had, the previous plays would/should have been different. Jerry is still pissed about the Jets loss too and I get the feeling he thinks we are inferior to them too. It'll be interesting if we beat them and Garrett makes another boneheaded decision or two.

6 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I'm thinking if we kick their ass on Thursday, Jerry might very well let him go. Jerry is pretty pissed and made it clear he thought the coaching was the biggest issue. That last FG by Dallas was ridiculous. They would still need a TD to win it. They should have planned to go for it on 4th down. If they had, the previous plays would/should have been different. Jerry is still pissed about the Jets loss too and I get the feeling he thinks we are inferior to them too. It'll be interesting if we beat them and Garrett makes another boneheaded decision or two.

7 minutes ago, Dopey said:

The Bills defeat Cowboys. McDermott will technically devise a plan to confuse Cowboys. Again, more hype that will be grounded by the Bills.

The Cowboys are a talented team. Solid defense (top 10 in my opinion), one of the best offensive lines in the league, one of the best running backs in the league, a WR1 in Cooper, a capable although somewhat limited QB in Dak, and decent complementary receiving pieces. 

But their special teams have been mediocre and if Cooper disappears their offense can be limited. Their defense also while good is not elite. However overall this is a good test for the Bills on the road off the short week. 

In my opinion I think it will be a close game that will mostly come down to turnovers and a few big plays down the stretch. I also think a big special teams play a factor and one of those key big plays could be a ST play. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Cowboys are a talented team. Solid defense (top 10 in my opinion), one of the best offensive lines in the league, one of the best running backs in the league, a WR1 in Cooper, a capable although somewhat limited QB in Dak, and decent complementary receiving pieces. 

But their special teams have been mediocre and if Cooper disappears their offense can be limited. Their defense also while good is not elite. However overall this is a good test for the Bills on the road off the short week. 

In my opinion I think it will be a close game that will mostly come down to turnovers and a few big plays down the stretch. I also think a big special teams play a factor and one of those key big plays could be a ST play. 

Bills go in quietly and slowly take them apart. I have taken a closer look at this Bills defense. Cowboys are in for a big surprise. Bills 21-16

2 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Bills go in quietly and slowly take them apart. I have taken a closer look at this Bills defense. Cowboys are in for a big surprise. Bills 21-16

I love the sky is falling posts stating Dallas is gonna score a boatload of points on this defense.

Good luck with that prognostication

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

21-16 isn't taking them apart haha. But I do think that another edge the Bills possibly have is coaching. The Bills are a well coached team, and while I don't consider Garrett a bad coach he isn't a very good one either. McD I think is a very good coach. The Bills don't make many mental mistakes and they play prepared with mostly good gameplans. 

I think both teams are similarly talented and in these types of games that are tight it is going to come down to turnovers and big plays. Bad coaching can result in the mistakes that give up turnovers and big plays. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Jets now have 2 signature wins this year...Cowboys and Raiders- both, playoff contenders....

So would you rather be 4-7 with 2 "signature wins", or 8-3 without?

J E T S jets jets jets could well win 3-4 more games  this season.  They have the Bengals and Dolphins on tap.

The Good News for them, is that they seem to have a QB who can win a game on his arm when the rush game is AWOL or partially shut down.

Can anyone who watched the Oakland game tell me about how the Jets shut them down?

22 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I love the sky is falling posts stating Dallas is gonna score a boatload of points on this defense.

Good luck with that prognostication

I don"t buy it Joe. I love this Bills team because they simply just go about their business. I doubt that they care less about the Cowboys. The Cowboys are another inflated team that has not faced a team like  the Bills. The Bills are tight and play team football....I look for a lot of confusion and frustration from the Cowboys. Bills win. 

13 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

21-16 isn't taking them apart haha. But I do think that another edge the Bills possibly have is coaching. The Bills are a well coached team, and while I don't consider Garrett a bad coach he isn't a very good one either. McD I think is a very good coach. The Bills don't make many mental mistakes and they play prepared with mostly good gameplans. 

I think both teams are similarly talented and in these types of games that are tight it is going to come down to turnovers and big plays. Bad coaching can result in the mistakes that give up turnovers and big plays. 

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So would you rather be 4-7 with 2 "signature wins", or 8-3 without?

J E T S jets jets jets could well win 3-4 more games  this season.  They have the Bengals and Dolphins on tap.

The Good News for them, is that they seem to have a QB who can win a game on his arm when the rush game is AWOL or partially shut down.

