Week 8 Bills (-1.5) vs Eagles

YoloinOhio

13 hours ago, r00tabaga said:

So, on an even playing field, a hobbled 3-4 team that just got destroyed is a point & a half favorite over a healthy 5-1 team.

Okayyyyyyy-

Healthy(ish) and being 5-1 do matter, but the talent is still comparable, and they have the advantage at the most important position, plus they've beaten a good team this year, we haven't.

We should still win (thus being the favorite still), but if they can beat the Packers in Green Bay, they can put up a good fight against this Bills team... I mean EVERY team we've faced thus far has put up a good fight, so why wouldn't the Eagles?

We just saw what Miami did against us, how could you not think the Eagles could do the same, if not better? 

5 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Healthy(ish) and being 5-1 do matter, but the talent is still comparable, and they have the advantage at the most important position, plus they've beaten a good team this year, we haven't.

We should still win (thus being the favorite still), but if they can beat the Packers in Green Bay, they can put up a good fight against this Bills team... I mean EVERY team we've faced thus far has put up a good fight, so why wouldn't the Eagles?

We just saw what Miami did against us, how could you not think the Eagles could do the same, if not better? 

If only we had Bortles!

I'm gonna be that negative guy here and say that I HATE this matchup. If you give Wentz time, he's still a very good QB. Pass rush hasn't been great. We also play the cover 2 which leaves middle deep open on occasion and Ertz and Goedert can be lethal.

If the Eagles are able to score as I suspect(hope not) they will, it puts the onus on the offense and Allen to put up more points than they generally need for a W. 

While I'm pessimistic here, it's also a tremendous opportunity for some question marks to be answered. If the D line applies sufficient pressure on Wentz and Allen ups his game, the Bills have a solid chance to get the win.

This game is going to tell ME quite a bit about where we're at. Sky's the limit if the pass rush and Allen come through.

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oops. Didn’t notice.

He was injured but active because the eagles needed a full game day roster.

14 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'm gonna be that negative guy here and say that I HATE this matchup. If you give Wentz time, he's still a very good QB. Pass rush hasn't been great. We also play the cover 2 which leaves middle deep open on occasion and Ertz and Goedert can be lethal.

If the Eagles are able to score as I suspect(hope not) they will, it puts the onus on the offense and Allen to put up more points than they generally need for a W. 

While I'm pessimistic here, it's also a tremendous opportunity for some question marks to be answered. If the D line applies sufficient pressure on Wentz and Allen ups his game, the Bills have a solid chance to get the win.

This game is going to tell ME quite a bit about where we're at. Sky's the limit if the pass rush and Allen come through.

Who's gonna catch the ball? lol

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

He was injured but active because the eagles needed a full game day roster.

Who's gonna catch the ball? lol

I know how you feel about the Iggle's Joe! I'm not concerned with Jeffrey and whoever else they trot out there at receiver. I'm concerned about their TE's.

Just now, LSHMEAB said:

I know how you feel about the Iggle's Joe! I'm not concerned with Jeffrey and whoever else they trot out there at receiver. I'm concerned about their TE's.

Ertz has been ineffective this year. Goedert may be a problem, but don't worry too much.

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Ertz has been ineffective this year. Goedert may be a problem, but don't worry too much.

I always worry.

Even though the Bills are CLEARLY the far superior team to the Eagles, I always worry.

• Like (+1) 3

37 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Ertz is on pace for 80 catches & 900ish yards. He's well off his 2018 pace, but still a really good TE. He does only have 1 TD though.

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

It might not be there amongst some fans, but whatever player puts on the uniforms of either team, this is a blood rivalry for the players suiting up.

I guarantee you no player on any of the AFCE teams considers any other team some type of "rival".

The salary cap and free agency have resulted in too much player movement for rivalries to exist anymore among players.

Rivalries definitely exist among fans, but that's it.

4 hours ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

I think Jackson is playing well, better than I would have thought.  However, i am of the ilk who think that a running QB is simply not the way to go long term. When you look at the 2018 QB draft class it is really hard to determine right now who will still be playing at a high level in 10 years. Darnold should be one of them IMO, not sure about the rest.  

Last year I would have said the only one of them who looked proven was Mayfield.  He seems to have regressed this season and now I'm not sure any of them will pass the test. 

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I guarantee you no player on any of the AFCE teams considers any other team some type of "rival".

The salary cap and free agency have resulted in too much player movement for rivalries to exist anymore among players.

Rivalries definitely exist among fans, but that's it.

Last year I would have said the only one of them who looked proven was Mayfield.  He seems to have regressed this season and now I'm not sure any of them will pass the test. 

Mayfield's biggest problem is his idiot coach.

1 minute ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

Mayfield's biggest problem is his idiot coach.

The situations almost all of them have ended up in are terrible.  Darnold, Mayfield, and poor Rosen, TWICE.

Josh Allen has made out the best of the bunch.

• Like (+1) 1

I feel like I've had a pretty good read on every game so far but I have no clue what to expect in this one. I could see a Bills blowout, an Eagles blowout, and everything in between. The Eagles biggest weakness is the secondary but we don't really have the offense to take advantage of that. I couldn't imagine betting on this game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

Isn't there pressure to lose?  Because I seem to remember that losing to an NFC increases chances of making the playoffs.

It's a lose-win

16 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it’s fair if you look at the talent on both sides - i think it’s really a coin flip type game. My big concern is their DL. 

Fletcher cox has always been a man amongst boys

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Even in a down year Ertz is their main air threat as he has the most targets (59), catches (35), and yards (404).  Teams have been double covering him all year daring Wentz to beat them elsewhere.  Tre White will likely match up with Jeffrey so Wallace will likely see a lot of action his way.  Hopefully Jackson will miss another game and Wentz will have to rely on Agholor.