Tyrod Taylor has 'nothing but love' for Buffalo

wppete

50 minutes ago, 87168 said:

but Peterman was/is, since he was retained and TT was released...? haha!

people will use any excuse to justify their own bigotry and cognitive dissonance.

it's amazing how people get more upset about someone calling out racism or bias, than the actual act itself. absolutely breathtaking.

...but then again I wouldn't expect much else from you.

you have to understand whom you're speaking to. do you really think this individual has faced any racism or knows anyone who has? it doesn't resonate.  to most people in this country the term is a fable. as if the civil war, and jim crow era never took place. he says:

"I'm not mad at him" - but repeatedly refers to him as a scumbag. there's malice and hatred there.

it really isn't worth it @Clyde Smith. just another confused and angry elder.

the fact that this topic took the turn it did...is really sad.

Tyrod was traded, not released. Comparing him and Peterman makes no sense. Tyrod was a veteran making decent money and Peterman was a rookie making peanuts. There is no logical way to compare the two.

Are you arguing that Tyrod did not get benched because of poor play? Here and in Cleveland? If so, that is silly. Clearly there are racism issues in the world, and probably in the NFL too. But Tyrod was benched by a white coach and then a black coach. He is just not good enough to be a consistent starter in this league. Great bridge QB, though.

3 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Funny how his race comment made you this upset. Usually that only happens to racist people.  Most people understand what black people in this country endure. 

Like those people who start out a comment with “I not racist but.....”  then continue to say something that’s racist AF

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

Tyrod was traded, not released. Comparing him and Peterman makes no sense. Tyrod was a veteran making decent money and Peterman was a rookie making peanuts. There is no logical way to compare the two.

Are you arguing that Tyrod did not get benched because of poor play? Here and in Cleveland? If so, that is silly. Clearly there are racism issues in the world, and probably in the NFL too. But Tyrod was benched by a white coach and then a black coach. He is just not good enough to be a consistent starter in this league. Great bridge QB, though.

TT  was benched in Cleveland for a QB that was drafted FIRST OVERALL, who should have been named starter in the first place.

TT was benched in Buffalo, for a FIFTH rounder, who's only real skill set seemed to be trick shots performed on YouTube, who proceeded to throw 5 picks in their debut. Then after making the playoffs (that same year), the organization trades him, and names the same QB that showed zero promise of the field of play, as starter, even over JA.

How does the comparison not make sense? they were both QBs on the same team, neither a rookie, with the same offensive talent. Context matters.

I'm not crusading that TT was the answer at QB, but you can't disagree that the FO left everyone scratching their heads. and to call him scumbag because he spoke about a topic that some (most) are offended by because it doesn't affect them....nah. 

Edited by 87168
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Bortles also made it to the AFC Championship game and played well in the playoffs.  Oh, and he played for the Jags.   Bortles was also a 1st round pick....they are ALWAYS given more leeway (see JaMarcus Russel).  

So you don't think there is a wealth of statistical evidence that black athletes and people generally are not judge more harshly than their white counterparts? 

3 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

So you don't think there is a wealth of statistical evidence that black athletes and people generally are not judge more harshly than their white counterparts? 

nope. sadly, for some this will always be the case unless the person drastically widens their scope of view, or circle of friends.

Edited by 87168

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

What he/she thinks really isnt relevant, if there is this statistical evidence post some for all of us. 

Just now, 87168 said:

TT  was benched in Cleveland for a QB that was drafted FIRST OVERALL, who should have been named starter in the first place.

TT was benched in Buffalo, for a FIFTH rounder, who's only real skill set seemed to be trick shots performed on YouTube, who proceeded to throw 5 picks in their debut. Then after making the playoffs (that same year), the organization trades him, and names the same QB that showed zero promise of the field of play, as starter, even over JA.

Context matters.

I'm not crusading that TT was the answer at QB, but you can't disagree that the FO left everyone scratching their heads. and to call him scumbag because he spoke about a topic that some (most) are offended by because it doesn't affect them....nah. 

I defended Tyrod and his comments, by the way. Draft status doesn't matter. Tyrod was not performing well, so they put in the young gun to see how he would do. Many Bills fans understood and agreed with the move to bench him. Many were excited by the prospect of Peterman starting, and many assumed that he would do well because he got the ball out quickly, something Tyrod was horrible at.

You can use hindsight all you want, but that was the dynamic at the time. Nobody knew that Peterman would throw 5 INT's. Many people assumed that he was a good fit for that week because he got the ball out.

When you know Tyrod is not the answer, you don't keep him on the roster, especially since his cap hit was increasing significantly. Moving him for a 3rd rounder was a great move.