Can anyone who watched the Oakland game tell me about how the Jets shut them down?

The Bills are better disciplined and tougher than the Cowboys in a way that works. The Bills are silent and methodical. I am very impressed with this Bills team. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

FB_IMG_1574729873059.jpg

Interesting tasting notes on that one: “It’s a hi-octane 8.0% triple IPA with biker meth, scotch, and some ludes to round it out. Great mouthfeel, but just on one side, on account of the stroke.”

• Haha (+1) 5

59 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

The Problem with the Cowboys is that they represent a team only. The Bills are a team and they have proven it with resilience and being selfless.

So will the Bills be victimized by Refs make up calls?  You know the refs will be on high alert after the national boning Dallas received yesterday.  I feel like they will make a couple horrendous calls on Buffalo to wipe out big plays.  And i am OK with penalties called that are legit. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just a couple of thoughts...

On D--

I doubt there are many people that know the intricacies of the Cowboys O playbook and the tendencies of the Cowboys playmakers (Dak, Elliott, etc) like Cole Beasley....this might be an interesting asset for the Bills D on a short week.

I think Kevin Johnson gets more snaps this week than Levi because of Gallup's physical nature....

I think Taron Johnson is molding into a really good slot corner -- Randall Cobb will be a test

On O--

A time of possession difference like the Bronco's game would be awesome...almost 10 minutes

The middle will be there because the Cowboys will focus Jaylon Smith and Sean Lee (if no Leighton Vander Esch) on the run and watching Josh-- if Dawson Knox, Tyler Kroft and Cole Beasley find space they could all have big days....

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Jets now have 2 signature wins this year...Cowboys and Raiders- both, playoff contenders....

I would say that the Bills win against Tennessee on the road was "close" to a signature win. We got some breaks and did face Mariotta, but that's a good football team. 

That was probably the key victory if you look at the Bills season in totality right now.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

So will the Bills be victimized by Refs make up calls?  You know the refs will be on high alert after the national boning Dallas received yesterday.  I feel like they will make a couple horrendous calls on Buffalo to wipe out big plays.  And i am OK with penalties called that are legit. 

That was a week ago. I don't know about you, but life is short. McDermott has this team coached to live in the here and now. The Bills are like that quiet guy...don't f...with him.

5 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I would say that the Bills win against Tennessee on the road was "close" to a signature win. We got some breaks and did face Mariotta, but that's a good football team. 

That was probably the key victory if you look at the Bills season in totality right now.

One important thing that we have to remember about this Bills squad, is that they cannot afford to give a *****, and they show it. I mean, they epitomize the classic nameless and over achieving unit that we have tirelessly seen before. In this case though, I strongly sense a very personal and determined unit unconcerned with accolades. These are tough guys united and these mofo's watch each others back and want to win.

• Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Is that real??? Just had some Resurgence tonight.  Those cans are awesome if real.

37 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Interesting tasting notes on that one: “It’s a hi-octane 8.0% triple IPA with biker meth, scotch, and some ludes to round it out. Great mouthfeel, but just on one side, on account of the stroke.”

This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, just marvelous

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rocket94 said:

I don"t buy it Joe. I love this Bills team because they simply just go about their business. I doubt that they care less about the Cowboys. The Cowboys are another inflated team that has not faced a team like  the Bills. The Bills are tight and play team football....I look for a lot of confusion and frustration from the Cowboys. Bills win. 

The Bills are better disciplined and tougher than the Cowboys in a way that works. The Bills are silent and methodical. I am very impressed with this Bills team. 

I will be impressed if they can win one of the next 4 games...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I will be impressed if they can win one of the next 4 games...

Hi JA. They will win more than one game. Too damn stubborn. The Bills remind me of one those faceless teams that have a face. They are going to win 11-12 games, and we will say how? I haven't seen an anything like it in awhile. The 88-89 team was predictable...this team remains an enigma.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rocket94 said:

You are right in that the Bills are better disciplined but the Bills do lack some critical areas of talent whereas the Cowboys don't have the same massive talent deficiencies (although their roster does have some smaller issues.) I have my concerns about this team's ability to hang with better more talented teams. The lack of a dynamic receiver opposite Brown will be an issue against better defenses. The lack of a prime time pass rusher will be a a massive issue against elite offenses and I still don't trust the run defense. I also am not super trusting of Bojo and Haush either on special teams. 

I think by the time the Bills get through this 4 game stretch we will know a lot about this team and just where they stand as an NFL team and how much they have to improve to  compete on a serious level. 

