Week One: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

17 minutes ago, Say When... said:

there is a distinct difference between fresh and game shape; hopefully they confuse the two and Bell blows his wad in the first half.

there's running, blocking, cutting and getting hit; he's done none of that in over 600 days.

I remember Collinsworth talking about this in the TNF opener last year.  He said that by the 3rd quarter of week 1, you're as exhausted as you've ever been.

I cannot imagine for a guy like Bell what it's going to be like.  They're going to have to work in Montgomery quite a bit I'd imagine.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Say When... said:

I have a condo in Key Largo, that's where we spend most of our time as it's cheaper than a hotel, but we'll head to Key West for a day and a half and chill at a hotel.

we don't do it as often as we have in the past, usually was 2 weeks in the early summer and the Sept/Oct timeframe (my opinion is the best time for diving down here)

3 years ago i moved to Florida from Los Angeles and haven't looked back, right now i'm as far south as you can get with the entrance to the keys being a mile away from my home.

cool, have been to the keys several times in the past couple years. love it down there. Islamorada is one of my favorite spots...obviously so is Key West, but thats its own beast.

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They are being pretty squirrelly about the OL personnel 

1.  I love it.

2.  If Belichick said the same thing, there would be 40 pages by 2pm about what an ass he is.  McDermott's response was taken directly out of Belichick's "Speaking to the Media for Dummies," book.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So would we expect Trumaine Johnson to line up against John Brown?  Trumaine from what I heard has lost speed and gives a big cushion because he's afraid of getting beat over the top.  This is what I would expect to be our mismatch on the outside.

I’d definitely test Johnson’s tender hamstring early. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

1.  I love it.

2.  If Belichick said the same thing, there would be 40 pages by 2pm about what an ass he is.  McDermott's response was taken directly out of Belichick's "Speaking to the Media for Dummies," book.

...and there would be 80 pages telling us the Pats are so great Belichick earned that right. Freakin' Jerry, has to make it all about him. He was crying about coach-speak on his show today. No doubt tomorrow will be three hours of crying, plus asking his guests if they hate McDermott too.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Actual quote from a Jets fan: "I keep reading how we have the best offensive mind in the league at HC, the best DC in the league and the most respected GM in the league. Nine wins should be the absolute basement."

Jets fan's:

Gase > McVay

Greggggggg > Belicheck 

Joe Dougas > Howie Roseman

• Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Jets fan's:

Gase > McVay

Greggggggg > Belicheck 

Joe Dougas > Howie Roseman

only one i give props to out of that bunch is Joe - that was a good move on the Jets' part to grab him.

Gase and Greggggggg are in a competition for the most meme worth content

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Actual quote from a Jets fan: "I keep reading how we have the best offensive mind in the league at HC, the best DC in the league and the most respected GM in the league. Nine wins should be the absolute basement."

Keep reading where? Lol -Gase’s offense last year was ranked even lower than the Bills (31) and Gregg’s D was like 31st too. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

WRs 3-6 better get after it Sunday or Duke awaits their roster spot

I really want him on the 53, maybe they were concerned about making it 'too easy' for him.

just like a tiger, don't feed him for a few days; make him manageable and hungry and the memory will help him "stay in his lane".

6 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Surprised Greggo doesnt blow an air horn in their ears while they're doing it

"Make the new guys puke" time should've been over back in training camp.

You're prepping for a real game now, Greggggggggggg.  Perhaps it'd be a good idea not to tire out your team before the most tiring game of the year?  Just a thought...

1 minute ago, Say When... said:

I really want him on the 53, maybe they were concerned about making it 'too easy' for him.

just like a tiger, don't feed him for a few days; make him manageable and hungry and the memory will help him "stay in his lane".

It sounded like he did fine as far as just being a receiver but maybe he needs to learn more about the nuances and rules of the NFL better

23 minutes ago, Say When... said:

They didn’t cut him and risk losing him to someone else because it was “too easy” for him.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

They didn’t cut him and risk losing him to someone else because it was “too easy” for him.

good point - must be something we're not seeing then; forgot about the waiver process before they hit the PS.

he just needs to drop to our WW spot correct?  he's not eligible for all 31 teams unless we're 32nd (which we're not)?

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Say When... said:

good point - must be something we're not seeing then; forgot about the waiver process before they hit the PS.

he just needs to drop to our WW spot correct?  he's not eligible for all 31 teams unless we're 32nd (which we're not)?

He went through waivers unclaimed (all other 31 teams passed)

Edited by YoloinOhio