Take Your Pick - 2019 FA Wish List !!

T master

Well once again we have to look forward to next year but i think we have seen some good things from this year that McBean & company can build on to make our team better in a lot of places Allen, Foster, Millano, Edmunds just to name a few along with others .

In 2019 the Bills will not only have more cap room due to dead money being gone but the cap is projected to be at around $190 million which will be a increase from last year & given the deficiencies on the team only so many can be brought in through the draft others will be needed via free agency .

Here's a list of projected FA's for 2019, who would you bring in given the opportunity to spend the cash the Bills will have on hand ? And would you retain some that are already here ?

Some players on this list have already moved but for the most part it will give us a good idea of who will be available check it out !! 

http://walterfootball.com/freeagentspreview2019.php

I think due to the Carolina connection one FA that could be brought in may be Ryan Kalil the center for the Panthers if they let him walk ? We are in need of a upgrade at that position & if they don't address it in the draft i think he could be a target for McBean this coming year .

There are many more to choose from & as of yet we won't know which will be retained but see what you all think & take your pick to upgrade the areas that are lacking on our team ...

If something like this has already been posted excuse me i didn't look to see if it had .

Lorenzo 

Kyle

Mills for depth

John Brown

EJ Gaines

Jason Verrett

Eric Ebron

Dee Ford

Mitch Morse

Chris Conley

Rodger Saffold

Tyrell Williams

Anthony Barr

Sheldon Richardson

Brandon Graham

Ramon Foster

Jay Ajayi

Frank Clark

Paradis

42 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I will browse the list when the season ends. And after teams start cutting vets to save cap space. Until then, it’s kind of a waste of time for the most part. Too many more names will be added after the season and before free agency 

I noticed you consistently choose to respond to these offseason personnel move threads........and always with "this is pointless it's too early".

You do realize a response.....or even opening the thread.... is not mandatory?

It's all a waste of time, that's the nature of a sports discussion message board.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I noticed you consistently choose to respond to these offseason personnel move threads........and always with "this is pointless it's too early".

You do realize a response.....or even opening the thread.... is not mandatory?

It's all a waste of time, that's the nature of a sports discussion message board.

Touché.. Valid points. 

My only issue is the clogging of first page actual news with stuff that’s going to change 8000 times in the next few months.. mocks and free agency mocks etc etc.. Bad precedent for people to see these everyday and feel the need to start their own new thread on it 

I'd really like to see EJ Gaines back if they can get him for fairly cheap since he will be coming off an injury. Even if it's just a depth move. 

And then Pradis definitely

I like Clowney but I think that he would want Mario Williams type money to come to Buffalo and idk if Beane would be willing to spend that. 

One of these two

JAX Donte Moncrief, WR  although I am still drafting a WR 1st or 2nd round

LAC Tyrell Williams, WR 

One of these two

LAR Rodger Saffold, G 

MIA Ja'Wuan James, OT 

+

ATL Tevin Coleman, RB (Pair him with McCoy and Murphy dump Ivory)

PHI Brandon Graham, DE 

Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB  (Backup)

Something like this I'd be happy.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, corta765 said:

One of these two

LAC Tyrell Williams, WR 

One of these two

LAR Rodger Saffold, G 

MIA Ja'Wuan James, OT 

+

PHI Brandon Graham, DE 

Yikes.

That would be like going to grocery store with 200 bucks to spend and coming home with 10 bags of frozen chicken fingers. Atleast you didn’t come home empty handed! 

Coleman and McCoy, if I had to guess they are two of the worst backs in yards after contact. 

43 minutes ago, corta765 said:

One of these two

LAC Tyrell Williams, WR 

One of these two

LAR Rodger Saffold, G 

MIA Ja'Wuan James, OT 

+

PHI Brandon Graham, DE 

Getting Saffold would be a massive pick up !

1. Trade for Julio Jones or Aj Green

2. Sign Tyler Eifert to a one year deal to prove durability. If he proves to stay healthy, resign to longer contract

3. Sign Matt Paradis

4. Sign Daryl Williams at RT (Carolina guy so will probably get signed by Beane)

5. Get a secondary receiver receiver on a small 2 year contract like Tyrell Williams or Randall Cobb

6. Sign Jadeveon Clowney or DeMarcus Lawrence

7. Resign Lorenzo, if not, Clay Matthews on small contract or Anthony Barr

8. Sign Jason Verrett to be the #2 corner

9. Attempt to resign Kyle to another year

Draft Top Olineman or Top pass rusher in draft round 1. 

