Tyrod Taylor has 'nothing but love' for Buffalo

wppete

7 minutes ago, Foxx said:

you are aware that that article is referring to sports journalism and their depiction of black athletes, right? nothing whatsoever about coaches, owners is spoken to in there. as such your argument is not based upon the supporting material provided.

now you are trying to conflate two totally different issues into being on the same level here. that does not work, sorry. to do what you are attempting to do, you have to have apples and apples, not apples and oranges, kabisch?

Now who is moving the goal posts?  

I'm not going to convince you of anything, that much is clear.  I suppose that is your right.  But you represent the worst that society has to offer.  And its not because you intentionally ascribe to a racist belief system, its because you refuse to acknowledge the obvious in front of your face. It really is so much more insidious.  

Tyrod was a good football player for the Bills, but had limited passing skills as a QB.  He made very few mistakes, but his unwillingness to throw the ball into tight spaces or risk any kind of mistake limited his production greatly.  The flip side is that he rarely turned the ball over.  He was benched because he was highly unproductive in 3 straight games, not because he is black.  Sadly, however, racism is alive and well and I'm sure that Tyrod and other black QB's have been the victim of it, whether the perpetrator of the racism did it consciously or unconsciously.  A pretty good read on unconscious bias is Blink, by Malcom Gladwell.  The book cites several studies that indicate how racism (and other "isms") grow out of unconscious bias.

I like Taylor and think he's a quality guy and I wish him well.  I am also glad that the Bills moved on from him, as he was not the answer at QB.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Now who is moving the goal posts?  

wha?? let me see if i understand this correctly...

i am moving the goal posts because i pointed out that the argument you have been making is not based upon the reference material you provided to support your argument? oh boy, i can see there is a strong disconnect going here.

22 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I'm not going to convince you of anything, that much is clear.  I suppose that is your right.  But you represent the worst that society has to offer.  And its not because you intentionally ascribe to a racist belief system, its because you refuse to acknowledge the obvious in front of your face. It really is so much more insidious. 

wrong again. words have meaning. i am arguing against the words you are using. if you are not expressing yourself clear enough, that is not my fault nor my problem. you have absolutely no idea of my position upon racial matters as you have not asked and i have not proffered.  my counter to your argument was that you have no argument. now if you would like to engage me on the topic of racial matters, i suggest you do so outside of this thread and forum as it is not really the place for it. and, i will respond to your engagement on it.

42 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

That you have no clue what your watching. 

EJ blew chunks(not my dog), Tyrod had some decent seasons as a starting QB. 

Dude, you lobbied for Peterman over Tyrod how many times? ?

Yeah I said give the guy a chance. 

I never claimed Nate was some imaginary hero 

35 minutes ago, Foxx said:

wha?? let me see if i understand this correctly...

i am moving the goal posts because i pointed out that the argument you have been making is not based upon the reference material you provided to support your argument? oh boy, i can see there is a strong disconnect going here.

wrong again. words have meaning. i am arguing against the words you are using. if you are not expressing yourself clear enough, that is not my fault nor my problem. you have absolutely no idea of my position upon racial matters as you have not asked and i have not proffered.  my counter to your argument was that you have no argument. now if you would like to engage me on the topic of racial matters, i suggest you do so outside of this thread and forum as it is not really the place for it. and, i will respond to your engagement on it.

The worst part is I bet you think you are actually a pretty smart guy. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

It’s also pretty hard to look at all the Trubisky UNC tapes and not want him as your QB. 

I'd say the same about Watson, especially the tapes where he destroyed Alabama to win the National Championship.

Switch their draft positions, and it makes better sense.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rico said:

If 2017 Tyrod Taylor was QB for the 2004 Bills, the 4-year drought would’ve ended.

Lol.  Mike Williams at left tackle.  Moulds would have had 450yards and 2 TDs.  We ad one of the worst Olines in the league.  Tyrod had one of the best.  Tyrod had Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, Hogan and McCoy.  Dude I dont know what youre smoking but you need to share.  Tyrod was the problem.  You are actually going to try and compare Tyrod Taylor to a border line HOF QB (not quite good enough for that).

8 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Lol.  Mike Williams at left tackle.  Moulds would have had 450yards and 2 TDs.  We ad one of the worst Olines in the league.  Tyrod had one of the best.  Tyrod had Watkins, Woods, Goodwin, Hogan and McCoy.  Dude I dont know what youre smoking but you need to share.  Tyrod was the problem.  You are actually going to try and compare Tyrod Taylor to a border line HOF QB (not quite good enough for that).

Border line HOF QB. :lol::lol::lol: 

I suggest you start watching games instead of just reading stats.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Rico said:

Border line HOF QB. :lol::lol::lol: 

I suggest you start watching games instead of just reading stats.

44611, 251TDs borderline yes.  You really are clueless.  I suggest you watch some older football games.  Bledsoe would pick a defense a part with a good offensive line.  You would know that if you actually watch him play.  You also would know that he won that AFC championship game the first year not Brady.  And a chunk of his career was before the lets pamper the QB period.    Which was the second AFC championship he won.  How many AFC championships has TT played in let alone won.

