LOS is soft because of coaching

uticaclub

For the third year in a row, I feel like we lose the battle on the line of scrimmage way too often. Does anyone else think this is a reflection on the coach's demeanor? Clapping Jauron seems very laid back and wanting players to love each other. The last coach was an ####### that ran his mouth too much, but they seemed to never lose physical battles as much. 

7 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

For the third year in a row, I feel like we lose the battle on the line of scrimmage way too often. Does anyone else think this is a reflection on the coach's demeanor? Clapping Jauron seems very laid back and wanting players to love each other. The last coach was an ####### that ran his mouth too much, but they seemed to never lose physical battles as much. 

On offense or defense? If so then Mongo and Ford are out there spreading the "love" around so to speak. If by "love" you mean knocking people around until the whistle blows and then sometimes after. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

If you are speaking of the Defensive line, I think the talent level may be less than what we were told it would be.

Star doesn't seem to be the space eater he was touted to be.

The jury is still out on Oliver (being a rookie & all), but he seems to be too small to hold his own.

I just don't see Murphy being a force either, and he is overpriced for what he produces. We may be smart to extend Shaq Lawson.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

https://www.breakthroughbasketball.com/coaching/clap-for-mistaking.html

Why Successful Teammates Clap For Mistakes

What would make successful teammates CLAP for mistakes?

Aren’t they damaging and destructive?

Well, if repeated without recognition, yes.

But I would argue that how you and your team handle mistakes is the key determining the difference between your organization and your competition.

Sincere and sustained great effort will always result in a few mistakes. A group that is prepared to cope with those mistakes in a positive way will always outperform those who become frustrated from or fearful of the experience of errors.

Let me explain.

Legendary basketball coach John Wooden used to tell his teams that “the team who makes the most mistakes will probably win.”

Like any other experience, mistakes are an opportunity to improve - or to implode.

How you and your teammates handle setbacks or mistakes or adversity is one very significant way to gain an advantage – or suffer a defeat – due to your responses.

The truth is that swimmers don’t drown because they go underwater...

They only drown if they stay there.

So what I have shared with teams over the recent past is a simple and effective response to mistakes or human error that ALWAYS results in better performance.

I ask them to CLAP.

That’s right.

When you or your teammates commit a mistake, the key behavior that will allow you to “bounce beyond” it is an immediate and intentional three claps.

And as you clap three times in succession, teach yourself to remember the following steps to overcoming mistakes mentally and getting back to competing successfully:

Claim it, Learn from it, And Play through it!

Claim it

Start by acknowledging the mistake and admitting responsibility.

Own the behavior, or you will remain a victim who must wait on someone else to change for circumstances to improve! If you point the finger of blame at others, your team will not get any better until they do – but if YOU claim responsibility, you also claim control and power to make things better yourself.

Learn from it

Second, understand what happened so you don’t repeat it.

If you have to lose a point, or a possession, or a sale, don’t lose the lesson the experience offers! Make the necessary adjustments to your training, your behavior, your mental playlist, and your attitude so that you can succeed the next time you are in that situation!

Play through it

Finally, commit to making the next play.

Too often, athletes find themselves letting one bad play affect the next play and become a string of mistakes instead of an isolated event. The next play is the only one you can control – so invest your effort in playing harder rather than pouting!

If we handle mistakes better than our opponents, over time we will be more successful.

To ensure a positive and productive response, work on clapping to yourself and use this method to move beyond adversity.

People who work hard and take risks will invariably make mistakes.

That is not the issue. The issue is whether you will drop your chin, pout, and complain about the past... or focus on the future and make it better because of what you learned!

Everything in life will either make you better or make you bitter...

Our response to mistakes – ours and our teammates’ – is the difference between winning and losing! With three simple claps, you can inspire better behaviors and positive team development.

Instead of looking backward and replaying the mistake over and over in your mind, clap past it and turn it into more productive reminders and encouragements for the next play...

