Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

And again, your comparison too Gordon, a guy with incredibly well documented substance abuse problems, is a silly stretch with Brown.  Yet you keep stretching it on each new post.  AB is not acting like a drug addict.  In your profession, you would typically be far more well versed in what that would entail.

At least one person here has claimed AB acts as though he does a lot of cocaine "don't ask me how I know"

I dunno about that, but I do know that substance abuse does take different guises.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Did you think that TO was headed to the HOF before he got to the Bills?  No of course not.

If you think AB will never play football again, than he is unlikely to get in.  If he plays a few more years for a few more teams, he might.  

And again, your comparison too Gordon, a guy with incredibly well documented substance abuse problems, is a silly stretch with Brown.  Yet you keep stretching it on each new post.  AB is not acting like a drug addict.  In your profession, you would typically be far more well versed in what that would entail.

Uh, yeah I did think that TO was headed to the HOF before the Bills signed him.  You think his time in Buffalo is what vaulted him to HOF status?  LOL!

Brown's time in the NFL is looking shorter and shorter.  There is something seriously wrong with him.  I wouldn't bet a plug nickel on him making the HOF.

And again, mental illness, which drug addiction is, is not easy to control.  Hence the comparison is wholly appropriate.  At the least he has mental health issues.  It would surprise no one to learn he also is a drug addict.

BTW, any comment on Breer's tweet?

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I’d be shocked if the Pats sign AB.  BB is not that stupid.  

I could see the Jets as a more likely suitor. His mindset would fit right in with their delusional fan base. 

AB is the only player in the league to whom Vontaze Burfict could look at and say, ” Dude, you got problems!”

• Haha (+1) 3

I’m curious to know how many teams are sitting out there right now even considering bringing AB in. I’m sure there are some, but the majority of the league has to have written this guy off after this fiasco.

Edited by JoPar_v2

1 hour ago, teef said:

Homesexual?

I also have to come out of the walk-in closet... I am sexually attracted to homes. When I see that 3-car garage, the fish-scale shake shingles, and those 2 big beautiful bay windows, I just quaver silently with the anticipation of being invited to come inside...

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Uh, yeah I did think that TO was headed to the HOF before the Bills signed him.  You think his time in Buffalo is what vaulted him to HOF status?  LOL!

Brown's time in the NFL is looking shorter and shorter.  There is something seriously wrong with him.  I wouldn't bet a plug nickel on him making the HOF.

And again, mental illness, which drug addiction is, is not easy to control.  Hence the comparison is wholly appropriate.  At the least he has mental health issues.  It would surprise no one to learn he also is a drug addict.

BTW, any comment on Breer's tweet?

Certain forms of cancer, like drug addiction, are not easy to control.  Maybe he has a glioblastoma?

I’m not predicting it to happen but honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if Drew himself bounced on Brown as if to say Browns antics are even too much for him to deal with. 

Normally I wouldn’t see that happening but I wonder if even Drew himself is fed up with Brown. 

It actually holds some water water if you think about Drew going out on a limb for his client so many times to constantly be blindsided at every turn by Browns actions. 

Like i said, I’m not predicting it to happen but I could see it. 

And honestly, I hope it does happen and Brown is blackballed by everyone and never plays another down of football again. And I don’t feel bad for saying it because he brought it all in himself. 

45 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Not sure about this.  Pretty much every other team is going to be turned off to AB, who has a negative track record with the Steelers AND the Raiders in less than a year's time span.

43 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Pretty sure those voidable guarantee clauses are standard. 

30 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

I thought he would pull antics by week 5 or 6 when they have been losing and he isnt getting the ball. I think you give AB too much credit. He knew the Raiders sucked when he agreed to a contract extension. I hope no teams sign him but there will be a couple teams willing to take a chance.

Time will tell. The NFL does some strange things. Last year KC kicked Hunt out and he's not on the Browns all while Hill beats his kid and he got a new contract. Clearly KC doesn't mind a good kid beating but keep your hands off your wife. Point is NFL teams only care about the bottom line and winning. 