4 legit ProBowls

24 combacks

31 game winning drives

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

44611, 251TDs borderline yes.  You really are clueless.  I suggest you watch some older football games.  Bledsoe would pick a defense a part with a good offensive line.  You would know that if you actually watch him play.  You also would know that he won that AFC championship game the first year not Brady.  And a chunk of his career was before the lets pamper the QB period.    Which was the second AFC championship he won.  How many AFC championships has TT played in let alone won.

4 legit ProBowls

24 combacks

31 game winning drives

Welcome back Fezmid! :D

54 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so then no mending fences and bringing him back??.............

Fans like you are just so special.  

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

ScottLaw and Tyrod > Romeo and Juliet 

I can still feel the passion. 

Troll much? 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I will always appreciate Tyrod for his part in ending streak. I will appreciate his work ethic and willing to be whatbtje coaches asked of him. He though has definite limits that i am glad Allen does not.

Nailed it, the venom that some former players get is not warranted.

Good guy, professional, made some jaw dropping plays, played with heart (like when he willed a win against Tennessee), helped break the streak.

He was limited but some of the stuff you hear is really over the top.

Edited by RocCityRoller

12 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Nailed it, the venom that some former players get is not warranted.

Good guy, professional, made some jaw dropping plays, played with heart (like when he willed a win against Tennessee), helped break the streak.

He was limited but some of the stuff you hear is really over the top.

You amd me are on the same page- i did not even mention some of the absurd athletic plays he made.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

The (specifically "My") problem is that if he felt this strongly about being treated so unfairly - and all other African-Americans being treated unfairly - then why did he wait until after he was benched to discuss it?  It is painfully transparent.

Linky?

I must say you are quite the expert on racism and the acceptable way black people should raise their concerns about unfair treatment. I encourage you to seek out as many persons of color as you can and give them the benefit of your expertise, I am sure they will thank you for it.

10 hours ago, wppete said:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/01/tyrod-taylor-has-nothing-but-love-for-buffalo-bills/

Tyrod was a class act here in Buffalo. Finally got us to the playoffs and seemed like an all around good guy. We now have our franchise QB in josh Allen. 

Didn't want him as our starting QB, but he was always a good guy. I root for him.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Yup.  Tyrod Taylor, QB for Buffalo, one of the smallest media markets in the NFL, is for sure responsible for keeping racism alive. 

Exactly. If Tyrod had only known his place, and not been so uppity. If he had only done that,  the guys who sat behind us a few years ago would not have been compelled to loudly drop the n-bomb every time Tyrod threw an incompletion. Clearly Tyrod’s fault.

20 hours ago, Gugny said:

It was really awesome when he whipped out the race card after showing the world how horrible of a QB he was.  Of course, it wasn't that he sucked.  It was that he's black and people simply expect more of him because of it.

He's scumbag for keeping racism alive and well.  Not a first-class guy.  Not even coach.  He's a bum and the Bills were better the day he left. 

Just stop

19 hours ago, 87168 said:

but Peterman was/is, since he was retained and TT was released...? haha!

people will use any excuse to justify their own bigotry and cognitive dissonance.

it's amazing how people get more upset about someone calling out racism or bias, than the actual act itself. absolutely breathtaking.

...but then again I wouldn't expect much else from you.

you have to understand whom you're speaking to. do you really think this individual has faced any racism or knows anyone who has? it doesn't resonate.  to most people in this country the term is a fable. as if the civil war, and jim crow era never took place. he says:

"I'm not mad at him" - but repeatedly refers to him as a scumbag. there's malice and hatred there.

it really isn't worth it @Clyde Smith. just another confused and angry elder.

the fact that this topic took the turn it did...is really sad.

Yuuup, MODS, you're not doing your job.

Gungy took this off the rails. Block him, do something. For all the silly thing you shut down on here, to let this go on as it has is irresponsible.

Edited by CSBill

21 hours ago, wppete said:

Tyrod was a class act here in Buffalo. Finally got us to the playoffs and seemed like an all around good guy. We now have our franchise QB in josh Allen. 

I get the excitement of having a young QB with potential, but stating that Allen is the franchise guy we’ve been hoping for is laughable....it’s still way too soon.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 hours ago, wppete said:

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/01/tyrod-taylor-has-nothing-but-love-for-buffalo-bills/

And I don't have any ill will towards Taylor either. He was a good guy, a great teammate, and a hard worker. He showed the same deficiencies on the field every year of his tenure. We would never be more than in the Wild Card hunt with him at QB, unless we had a early 2000's Tampa/Baltimore type of defense. It was the right move to draft a guy high and move on. He knows that. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

Just stop

Gungy took this off the rails. Block him, do something. For all the silly thing you shut down on here, to let this go on as it has is irresponsible.

Wrong.    

Tyrod did when his ego wouldn’t allow to shoulder the blame for being a terrible qb 

Gugny is 1000% correct.    