Great teams clap for mistakes.

If your group needs to work together through adversity and improve communication, team building events can act as a fun and impactful catalyst for the changes you desire, and will help you to create a more cohesive culture.

Edited by cd1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Wow, those Rex teams lost plenty of battles at the LOS. This year’s team has been on the wrong end of it up front twice this season, and consequently lost both games. This team seems very tight knit , and that can be attributed to McDs steps to build it that way. There’s nothing soft about their approach to football though. This OL in particular is improved, but not yet complete. Sometimes the guy across from you is just better. 

• Like (+1) 4

25 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Dont you have traffic to play in or something?  

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

If you are speaking of the Defensive line, I think the talent level may be less than what we were told it would be.

Star doesn't seem to be the space eater he was touted to be.

The jury is still out on Oliver (being a rookie & all), but he seems to be too small to hold his own.

I just don't see Murphy being a force either, and he is overpriced for what he produces. We may be smart to extend Shaq Lawson.

If you did some research on this and actually watched the film (as I have) you would see that most of us banging on Star were actually incorrect in our snap judgements.

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I'm starting to think they should require a license to use the internet.

That's funny.  I previously suggested IQ tests to be able to post on forums, well, at least this one.  Too many bobos here

Edited by Dablitzkrieg

27 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Does anyone else think this is a reflection on the coach's demeanor?

No.

Contrary, with some exceptions, the OL has done well in the physicality department.

The DL isn't the most physical in the league but I don't attribute that to coach demeanor... I think the DL is lighter weight than average and geared for speed and technique rather than an in your face slugfest.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

How many linemen this year, are the same from Rex Ryan? Maybe Jerry Hughes? That's it I think. None of these offensive linemen have played together before this year, and I'm sure still have more chemistry to build. Our defensive line has definitely been applying more pressure on the opposing team's QB than Rex ever was able to accomplish.

Edited by wagon127

13 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

If you did some research on this and actually watched the film (as I have) you would see that most of us banging on Star were actually incorrect in our snap judgements.

Fair enough. Let me just say then, as a whole, the defensive line has not performed well as of late (in fact they have been getting run over).

The O-line may still need time to gel. Some of the offensive struggles may be due in part to poor play calling & line schemes at certain times.

Meanwhile back at the ranch.... our hero....

I think it's probably because they are basically built to defend the pass. DL is relatively small and LB are fast, rangy types as opposed to thumpers. So if their techniques aren't spot on you may be able to occasionally overpower them. I don't think clapping has much to do with it.

Edited by vincec
  • Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, cd1 said:

YEAY !!

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

Is this another bye week post? I think we need an OP screener .....

Edited by BuffaninSarasota
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Sports is a weird thing. 5 - 2 with a great chance of making the playoffs and suddenly everyone starts menstruating. If we blow out the Redskins everything will be sunshine and poetry for a week!

LOL.

nah,. blowing out the Redskins wont placate many, now we blow out the Cowboys or Ravens, now we are talking.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

I think it is due to cloud cover over the field at the time a given play is run.

Also may be linked to McDermott's choice of headwear for a given game.

Not sure.

1 hour ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Yeah these professional athletes aren’t playing with enough intensity because their coach isn’t yelling at them enough. They’re like I can take this play off because coach is a nice guy and won’t mind. 

Happened to Rex all the time, so...you are correct.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Sports is a weird thing. 5 - 2 with a great chance of making the playoffs and suddenly everyone starts menstruating. If we blow out the Redskins everything will be sunshine and poetry for a week!

This is a week to week business for most of the NFL teams who are on the brink of the playoffs, except for NE who seems to be cruising along for 20 years with great teams always in the playoffs. Everyone else is working to get there consistently and a good or bad week can make the difference in their season. We show up like we did for Philly a few more times and someone may sneak into the playoffs ahead of us. 

Edited by BillsRdue