I really don't think AB is off his rocker, I think this was a damn good plan going into all of this. The Steelers were not going to release him so he forced a trade and that contract was stupid, I get the voidable on guarantee but seriously they were easy to meet and yet he gave the Raiders a way to void them and in turn let him walk with out paying a penny. Then you add in the antics with the helmet, there is no way that dude is that far off his rocker.

He will be on another team and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in NE and has a great year and wins a SB. He wants to be on a team that will get him the ball as much as possible and NE fits that bill.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Does it count if he's high on himself?

This ^ We live in a society that thinks too much. Elite football players are coddled and given special treatment from the time they are kids. Occasionally a guy like AB takes the narcissism that develops from that lifestyle too far. We live in a society that whenever someone makes poor choices we blame mental illness, addiction, etc. You don’t need any of those things to be self destructive. AB might have no problem other than an out of control ego. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Certain forms of cancer, like drug addiction, are not easy to control.  Maybe he has a glioblastoma?

Good one.  But if his behavioral changes are from a glioblastoma, he's got bigger issues to worry about than football.

1 hour ago, VADC Bills said:

That's because Mayock is a large part of the problem with his rookie John Wayne style of GM.

His comments should be behind closed doors instead of in the media. His all in or out comments were totally inappropriate on camera.

Gruden and Mayock together??? Was Kalil Mack a problem? Was Amari Cooper a problem? 

This AB situation is an attempt to CYA for a dumb a$$ Amari Cooper deal.

They deserve what they get!

I think Mayock had enough and played AB like a fiddle, using the public forum is brilliant, it eliminates the question of wrongly terminating his contract.

2 minutes ago, Yav said:

Time will tell. The NFL does some strange things. Last year KC kicked Hunt out and he's not on the Browns all while Hill beats his kid and he got a new contract. Clearly KC doesn't mind a good kid beating but keep your hands off your wife. Point is NFL teams only care about the bottom line and winning. 

I really don't think AB is off his rocker, I think this was a damn good plan going into all of this. The Steelers were not going to release him so he forced a trade and that contract was stupid, I get the voidable on guarantee but seriously they were easy to meet and yet he gave the Raiders a way to void them and in turn let him walk with out paying a penny. Then you add in the antics with the helmet, there is no way that dude is that far off his rocker.

He will be on another team and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in NE and has a great year and wins a SB. He wants to be on a team that will get him the ball as much as possible and NE fits that bill.

You’re giving him way too much credit. By acting this way, he’s cut down the number of teams willing to sign him tremendously. So he can’t just “go wherever he wants” now. And he just urinated away $30 million on top of that. 

There was no master plan, he’s just a headcase.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Doc said:

Good one.  But if his behavioral changes are from a glioblastoma, he's got bigger issues to worry about than football.

How do you know that AB is exhibiting behavioral changes? Only those in the Steelers locker room know if this is something new for him. Sometimes things are hidden from the public. Remember when he filmed a video in the Steelers locker room? That isn’t much different than the twitter video from

yesterday. I think this is just AB being AB. 

4 minutes ago, Yav said:

Yeah, no, there was no "plan."  The dude is mentally ill.  He demanded a new contract with huge money from any team stupid enough to trade for him and still couldn't behave himself enough to ensure he got his guaranteed money.  If his plan was to be traded anywhere, he could have taken far less money. 

Just now, SirAndrew said:

How do you know that AB is exhibiting behavioral changes? Only those in the Steelers locker room know if this is something new for him. Sometimes things are hidden from the public. Remember when he filmed a video in the Steelers locker room? That isn’t much different than the twitter video from

yesterday. I think this is just AB being AB. 

Could be.  He might have been mentally ill all along.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Foot fungus is not easy to control.  Same for recurrent a fib with RVR.

Could be anything now that you mention it. 

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, no, there was no "plan."  The dude is mentally ill.  He demanded a new contract with huge money from any team stupid enough to trade for him and still couldn't behave himself enough to ensure he got his guaranteed money.  If his plan was to be traded anywhere, he could have taken far less money. 

Could be.  He might have been mentally ill all along.

So everyone who makes poor decisions is mentally ill? Consider me confused how you can determine this about AB. 