Draft Anthony Johnson, WR from UB in round 2

That is my dream offensive scenario.

Carry on

Edited by Buffalo03

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

Getting Saffold would be a massive pick up !

Of all of the FA's he actually is #1 on my board. There most likely will not be a great WR available and if Tate does come available it will be a crazy bidding war. Plus I think the draft in round 1 or 2 you can get an impact WR. Saffold would do well with Teller & Dawkins and your down to 2 holes on O-line which isn't nearly as bad. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

2. Sign Tyler Eifert to a one year deal to prove durability. If he proves to stay healthy, resign to longer contract

3. Sign Matt Paradis

4. Sign Daryl Williams at RT (Carolina guy so will probably get signed by Beane)

5. Get a secondary receiver receiver on a small 2 year contract like Tyrell Williams or Randall Cobb

Carry on

Dude this reality not Madden and if were in Madden are you playing on rookie because that would be an insane offseason lol But for real Daryl Williams has been mentioned and would be a solid RT pickup. Anthony Barr I'd like also and I could see.

This is more of a guess as to who they'd be interested in bringing in. 

QB - I think they re-sign Barkley and maybe offer another deal to Anderson but I think that depends on his health. If it's a no-go on either of those guys, I wouldn't mind them trying to get Fitz back here. Guy is wicked smart and can win a few games off the bench for you but if he's the long-term starter he tends to turn it over a lot.

RB - They've said they have McCoy in their plans for 2019 but who knows for sure. They have Ivory for another year if they want him back, they drew up his contract so they have an out after this season. Both guys will be 31 next season so I definitely think they need to bring some younger players on board at this position group. TJ Yeldon makes a lot of sense to me. I think Tevin Coleman could be a target for them as well. Buck Allen from  Baltimore is another name I'd keep an eye on.

WR - I would love for them to go out and sign Golden Tate. He'd be perfect for that group. Dude is a class act and a total pro, would love to see him here. Unfortunately, he's 31 and I think he'll be looking to sign with a contender. Chris Conley, Donte Moncrief, Adam Humphries, Tyrell Williams, Quincy Enunwa, Aldrick Robinson are all players I wouldn't mind seeing here. 

TE - I'd really like to see them take a run at Tyler Eifert and it could be possible because Cinicinnati may be in rebuild mode. A lot will depend on his health, though. Other than that, I think Jeff Heuerman from Denver or Jesse James from Pittsburgh makes sense.

RT - I definitely think they're gonna go back to that Carolina connection and take a run at Daryl Williams and I'm fine with that. I felt like Jordan Mills was playing decent this season but his last few games have been dumpers so, I think it's time to move on from him. Ju'Wuan James from Miami is another possibility.

RG - Roger Saffold would be nice but he'll probably generate some competition between teams. Not sure if Beane would get into a bidding war for him. Maybe AJ Cann, Marcus Martin, Max Garcia, I dunno. 

C - Yeah, this needs to be a major focus for them, might be the most important position for them to address heading into 2019. Everyone else has mentioned Matt Paradis or Mitch Morse and I'm fine with either. I'm kinda tired of seeing Bodine and now Groy get steamrolled every other down.

LT/LG - Obviously they're going to stay the course with Dawkins and with Teller, it'll depend on how he finishes these last three games.

DEFENSE

DE - How rad would it be for them to pick up Demarcus Lawrence? I don't see it happening but it would be awesome. I think they'd go with second or third tier kinds of players if they wanna add to this group. Maybe Aaron Lynch from Chicago? I'd like to see them steal Trey Flowers from New England, that guy has really emerged this year with seven sacks and two forced fumbles. He's coming off his rookie deal and will generate plenty of interest, I'm sure.

DT - Re-sign Kyle if he wants to come back. Other than that, draft a guy if you wanna add here. This draft is loaded with DL talent.

LB - Again, draft a guy here. Re-sign Alexander if he wants to come back. Deone Bucannon from Arizona is intriguing because he, like Milano, played safety for a while. Not sure of his role in AZ right now but in the past he's played LB and S and we know McDermott loves versatility. Anthony Barr could be another possibility but he'll definitely have a lot of interest. 

CB - Really wouldn't mind seeing EJ Gaines back here but I think that's doubtful. Bradley Roby or PJ Williams could be possible. If Levi Wallace has a strong finish to this season then I think they'll probably work with him as their CB2.

