Week 8 Bills (-1.5) vs Eagles

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

It will be interesting.  Their weaknesses are the two things we keep wanting to see... consistent pressure on the QB and the ability for Josh to hit guys deep. 

We saw relentless pressure on Mariota from our defense, but Fitz seemed to do whatever he wanted Sunday behind a worse OL.

Frazier gives too much respect to veteran QBs and those who have had some success. Id bet he maintains this approach this week vs Wentz, to the detriment of the Bills defense. Wentz should be pressured relentlessly with creative rushes , not necessarily blitzes. A passive approach will backfire a la Fitz. 

1 hour ago, buffaloaggie said:

Speaking of blitz heavy, you know Allen will see plenty of blitzes from Schwartz. Schwartz typically holds a grudge against former teams. As far as our blitzing goes, if we blitz, we need a spy. Fitz made us pay with that last TD, and that was just normal pressure. Wentz will still take off running, despite his injury history. Can't ever let an NFL QB get comfortable. Eagles are lower to middle of the pack in sacks allowed.

schwartz doesnt usually blitz though with his 9 wide D does he? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

schwartz doesnt usually blitz though with his 9 wide D does he? 

I think he's pretty much the bottom of the league every year in blitz percentage.  He wants to beat you with his front 4...sort of like us now.

When you don't have the horses up front, you get picked apart.  That's basically what's happening now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

Outside of NE, this is the hardest game we’ve had to date. I know Philly’s record isn’t the greatest, but they’ve got a ton of talent and are desperate for a win. We need Milano back and have to get back to our pre-bye defense. I almost wish they’d bring in Milano insurance like a Deone Bucannon or Zach Brown. Although, Brown probably isn’t process enough for them. 

I’m glad this is a HOME game , 

If our OL steps up and gives Josh a little time in the pocket I believe this could be Allen’s best passing game of his young career 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think he's pretty much the bottom of the league every year in blitz percentage.  He wants to beat you with his front 4...sort of like us now.

When you don't have the horses up front, you get picked apart.  That's basically what's happening now.

yea thats what I thought...thanks

Key to the game could likely be how the front four of each team does (and the other teams offensive line) 

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Always learn some interesting tidbits from these.  McD's HS was the inexplicably named 'Lasalle College High School' and DB coach Butler went to the same HS.  Looks like Butler is a couple years older - assume they knew each other from HS(?)

Also didn't realize Poyer was drafted by Eagles

• Like (+1) 1

offensively:

- give Allen a clean pocket

- no drive killing penalties, drops or turnovers

defensively:

- create a one dimension offense 
- make the WRs beat us 

I hope to see a lot of man coverage will some aggressive stunts/blitzes. if they can do these things, I feel confident in their chances