As far as Peterman starting the next season, that wasn't the plan. The plan was for McCarron to start. When Peterman out performed McCarron in the preseason (which he absolutely did), Peterman got the start. Peterman played well in the preseason and showed the best grasp of the scheme and offense as a whole throughout the off season. In hindsight, yes it would have been nice to not have Peterman start, but most thought that it was fine to have him start for a couple games until Allen was ready.

I don't believe that these decisions, good or bad, were racially motivated. All of them have logical reasoning behind them. The decisions can easily be defended (until you bring in hindsight).

Tyrod was maddening to watch. He held on to the ball far too long and refused to throw the ball to open receivers. His running ability did not nearly make up for the lack of passing production. The fact that he didn't last more than a few games starting for the Browns should tell everyone that he is not a legitimate starter in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I defended Tyrod and his comments, by the way. Draft status doesn't matter. Tyrod was not performing well, so they put in the young gun to see how he would do. Many Bills fans understood and agreed with the move to bench him. Many were excited by the prospect of Peterman starting, and many assumed that he would do well because he got the ball out quickly, something Tyrod was horrible at.

You can use hindsight all you want, but that was the dynamic at the time. Nobody knew that Peterman would throw 5 INT's. Many people assumed that he was a good fit for that week because he got the ball out.

When you know Tyrod is not the answer, you don't keep him on the roster, especially since his cap hit was increasing significantly. Moving him for a 3rd rounder was a great move.

As far as Peterman starting the next season, that wasn't the plan. The plan was for McCarron to start. When Peterman out performed McCarron in the preseason (which he absolutely did), Peterman got the start. Peterman played well in the preseason and showed the best grasp of the scheme and offense as a whole throughout the off season. In hindsight, yes it would have been nice to not have Peterman start, but most thought that it was fine to have him start for a couple games until Allen was ready.

I don't believe that these decisions, good or bad, were racially motivated. All of them have logical reasoning behind them. The decisions can easily be defended (until you bring in hindsight).

Tyrod was maddening to watch. He held on to the ball far too long and refused to throw the ball to open receivers. His running ability did not nearly make up for the lack of passing production. The fact that he didn't last more than a few games starting for the Browns should tell everyone that he is not a legitimate starter in the league.

Its not about racial motivation but rather racial bias.  It is about what happens at the unconscious level.  To bring this all full circle, that is what TT was alluding to in the first place, the fact that black athletes are judged more harshly.  

P.S. dont take this as an attack.  I also don't think they were racially motivated choices, and I actually think they were the right choices.  But that doesn't mean there isn't a possibility that as a fan base we were too hard on him due to unconscious bias. 

Tyrod was a decent enough QB for a year or two. 

Seems like a decent guy. I wish him success as a career backup somewhere. You need a good backup.

Also, I don't blame him for having a chip on his shoulder about the way the Bills jerked him around. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s funny, that the people that wanted EJ to win the QB battle have never come to terms that Tyrod was absolutely the best option at the time. He delivered a winning record as the Bills QB and ended the drought. He handled himself with class the entire time. Tyrod is a guy that we should remember fondly. He was a decent QB that didn’t lose games. 

Yep. Nothing but love for TT here, with special thanks for helping to end the drought. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 3

I mean, if your employer tells you that you're basicalky out tgr door, but then they couldn't find a replacement for you, but if you take a pay cut you can stay...

Then they keep jerking you around and eventually fire you.

You would be annoyed too. Tyrods comments came from a place of emotion and frustration do I give him a pass

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Its not about racial motivation but rather racial bias.  It is about what happens at the unconscious level.  To bring this all full circle, that is what TT was alluding to in the first place, the fact that black athletes are judged more harshly.  

P.S. dont take this as an attack.  I also don't think they were racially motivated choices, and I actually think they were the right choices.  But that doesn't mean there isn't a possibility that as a fan base we were too hard on him due to unconscious bias. 

Fans were divided on Tyrod. Just as they were divided on EJ, on Trent Edwards, on JP Losman, etc. On my part, I defended Tyrod until the second half of his last season as a starter. I came to the realization by that point that he simply didn't have what it takes to be a consistently good QB. A lot of fans were in the same boat.

My bias is a Bills bias, and I aknowledge that. I trust and support the moves the team makes. I trusted them when they made Tyrod the starter and defended him as such. Heck, I even tricked myself that Rex was a good hire, even though deep down I hated the hire.

I think there is less racism than those who claim racism, and more racism than those who claim there is none.

• Like (+1) 1