48 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

@K-9

I don't often say "I told you so," but...

I can’t give you too much credit here. I mean conditions on the ground dramatically changed overnight. They did a complete 180 going from accepting his apology and declaring he was gonna play Monday to having had enough and cutting him. 

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Foot fungus is not easy to control.  Same for recurrent a fib with RVR.

Could be anything now that you mention it. 

I'll add that to the differential diagnosis list.  Way at the bottom, of course.

3 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

You’re giving him way too much credit. By acting this way, he’s cut down the number of teams willing to sign him tremendously. So he can’t just “go wherever he wants” now. And he just urinated away $30 million on top of that. 

There was no master plan, he’s just a headcase.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Again time will tell.

Sure he got a big contract that came with a way out and his agent isn't stupid.

What teams are going to pass on him? Teams that don't have a strong locker room and winning culture. Kid yourself not, NE could bring him on and he would be a model citizen and would cause no issues. Brady would have his ass in check from the start and he'd be winning games and in the playoffs and probably a Super Bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Yav said:

You guys are looking at this all wrong. This was the plan. He signed a deal that the team could void all the guarantees? Who agrees to that? 
he got there, saw how bad the team is and talked it over with his agent and they did everything they could so he could hit the open market. 
He can now pick where he wants to play. Have to give him credit, it was brilliant. Wrong but brilliant.

I suppose it's theoretically possible, but then, a lot of things are theoretically possible.

We can't rule out that getting to Oak training camp and seeing the guys he'd be with influenced his feelings and behavior, but I don't think that kind of stone-cold calculation is anywhere near wherever it is AB's head is at.  And if his agent was part of it and that came to light, he would never work as an agent again.

I think all signs point to AB spent 9 years in the Steelers locker room with a "Little people, Pay your Tax" mentality with regard to team rules - they didn't apply to him.  The Steelers covered it up until he went too far.  Then they shipped him out for a pittance, which is all they could get once it became known he wanted a renegotiated fat contract with a lot of guarantees.

I think it's very clear between the lines of how "postal" AB went at being fined league-standard fines for clearly listed infractions, and then being fined again for "conduct detrimental to the team".  "Consequences for Uber-Talented Moi?  The Nerve!  How DARE they!  Lackey!  oh Lackey!  Yes you, Rosenhaus!  Bring me to a team which properly appreciates my wonderful greatness and will not subject me to these indignities!" is my read on AB's reactions.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

BEST THING YET......ZERO money paid and Drew Outhouse's percentage of NOTHING is NOTHING......LMAO........skank............

Actually I don't think he gets the ENTIRE nothing …. he only gets like 3 or 4% of the nothing … just sayin'

3 minutes ago, Yav said:

Again time will tell.

What teams are going to pass on him? Teams that don't have a strong locker room and winning culture. Kid yourself not, NE could bring him on and he would be a model citizen and would cause no issues. Brady would have his ass in check from the start and he'd be winning games and in the playoffs and probably a Super Bowl. 

I think he's going to be a problem wherever he goes. It's part of his "being true to himself" kick. Winning covers a lot though, if he goes to NE, he may shut up and play for a ring.

The fact that some of you are blaming OAK and not AB for this situation says more about you guys than the situation. AB will still be crazy wherever he goes.

Edited by ndirish1978

4 minutes ago, Yav said:

Again time will tell.

Yeah I'm sure Rosenhaus' plan  was to forfeit $900K (at least, from the guarantees) so that AB could play for whoever he wanted. 

The most rational conclusion is AB is mentally unstable.

Edited by Doc

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

How do you release the best WR in the league? It makes no sense! Have you seen his stats?  :lol:

Makes a lot of sense.  Have you seen his press?  There's likely a lot more that hasn't even been publicized.  Divorce happens.

Edited by Formerly Allan in MD

17 minutes ago, Yav said:

IF he goes to NE* there is definitely the chance of winning the SB, as much as I hate to admit.  But AB will be disappointed, and probably throw a hissy fit, that he doesn't get the ball as much as he wants.  Brady spreads it out.  I'd assume Edelman gets more receptions than AB since Brady is very comfortable with him.  AB would be a year by year or short term rental.  No way will the Pats commit a long term, big money contract to him.  I actually doubt AB winds up with the Pats; don't think they want that distraction/headache.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Makes a lot of sense.  Have you seen his press?  There's likely a lot more that hasn't even been publicized. 