Race didnt score 3 points.   Race didn’t pass for 60 yards twice in 4 quarter football games. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

He was asked specifically about whether he felt race impacted the way people perceived his performance as a QB while the team was still winning. He was benched weeks later, and some select members of the media applied his previous comments as his reaction to the benching erroneously. Those who disliked him obviously read those statements and ran with them, also erroneously.

Thems the facts, jack.

For some their memory is just gungy.

gunge

(gŭnj) Chiefly British Slang

n.
A thick, sticky, messy substance; goo.
tr. & intr.v. gunged, gung·ing, gung·es
To clog or become clogged with gunge. Often used with up.
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

Just stop

I've said nothing that would warrant action from any monderators.  I shared an unpopular opinion.  Oh, the horror.  I've called no one any names.  I've used no indecent language.  I've insulted no other TBD member.

Looking back at the comments, if I was one to run to mommy and daddy, I would be the one with a leg to stand on.  But that's not my gig.  A few people have actually attempted to discuss this issue like adults.  Many more have resorted to name calling, insulting and degrading.  How mature.  Just because I have a different belief.  And the difference in my belief can't be comprehended/understood by the biggest complainers.

Have a great day and enjoy the Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, H2o said:

And I don't have any ill will towards Taylor either. He was a good guy, a great teammate, and a hard worker. He showed the same deficiencies on the field every year of his tenure. We would never be more than in the Wild Card hunt with him at QB, unless we had a early 2000's Tampa/Baltimore type of defense. It was the right move to draft a guy high and move on. He knows that. 

right. the infamous scouting report on him out of college was dead on accurate and he never grew beyond it. i was a big Taylor fan when we obtained him and wanted him to excel. after the first year i was leery of what he was bringing to the table but still thought he had an outside chance of evolving after a years worth of starters play. some point around the halfway mark of his second year here i realized he was never going to evolve beyond what he was and began wanting us to move on.  outside of the racist card being played, i always thought he said the right things and was a great teammate and representative of the Buffalo Bills. he did break the playoff drought, so i will forever hold him in high regard for that. it has to be taken in context though and there is a difference between playing not to lose and playing to win, of which i think Tyrod played the former. 

On 2/1/2019 at 9:19 AM, wppete said:

Enough with this bs already ( got us to the playoffs) it’s like saying Payton M won the SB for the Denver Broncos , 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I've said nothing that would warrant action from any monderators.  I shared an unpopular opinion.  Oh, the horror.  I've called no one any names.  I've used no indecent language.  I've insulted no other TBD member.

Looking back at the comments, if I was one to run to mommy and daddy, I would be the one with a leg to stand on.  But that's not my gig.  A few people have actually attempted to discuss this issue like adults.  Many more have resorted to name calling, insulting and degrading.  How mature.  Just because I have a different belief.  And the difference in my belief can't be comprehended/understood by the biggest complainers.

Have a great day and enjoy the Super Bowl.

...certainly agree bud...."took it off the rails"?............seriously?......the thread was discussing Taylor's tenure in Bflo and the comment arose about "the card"......Jesus.....BTW TT played the card and NOT you................

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Tyrod was mostly all class, but not all the time, and his pulling of the race card DID leave a bad taste. Especially since I feel the NFL and the media have a positive bias towards Black QBs, not a negative one! Look at how they gush at Lamar Jackson, like they did for RG3, Vick and so many that got the cover of mags and video games...

He couldn't dislodge Flacco yet Jackson just did (with the same HC), couldn't last here and was ousted in Cleveland, without a doubt about who is #1 there. For a running QB, Josh just outdid him in 10 games. And on and on. That being said, he is a real "bridge QB" that could start for about 8-10 of the 32 teams. In any case, he had a real chance in Buffalo, took it and sure made serious $$$$ for his production. I suspect he wasn't the brightest bulb and that's why he couldn't progress in his reads after years of experience and why coaches never connected with him.

6 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Tyrod was mostly all class, but not all the time, and his pulling of the race card DID leave a bad taste. Especially since I feel the NFL and the media have a positive bias towards Black QBs, not a negative one! Look at how they gush at Lamar Jackson, like they did for RG3, Vick and so many that got the cover of mags and video games...

He couldn't dislodge Flacco yet Jackson just did (with the same HC), couldn't last here and was ousted in Cleveland, without a doubt about who is #1 there. For a running QB, Josh just outdid him in 10 games. And on and on. That being said, he is a real "bridge QB" that could start for about 8-10 of the 32 teams. In any case, he had a real chance in Buffalo, took it and sure made serious $$$$ for his production. I suspect he wasn't the brightest bulb and that's why he couldn't progress in his reads after years of experience and why coaches never connected with him.

...fair and equitable assessment...the only part I'm not sure of is if intelligence equates to ability with reads & progressions.....we're talking about processing speed of the brain and considering everything that must happen in <5 seconds......as Steve Young said, "more collegiate QB's fail versus succeed at the NFL level due to the speed and complexity of the game"......it is a pretty remarkable trait to have, but it does not mean that those who do not have it cannot have high intelligence IMO.....