Week One: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

Kinda irrelevant but didn't want to start new thread.

Never saw this . It's hilarious ?

The host continuing as if nothing happened ?

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I’m launching as we speak

You guys have legal gambling in NY?!

It's great , I can bet right on my phone through a bunch of different apps. Took Bills moneyline as well. 

I got them BIG at over 6.5 wins for the season a month ago. I believe it's at 7 now, which is still wager big money on

I just hope Ed Oliver is ready. I know L Bell will be. Also, Bills fans seem to have forgotten that Darnold isn't a rookie any more either. I predict a solid game for Q Williams and Jerry Hughes, who will be keen to show that he can still be disruptive.

If I’m not mistaken, the Nyets had the third overall pick in the 2019 NFL draft and they hired the guy the Dolphins just fired as HC. And yet people are acting like we’re playing the 1984 Bears, FFS.  Stop it.  We’re going to crush these losers...

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I have no idea what is going to happen on Sunday.

I believe the Bills have a chance to be a playoff team this year.  I think the Jets are going to be a tough out every week too.  A lot of people on both sides are wearing their homer hats right now.  This game is going to answer a  lot of questions and there are going to be a whole bunch of disappointed people afterwards trying to figure out what went wrong.

I see the Jets as a 4 win team last year that still has glaring holes at OL, edge rushing and secondary. I don't see any glaring holes for Buffalo. New coach/gm .

I just see Buffalo as a much more complete,deeper team. And the cohesiveness and familiarity will matter in week 1. Bills 27 Jets 14

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

If we win Sunday we could be alone in first place. The Patsy's play the Steelers in Pittsburgh, and Miami... well it doesn't matter who they play they're most likely not going to win.

Ravens if anyone cares.

No they don't.  The Dolphins also have the "nobody believes in us" motivation with a QB who can get hot.  I could see them shocking the overrated Ravens.

The Bills/Jets game will be interesting given all the changes both teams made this offseason.  The key will be stopping Bell as I don't think Darnold can throw on us with consistency.  I Bell's success comes when defenses overcommit.  Our D-line needs to be patient and wait to shed their blocks.  LB's shouldn't be overzealous in attacking lanes and just wait for Bell to make the first move.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

The Dolphins also have the "nobody believes in us" motivation with a QB who can get hot.  I could see them shocking the overrated Ravens.

This is my upset pick of the week.  Dolphins are historically very tough at home in the first few games of the year, no matter how bad their team is.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Despite what that fan claims, it actually looks like Gregg Williams is misusing his players by forcing them into the 4-3 base. 

It does showcase how great Jamal Adams is, though.

And the fact Gregg Williams defense have been outdated for years now. He hasn’t coordinated s good defense in over 7 years 

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

No they don't.  The Dolphins also have the "nobody believes in us" motivation with a QB who can get hot.  I could see them shocking the overrated Ravens.

The Bills/Jets game will be interesting given all the changes both teams made this offseason.  The key will be stopping Bell as I don't think Darnold can throw on us with consistency.  I Bell's success comes when defenses overcommit.  Our D-line needs to be patient and wait to shed their blocks.  LB's shouldn't be overzealous in attacking lanes and just wait for Bell to make the first move.

My bad. You are correct. The Steelers are in NE. I should have known better. The Patsy's always play their toughest opponents at home.

Oh ESPN  Matchup Predictor  67.0% to the NYETS. 

Injury Report Bills

NAME STATUS DATE
Tyler Kroft, TE Questionable Sep 2
Comment: Kroft (foot) is running routes and catching passes Monday during individual drills, Joe Buscaglia of The Athletic reports.
Jason Croom, TE Injury Reserve Sep 1
Comment: Croom has been placed on injured reserve with a hamstring injury, Chris Brown of the Bills' official site reports.
Senorise Perry, RB Injury Reserve Aug 31
Comment: Updating a previous report, Perry has been placed on injured reserve due to a quad injury, Jay Skurski of The Buffalo News reports.
Tyrel Dodson, LB Suspension Aug 31
Comment: suspension
Vosean Joseph, LB Injury Reserve Aug 31

Comment: The Bills placed Joseph on injured reserve Saturday due to an undisclosed injury, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

Injury Report NYETS

Toa Lobendahn, C

Questionable Sep 2
Comment: Lobendahn (undisclosed) reached an injury settlement with the Jets on Monday, according to the NFL's official transaction report.
Brent Qvale, OT Injury Reserve Sep 2
Comment: ir
Trumaine Johnson, CB Questionable Sep 2
Comment: Coach Adam Gase said Johnson (hamstring) is trending towards playing in Sunday's season's opener against the Bills, Rich Cimini of ESPN.com reports.
Robby Anderson, WR Questionable Sep 2
Comment: Anderson (calf) is trending toward playing Sunday against the Bills, Rich Cimini of ESPN.com reports.
Marko Myers, CB Questionable Sep 1
Comment: questionable
Brandon Bryant, S Injury Reserve Aug 30
Comment: ir
Edited by ShadyBillsFan

8 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I have no idea what is going to happen on Sunday.