This also shows that Pittsburgh is a solid organization that was able to keep things under control a bit longer.  This is all on AB, but the Gruden/Mayock Raiders are a mess. 

3 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Dallas just paid Zeke and has Cooper and Prescott left to sign.  I don't think Dallas has the cap space

The thought of AB signing with New England makes me nauseous.

AB seems like the kind of guy that holds a grudge, so Baltimore or KC (Steelers or Raiders rival) seem plausible.

Can't see NE signing him. They sign guys who've been humbled for a year or two, guys who are cheap (maybe Brown will be this time) and guys willing to subvert themselves to the system, often because they've been out in the cold for long enough to make them desperate for a way back in. Brown shows no signs whatsoever of being willing to subvert himself to Belichick's system. 1000 to 1 shot right now, IMO.

I can see him getting a contract, but can't see any team giving him significant guarantees, and he asked out of Oakland when his guarantees disappeared. I wonder if he's going to take the year off. Purely a guess, but I think that's what will happen.

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

I like how AB can throw a racist slur at Mayock and nothing is made of it.  If Mayock had done the same to AB, it would be headline news, Mayock would be fired, and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would be in an uproar.

It’s simple: due to the history of this country, people will always be more sympathetic/willing to look the other way if a black man calls a white man a “cracker.” When a white man calls a black man a “n!gger,” there’s weighted history there. A dark period in this nation’s past. A slur is a slur and neither one is right, but since the white man has never been oppressed like their colored counterparts, the derogatory slurs will never receive the equal reaction you’re looking for.

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I agree Shaw. He may or not be a good coach, but he has no business running a team. I'm sure I'm forgetting things but a small list since he returned to the Raiders:

1.) Traded arguably the most dynamic defensive player in the league to get them picks & clear up cap space to rebuild the roster.  -This is the dumbest move he made since returning...you start the rebuild with Mack as your centerpiece.

2.) Trading Cooper to Dallas for what was going to be a late 1st round pick. - Again keep a few of your good players to help the rebuild. It's not Cooper's fault he plays for the Raiders. With the Raiders 6 games, 22 rec. 280 yards 1 TD. With Dallas 10 games, 53 rec. 725 yards 6 TDs. Average per game with the Raiders - 3.6/46.6/.16, with Dallas - 5.3/72.5/.66

3.) Signing Nathan Peterman - I mean I'm sure he's a good guy and all, but everyone knows who Peterman the QB is. He'll impress the hell out of you in camp & pre-season, but once it's real...he's a CB's best friend. 

4.) Traded for Antonio Brown and redoing his contract to give him more money - I thought he didn't have money to spend on a big contract? Just a year later he signs AB in what would become the biggest tire fire I've ever seen in the NFL and they haven't even got to game 1 yet.? 

5.) Drafting Clelin Ferrell with the 4th pick in the draft. - Good player, but not at 4th overall. They could've had Josh Allen, who most people say is the best passer rusher in the draft. The man is a beast. They then could've used their 24th pick and an additional pick to move up into the teens and still got Ferrell.

6.) Caving over and over again to AB, even to the point that with all he did he wasn't released until AB asked for it. - Gruden comes across as spineless, even taking AB's side over Mayock's. It was rumored he was already close to losing the locker room last year after the Mack trade, this will probably add more fuel for the fire with some players.

Gruden has shown over and over again why he shouldn't run a team. He had a decent/good core to build around with Mack, Cooper & Carr. Blew it up and probably kept the worst of the three. They're so much further away from just being respectable than they were when he arrived. As I said yesterday Gruden couldn't win a coin flip if you gave him a hundred tries. 

In fairness, you have to see what happens with Ferrell, we all think we know where guys will be drafted and are always wrong.  If he turns into a stud, it was a great pick, if not, he looks pretty dumb.