Week One: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I think we're all chastising you with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

I'm not!!!     

:)

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Thank you for proving my point, Shady!  ?

THEY said "no injuries".

You are confused.

THEY said "no injuries" and 3 players got injured.    Karma!!!   

I hate it every time someone says that.   

Buffalo Bills Football is the ONLY thing I am superstitious about 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Despite what that fan claims, it actually looks like Gregg Williams is misusing his players by forcing them into the 4-3 base. 

It does showcase how great Jamal Adams is, though.

The play and hit by Adams around the 9:15 mark really exemplifies Greggg’s defense.  Big hits and big plays but some telling issues.  One is that Greggg prioritizes big hits over tackling.  He thinks that the risk of missed tackles is worth the increased odds of turnovers.  Despite everything I’ve seen that shows that’s a losing strategy, he persists.  Also the narrator is talking up the defenses big plays - and they definitely get some of those - but the score is 10-0 Saints.  That is indicative of the problem his defenses have of giving up big plays.

Greggg’s defense amplifies whatever offense he’s going against. If it’s a poor, undisciplined offense then his D will destroy it.  If it’s a disciplined and efficient offense, then his defense will get gashed all day.  

43 minutes ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

Right around the 2:30 mark of that video, Brees completes a pass downfield for 15-20 yards. The guy says, “It burns them here... still a nice job by Gregg Williams though.”

This cracked me up as I was watching (and before I saw your comment).  I was like...what?  "Great scheme by Williams here as the Jets hold the Saints to a 20-yard gain and a first down.  It could have been much worse."

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Oh I know, TB27, and nothing will happen.

Heaven forbid (please, Heaven as I truly am a God fearing man) if anything should happen the tongue will be replaced by my lips kissing *** around here begging for forgiveness!

Gentlemen...THIS is it.  I will live with 10-6, but brothers and sisters I feel 11-5 in my bones!

GO BILLS!!!

I think we take out the Pats in week 4. They will still be missing players. That win will get us to 4-0 and eventually 11-5.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Who's going to the game?  I am not going to the game but am meeting some friends on Saturday and plan to do some brewery hopping in Brooklyn, it'll probably include Other Half, Grimm and Interboro to name a few

I thought about it, but ultimately decided against it. I live in Brooklyn, and there are two breweries right near each other by me. Bridge and Tunnel and Queens breweries. (Queens brewery is on queens/Brooklyn border) if you wanted to hit two in close proximity. 

As for the game game I’ll probably end up watching it with friends at the Turkey’s Nest in Williamsburg. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, The Poojer said:

Who's going to the game?  I am not going to the game but am meeting some friends on Saturday and plan to do some brewery hopping in Brooklyn, it'll probably include Other Half, Grimm and Interboro to name a few

I was going until my buddy flaked out on me. Sold the tickets and staying in NH. It's on Boston TV anyway.

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Poorly written article, IMO. Writer references Bills being 2-4 against the Jets since McDermott took over the Bills “3 years ago”. But, this is McDermott’s 3rd year. He hasn’t coached against the Jets in 6 games. Also, Bells statistical outburst against Rex’s atrocious defense in 2016 is completely irrelevant. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Every time I hear about players motivational quotes....I think of Kizer's.

"No one else can do what I can do. And I’ve truly figured out in this (draft) process, if I can maximize all my potential in every aspect of the game – this is bold – I do have the ability to be the greatest quarterback to ever play. Imagine taking (Tom) Brady’s intellect and Brady’s preparation and putting it on a guy with Cam Newton’s body. Why can’t I be the greatest? The only thing stopping me from it is me. That’s what’s driving me now."

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Poorly written article, IMO. Writer references Bills being 2-4 against the Jets since McDermott took over the Bills “3 years ago”. But, this is McDermott’s 3rd year. He hasn’t coached against the Jets in 6 games. Also, Bells statistical outburst against Rex’s atrocious defense in 2016 is completely irrelevant. 

