Week 8 Bills (-1.5) vs Eagles

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Have the point spreads changed at all? I know some posters here keep up with that stuff. A buddy at work gets these pick'em tickets and on it it gives Philly +3.

ESPN app is back to Bills -2 but I it keeps fluctuating back and forth from 1.5 to 2 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Philly has a losing record and got BLOWN out by two conference rivals the last 2 wks. They now travel to a hostile environment, bang'd up, with a dysfunctional locker room, vs a 5-1 team and an unfamiliar AFC opponent as 1.5 road dogs????  C'mon man!

It's all about what will bring people in to bet, right?

We Bills fans know all about Fitzmagic and the impact of losing Milano. 

The fans and media in the rest of the league aren't clued.  They see a 5-1 team that has been losing close games to bad teams, was losing to Miami at the half, and didn't cover the spread vs. a team less than 2 seasons out from winning the SB.  Bettors think we could be 3-3 and the Iggls have had a tougher schedule.

Just Win, Baby.  Winning cures all.

yea all those individual drills Milano is doing are fulllll speed and impactful. I can't imagine he wont be ready to rock and roll Sunday based on what hes doing, and how he looks doing it today. Maybe I am just overly hopeful. I know we have been SUPER cautious all year with guys injuries but I'd say have him give it a go and if he rehurts himself then sit him until Thanksgiving. 

21 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Last Sunday vs. the Dolphins, TE Gesicki really seemed to be the biggest thorn in our side from their offense. The Bills will really have to have an answer for the Eagles REs, especially in 2 TE sets. 

Yeah, they have two good TEs and Wentz loves the TE. I don't think Frazier saw that coming vs Dolphins. Vs the Eagles, he knows it's coming. 

This is the type of game where Bills teams of yesteryear would just lay down like dogs.

If the other team was desperate for a win when they played the Bills, it’s usually a good remedy for you to go up against Buffalo and walk out of the building with an easy victory over the Bills.

This Bills team is desperate for its first complete game of the season.

What will give?

8 minutes ago, njbuff said:

This is the type of game where Bills teams of yesteryear would just lay down like dogs.

If the other team was desperate for a win when they played the Bills, it’s usually a good remedy for you to go up against Buffalo and walk out of the building with an easy victory over the Bills.

This Bills team is desperate for its first complete game of the season.

What will give?

While I get what you're saying about a complete game, I don't think I have ever experienced a complete game by any team I follow.  In my opinion, what you are talking about is a game where we can feel both the offense and the defense had good games.  That's subjective and each of us will have a different opinion of that.  How do you measure that?  What's the bar for how many penalties, for example?  I don't think none is reasonable.  Does Josh have to have a deep ball reception to have a complete game?  No dropped passes?  Does the offense have to have zero TOs to have a complete game?  Does the defense have to hold the Eagles to __ points to have a complete game?

I'm of the opinion that no matter the game Josh has, there will be the handful of posters here that will feel he game wasn't complete.

To answer your question, I think the Bills will play good enough to win the game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

So many skill players that can take over a game? A healthy respect for your opponent is great but this seems like a big exaggeration, especially if DJax can't play.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-receivers-are-extremely-nonthreatening/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwiHw76BpbPlAhVMjp4KHUjDCvEQ0PADMAZ6BAgFEBU&usg=AOvVaw395yt_9ek_Jicp1MClyIR_

This game makes me hella nervous. The eagles desperately need a win and they will come ready and willing to do anything to get the win. Bills need to play lights out like they haven’t been able to this far. Bills need to keep winning out from now on and beat these lower level losing teams. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

All of this “worrying” about the Iggles being “pissed off” and particularly motivated for this game is hilarious. They are what they are. If they play well, Buffalo will also have to play well, but thinking a team playing its third game in a row on the road will be “extra” hungry for this one is some serious BBFS. You know what? I think the Bills are extra hungry as well because they know they need to keep pace with the Pats***.

If we allow ourselves for a few moments to believe the Bills are actually a good team we don’t “worry” about a game like this. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, eball said:

All of this “worrying” about the Iggles being “pissed off” and particularly motivated for this game is hilarious. They are what they are. If they play well, Buffalo will also have to play well, but thinking a team playing its third game in a row on the road will be “extra” hungry for this one is some serious BBFS. You know what? I think the Bills are extra hungry as well because they know they need to keep pace with the Pats***.

If we allow ourselves for a few moments to believe the Bills are actually a good team we don’t “worry” about a game like this. 

I was just thinking something similar. It seems to come from the perception that the Eagles are a good but underachieving team, but it’s at least as likely IMO that they simply aren’t very good. Even if they are extra desperate for a win, thats just as likely to make them press too hard, make mistakes, and psych themselves out as it is to make them come out gangbusters firing on all cylinders.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

I was just thinking something similar. It seems to come from the perception that the Eagles are a good but underachieving team, but it’s at least as likely IMO that they simply aren’t very good. Even if they are extra desperate for a win, thats just as likely to make them press too hard, make mistakes, and psych themselves out as it is to make them come out gangbusters firing on all cylinders.

I've been saying it all year. The eagles aren't good.

• Like (+1) 1