Some Chiefs fans want Sean McDermott to be their new DC

After last night's 14-point blown lead, they want their DC Bob Sutton fired, and some are calling for them to go after Sean McDermott as their new DC.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=13962251#post13962251

[Note: you have to register first to be able to see their forum.]

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=13962228&postcount=5

If either one of them are fired? Ron Rivera or Sean McDermott.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=13962251&postcount=17

I don't really love it.... 
McDermott's D will frustrate the living hell out of us. It's unaggressive zone D which I don't trust to be consistently great for us. 

• Haha (+1) 1

As I similarly posted in the "Black Monday" thread, someone should let them know that McD has the same odds of getting fired this year as:

1.  Kareem Hunt winning Times "Man of the Year" award

2.  Melania having consensual sex with Trump

3.  End of American obesity

4.  Obama elected for a third term.

5.  Saturday Night Live becomes funny again.

6.  Tupac reveals he faked his death on Conan and then headlines Coachella with his halogram as his hype man.

7.  Goodell admits he is an a**hole and ruining the game because he has a real medical condition where a literal stick is lodged in his a**.

8.  Roseanne comes back to the show “The Conners”

9.  Bacon no longer tastes good.

10.  The cast of Jersey Shore all win Emmys

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...McDermott coaching Mahomes?....seriously?......McClappy would go into cardiac arrest on the first series when the kid improvised outside of "the process".....................

And yet Allen does the same thing.

Some one alert the hospitals!

Some of those guys are really clueless.. 

Jim Bob Cooter from Detroit lol.. 

Sure their offense in Detroit has been quite bad this year so when he’s fired let’s try him on defense!!! 

Ray lewis?? I’m sure if that guy wanted to coach he’d be joining the ravens staff.. 

I guess they have a lot of dumb bandwagon jumpers on their board. 

But some of those guys sounded quite intelligent in their ideas of who would be a good fit and why their defense struggles. 

When the offense is playing elite and scoring in 4-5 plays sometimes sure the defense is gonna get tired and exposed. They’re missing the monster pass rush they once had to cover up the weak defensive backs lack of coverage skills. 

They were all over Rivers last night, until the 4th quarter. 

A few updates:

One poster has included three former or current Bills coaches he wants for DC:

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=13962848&postcount=71

Todd Bowles when he’s canned
Sean McDermott if he’s canned 
Vance Joseph if he's canned 
Chuck Pagano
Gregg Williams if he doesn’t the Browns job
Mike Pettine if Green Bay cleans house
Teryl Austin
Ray Horton

Then another replied:

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=13962934&postcount=73

A few ughs in there. I don't want retreads. I don't want a tree candidate unless they're running a defense that is built for the new league rules. For me... Pettine is more of the same. Williams and McDermott are WAY too dependent on their secondary. If people hate us not blitzing, McDermott will drive everybodh crazy.

27 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...McDermott coaching Mahomes?....seriously?......McClappy would go into cardiac arrest on the first series when the kid improvised outside of "the process".....................

Not to mention, everyone knows McClappy is not made to Mahomes urlgle Peterman clap murgle process mumblebubmle, am I right?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

As I similarly posted in the "Black Monday" thread, someone should let them know that McD has the same odds of getting fired this year as:

6.  Tupac reveals he faked his death on Conan and then headlines Coachella with his halogram as his hype man.

7.  Goodell admits he is an a**hole and ruining the game because he has a real medical condition where a literal stick is lodged in his a**.

I am bored listening to a conference call that may put me to sleep...so I am going to further expand on the things that are more likely to happen than McD getting fired for my own entertainment.

Things that have the same odds of happening as McD getting fired this year (cont):

11.  Carrot Top being identified as Tupac's killer

12.  Fat free food tasting as good as non fat free food

13.  Ronald McDonald being named the new White House Chief of Staff

14.  Sammy Watkins winning OPOY

15.  My girlfriend ever agreeing to either butt stuff Mondays or threesome Thursdays

If this call doesn't end soon, there may be a part 3 coming soon lol

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The only way that happens is if Beane suffers a head injury and behaves like AJ Smith and demands that McDermott now to him.

Of the name which isn’t tossed around is Dom Campers.  He got stuck with the dumb arse McCarthy who terminated Tom Clements.  Anyone else think we should be gunning for Capers in a defensive consulting or scouting capacity?  

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I'll add #11

The Buffalo News rehires Sully!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Drought said:

I'll give them McD, Allen and McCoy for...

Reid and Mahomes

Not me, but stick with this position.  I'll mark "The Drought" down as one that doesn't think we're heading in the right direction in the AFCE.  I think we have our QB and McCoach, so long as Frazier isn't allowed to call gameday calls.  Add an OL and WR or two, and a TE, and I think we're in the playoffs again next year, and for years to come.

• Like (+1) 1

Count me as one of them.  Mark it down, set it in stone.  Not the coach (yeah, I'd love to have Reid as an OC), but I wouldn't trade our QB.  And I think it's better to have a brilliant OC, and a defensive-minded HC.  So I wouldn't take that trade.  I'm not saying McCoach is a great HC, but I'm saying I'd prefer a HC that's more defensive-minded, and a mad-scientist as OC.  And, I'd still take JA versus Mahomes, right now.  I know that's blasphemy for what he's doing right now, but I'll stand by it, and what I think we have in QB.

And I think our OC might be pretty okay, given some weapons to work with.  I'm not sure if you noticed some of the crazy stuff he tried, some that worked, some that was just-off from working, but he's pretty creative.

• Like (+1) 1