Yep, he’s 2-2 vs Jets (3-1 vs Gase). The 2016 game vs Steelers featured exactly one defensive player (Shaq) on the current team, and zero coaches. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yep, he’s 2-2 vs Jets (3-1 vs Gase). The 2016 game vs Steelers featured exactly one defensive player (Shaq) on the current team, and zero coaches. 

Not to nitpick but Zo was also on that team vs the Steelers, I only remember that because I was at that game unfortunately 

1 hour ago, Chemical said:

I thought about it, but ultimately decided against it. I live in Brooklyn, and there are two breweries right near each other by me. Bridge and Tunnel and Queens breweries. (Queens brewery is on queens/Brooklyn border) if you wanted to hit two in close proximity. 

As for the game game I’ll probably end up watching it with friends at the Turkey’s Nest in Williamsburg. 

Fyi, I'm in Park Slope. 

56 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Leveon goes 14 carries for 38 yards against Bills, and no TDs.

I'm envisioning a stat line like this. This was a 4 win team with new coaches and front office , they have a weak OL and secondary. This is Bells first action of the year , he previously ran behind the best OL in the AFC and a lethal passing attack. Just don't see him having a big impact, at least early on , against an elite Bills defense.

I think Buffalos defense is the x factor and they come out swinging and executing at an extremely high level. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, MikeSpeed said:

My bad. You are correct. The Steelers are in NE. I should have known better. The Patsy's always play their toughest opponents at home.

Plus, SB winners generally get home games to start the year.  The Pats knew they were playing the Steelers at home in 2019 since 2002.

2 hours ago, Big C said:

He doesn't count as part of the 53 right now. They are letting the investigation play out before making the cut, most likely.

Dodson could be cut and then signed to the last remaining spot on the PS.  Maybe that's why the Bills are holding that spot.

15 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Dodson could be cut and then signed to the last remaining spot on the PS.  Maybe that's why the Bills are holding that spot.

Allegations against him are pretty nasty.  Drunken rage.  Broke bathroom door down to reach, then assault, hiding girlfriend.  Arrested next night at a nightclub.  He was 20 years old when it happened.

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Allegations against him are pretty nasty.  Drunken rage.  Broke bathroom door down to reach, then assault, hiding girlfriend.  Arrested next night at a nightclub.  He was 20 years old when it happened.

pfft!  everyone does that when they're 20...

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think the team is trying to avoid a grievance being filed against him if they release him and the chargers turn out to be false.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

I think the team is trying to avoid a grievance being filed against him if they release him and the chargers turn out to be false.

That is pretty much what I figured.  Certainly makes sense.

I've just spent 20 minutes reading the Jets gang green forum. It's actually quite funny. I'd say 99% of them are wildly overconfident. Picking your team to win is one thing but some of the comments verge on arrogance. You'd think they were the Patriots. They're talking about Bell having 200 all purpose yards and Darnold having a career day. This is weird especially in week 1 when you have no real evidence of anything yet. Go have a read, it's great.

I actually think the teams are very evenly matched after all the changes they've made. I feel good about the Bills this season but am far from over confident. Think it'll be a close game decided in the 4th quarter.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I've just spent 20 minutes reading the Jets gang green forum. It's actually quite funny. I'd say 99% of them are wildly overconfident. Picking your team to win is one thing but some of the comments verge on arrogance. You'd think they were the Patriots. They're talking about Bell having 200 all purpose yards and Darnold having a career day. This is weird especially in week 1 when you have no real evidence of anything yet. Go have a read, it's great.

I actually think the teams are very evenly matched after all the changes they've made. I feel good about the Bills this season but am far from over confident. Think it'll be a close game decided in the 4th quarter.

Gang Green is a mental ward most of the time.

My long held opinion about football at most levels is that the two most important position groups to be at least competent in are the o-line and d-backfield.  The offense can't bank on anything working with a line that can't function and a defense fails when it can't get off the field enough with blown or poor coverage and missed tackles.  Weakness at those position groups are problems that can't be hidden for an entire game.  I keep hearing the Jets described that way.