I believe the Bills have a chance to be a playoff team this year.  I think the Jets are going to be a tough out every week too.  A lot of people on both sides are wearing their homer hats right now.  This game is going to answer a  lot of questions and there are going to be a whole bunch of disappointed people afterwards trying to figure out what went wrong.

This is where I'm at too. It's a good test for both teams to see what they're about.

However, no matter what transpires, it's a long grind, and it may take half the season before we know what we have...?

11 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

2-4? ?

There were PLENTY of people who thought Peterman, McCarron, and Allen could do what Tyrod did in 2017 and the team would get to 9 again. 

no.  there really weren't.  there will always be some, but that was not the overall feeling at all.  people were very doom and gloom going into last year.  

20 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

and a few still are

:censored:'em I say  

i understand that too.   i love the bills.  i'm optimistic about the bills.  i don't trust the bills...that's where i think people get caught up.  i'm going to have fun with this season.  if they're terrible again, it won't change my life.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, teef said:

i understand that too.   i love the bills.  i'm optimistic about the bills.  i don't trust the bills...that's where i think people get caught up.  i'm going to have fun with this season.  if they're terrible again, it won't change my life.

I get the unknown and "what if they blow it",  but to say 4, 5, and 6 wins max is ridiculous IMHO

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I get the unknown and "what if they blow it",  but to say 4, 5, and 6 wins max is ridiculous IMHO

oh of course.  could it happen?  sure...anything can happen, but that would be the most disastrous outcome.  

15 minutes ago, teef said:

oh of course.  could it happen?  sure...anything can happen, but that would be the most disastrous outcome.  

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Well then.  I guess A Win is needed to improve your spirits   :beer:

I'm sorry, as I am a little confused here.

Wouldn't the most disastrous and heart breaking scenario be if Josh Allen's knee explodes three plays into the season?

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Wouldn't the most disastrous and heart breaking scenario be if Josh Allen's knee explodes three plays into the season?

Why. In the name of all things reasonable. Would. You. Even. Mention. That.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Oh man, time to burn incense, sacrifice a small woodland creature to satisfy the the gods... 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

you put that out into the atmosphere!

My game breakdowns are simple. 

Is the Bills’ Defense better than the Jets’ Offense? Yes. No question. 

Is the Bills’ Offense better than the Jets’ Defense? We know Gregg. His high pressure D requires the secondary to be shut down players. The Jets don’t have that type of a secondary. If the Bills can hit quick timing intermediate routes like they did in preseason game 2 (that is what they worked on against Carolina), the Jets defense will be in for a long day. 

Is the Bills’ ST better than the Jets’ ST? Hau$ch. Roberts. And most importantly, a competent ST coach. Our punter is a ?, their kicker is a ?  I give us the edge. 

Bills win. 

28 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

26 minutes ago, Putin said:

^^^^ How does one even thinks about something like that ??? 

22 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Oh man, time to burn incense, sacrifice a small woodland creature to satisfy the the gods... 

Go Bills!!!

16 minutes ago, teef said:

you put that out into the atmosphere!

16 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Lets leave it at the bold.       

Never EVER say that (what was omitted) again!!!!!! 

15 minutes ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

Again? Ok, but I'm running out of small creatures. 

?

Gentlemen, relax, I am pretty sure that we can all agree that I have no authority with the "powers that be" in the universe.  The football gods  acknowledge that I am a nobody, and they have done so on many occasions previously.

I have also stated the above previously around here and my response is the same...it's like "break a leg" in entertainment.  I don't want it to happen so I do not run from it.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

36 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Well there you go. You said it. Now we're all thinking about it. Do you talk about a no-hitter in the 8th inning?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

6 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

?

Gentlemen, relax, I am pretty sure that we can all agree that I have no authority with the "powers that be" in the universe.  The football gods  acknowledge that I am a nobody, and they have done so on many occasions previously.

I have also stated the above previously around here and my response is the same...it's like "break a leg" in entertainment.  I don't want it to happen so I do not run from it.  

I think we're all chastising you with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

I think we're all chastising you with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Oh I know, TB27, and nothing will happen.

Heaven forbid (please, Heaven as I truly am a God fearing man) if anything should happen the tongue will be replaced by my lips kissing *** around here begging for forgiveness!

Gentlemen...THIS is it.  I will live with 10-6, but brothers and sisters I feel 11-5 in my bones!

GO BILLS!!!

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

?

Just checked my contract. I’ll Be Damned! I DO have the power that ‘be’!

This, being a Bills FAN forum, I get troll power. If we didn’t know you better, we’d never have the opportunity. 

Now go outside, turn around 3X, Spit! and ask the football Gods for forgiveness.

AND DON’T EVER DO THAT AGAIN!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Despite what that fan claims, it actually looks like Gregg Williams is misusing his players by forcing them into the 4-3 base. 

It does showcase how great Jamal Adams is, though.

Right around the 2:30 mark of that video, Brees completes a pass downfield for 15-20 yards. The guy says, “It burns them here... still a nice job by Gregg Williams though.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

?

Karma is a beeotch.    People said    --  No injuries (before) the Lions game thread....  How many starters got hurt?   I'm thinking at least 3.