• Like (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The Pats* get a break, we get screwed. SOP. If UNC cheats in college hoops, Cleveland State can expect penalties. Someone has to pay! 

6 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Hi JA. They will win more than one game. Too damn stubborn. The Bills remind me of one those faceless teams that have a face. They are going to win 11-12 games, and we will say how? I haven't seen an anything like it in awhile. The 88-89 team was predictable...this team remains an enigma.

I believe you are correct that team remains an enigma...I just wish I had your optimism...

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

The Pats* get a break, we get screwed. SOP. If UNC cheats in college hoops, Cleveland State can expect penalties. Someone has to pay! 

Dallas will pretty much be able to Trip and leg whip the Bills d-linemen with impunity.  No way the refs will be flagging them again this week.  

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

I believe you are correct that team remains an enigma...I just wish I had your optimism...

Hey JA.

I don"t have a clue how the Bills are 8-3 at this point. I do not want to be a a McDermott apologists, but he has a lot to do with this. This Bills team as a whole, has got to know that  at certain times that they are over matched...yet they win. Tell you what, this team is close and they are playing for their lives.

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

I saw on Get Up this morning how Belichick sent Riveron tape advising him of the "tripping" by Cowboys linemen.  He reminded the officials of this before the game.  So, it was called twice in the game even though it never happened.   Makes me sick.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

My wife and I will be going to Dallas to spend Thanksgiving with my sister and her family.  We have tickets for the game.  Friday will be our family Thanksgiving dinner. 

This will be fun.  I would love to see them win.  They are playing better the past few weeks, yes the competition has not been strong but the progress the Bills have made is undeniable.   

McD must get them ready.  Play fearless and smart.  Don’t let the bright lights distract. A win against Dallas will provide the Bills with credibility and confidence.   I think they can do it.  

Try to find the Pinto Kenny tailgate. They don't bring the car but Kenny is at every game.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

You are right in that the Bills are better disciplined but the Bills do lack some critical areas of talent whereas the Cowboys don't have the same massive talent deficiencies (although their roster does have some smaller issues.) I have my concerns about this team's ability to hang with better more talented teams. The lack of a dynamic receiver opposite Brown will be an issue against better defenses. The lack of a prime time pass rusher will be a a massive issue against elite offenses and I still don't trust the run defense. I also am not super trusting of Bojo and Haush either on special teams. 

I think by the time the Bills get through this 4 game stretch we will know a lot about this team and just where they stand as an NFL team and how much they have to improve to  compete on a serious level. ..

Quite often, the Bills are over matched, but they have found themselves forced to really look at themselves and play a team game. I would take a band of resolute, determined. disciplined and tough players any day...my uncles always told me to be careful of the quiet guy.

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

You are right in that the Bills are better disciplined

I've seen a handful of these comments, that the Bills are somehow better disciplined than the Cowboys. Some quick and possibly reliable (?) internet research reveals this claim to be only partially true. https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html

Buffalo has 85 (9th) recorded penalties for 669 yards (15th), while Dallas has 82 (14th) for 773 (5th). 

Buffalo is second-worst for false starts AND Offside, behind only Houston and Oakland, respectively. Boneheaded pre-snap stuff. Just brutal. Offensive holding and roughing the passer (to a lesser extent) are statistically issues as well.

So Dallas has racked up more yards, and have a ton of penalties categorized as "other" (which I don't see an explanation of). But much cleaner offensive execution.

Seems like a push, depending on what those "other" penalties (Dallas is 4th-worst and Buffalo is 4th-best here) are.

19 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This could be a big game for the trajectory of the team going forward. To win the first of this gauntlet and prove that we can do well in big games I think would signal a turning point for the franchise. But we have to be realistic. We might not be there yet.

The Cleveland loss was the turning point. Thats when McDermott told them to play Fearless and it turned the switch on for the players to play aggressive and not tight. Also made the coaches to go uptempo and blitz more.

A couple of interesting tidbits 1) Buffalo's Defense only played 50 snaps on Sunday to Dallas Defense's 70 snaps .. this late in the year and with a short week you would think that may have an impact if we can keep our offense on the field. 2) This is an interesting article from CBS sports that details some of the game mismanagement for the Cowboys against New England. If we can get ahead early .. they could be looking over their shoulders and start making worse decisions.  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/sorting-the-sunday-pile-week-12-cowboys-at-a-crossroads-with-jason-garrett-jerry-jones-situation/

• Like (+1) 5