S - I think they're mostly set, maybe a depth guy here or there.

At the end of the day, my best guess is...

TJ Yeldon

Tyrell Williams

Tyler Eifert

Daryl Williams

Matt Paradis

PJ Williams

37 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Of all of the FA's he actually is #1 on my board. There most likely will not be a great WR available and if Tate does come available it will be a crazy bidding war. Plus I think the draft in round 1 or 2 you can get an impact WR. Saffold would do well with Teller & Dawkins and your down to 2 holes on O-line which isn't nearly as bad. 

Dude this reality not Madden and if were in Madden are you playing on rookie because that would be an insane offseason lol But for real Daryl Williams has been mentioned and would be a solid RT pickup. Anthony Barr I'd like also and I could see.

I obviously don't expect us to sign all these guys but I do think Beane is going big at receiver this offseason and I think there will at least be an attempt to trade for Julio or AJ

Honestly, of all the guys I listed. My top choices (in no particular order) would be

Trade for Julio or AJ

Sign Tyler Eifert

Sign Matt Paradis

Sign Daryl Williams

Sign DeMarcus Lawrence or Jadeveon (these two are probably the least likely and we can always draft a top pass rusher in the draft)

Sign Jason Verrett

That would be an amazing offseason. We have $91 million in cap room. Go get 'em

3 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

3. Sign Matt Paradis

Carry on

How do you still have 1st and 2nd round picks while trading for Julio or AJ? 

12 hours ago, cle23 said:

How do you still have 1st and 2nd round picks while trading for Julio or AJ? 

The article that was posted on here a few days ago about how Beane can turn the Bills into contenders next year talked about giving up a 3rd and 4th round pick in 2019 for one of these guys. A 3rd and 4th is quite possible I think especially for the Falcons who are gonna want as many picks as possible to rebuild that defense in a defense heavy draft and the fact that Julio has contract issues and they drafted Calvin Ridley last year. If a 3rd and 4th doesn't work, I would think about giving up a 2nd and 5th. We could still have a first round pick. Julio is 30 and AJ is 31. No one is giving up 1st round pick for either one

Edited by Buffalo03

18 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

The article that was posted on here a few days ago about how Beane can turn the Bills into contenders next year talked about giving up a 3rd and 4th round pick in 2019 for one of these guys. A 3rd and 4th is quite possible I think especially for the Falcons who are gonna want as many picks as possible to rebuild that defense in a defense heavy draft and the fact that Julio has contract issues and they drafted Calvin Ridley last year. If a 3rd and 4th doesn't work, I would think about giving up a 2nd and 5th. We could still have a first round pick. Julio is 30 and AJ is 31. No one is giving up 1st round pick for either one

I think there is zero chance of either being traded for 3rds and 4ths. Julio is probably the best or top 3 at worst WR in the game, and AJ is close when healthy. Those picks don't help half as much or close as them. And it isn't like they are 35 with only a year or 2 left. 

From having watched him for many years I can tell you that TJ Yeldon has great hands out of the backfield and would be an excellent weapon for Josh.  As a runner he has some speed and he is not easy to bring down.

He has had his share of injuries and I wouldn't break the bank for him, but I think that he would be an asset to the Bills.

30 minutes ago, cle23 said:

I think there is zero chance of either being traded for 3rds and 4ths. Julio is probably the best or top 3 at worst WR in the game, and AJ is close when healthy. Those picks don't help half as much or close as them. And it isn't like they are 35 with only a year or 2 left. 

AJ is going into the last year of his contract and always seems to have injury problems but is a top 5 receiver when healthy. The Bengals continue to be a mess year after year so I think it is possible to give up an aging receiver in a contract year for a 3rd and 4th rounder which will probably be about as best as they can get. 

Julio's situation for reasons I stated before about his contract issues and the fact that he held out in training camp this year, the fact that the Falcons have one of the worst defenses in the league and drafting Ridley last year might make it an idea the Falcons think about. The Falcons are 4-9 right now with Julio so what good is he actually doing that team? And because of age a 3rd rounder is probably as high as they will get but the Falcons may entertain the idea of giving him up for as many draft picks as possible

18 hours ago, corta765 said:

One of these two

LAC Tyrell Williams, WR 

One of these two

LAR Rodger Saffold, G 

MIA Ja'Wuan James, OT 

+

PHI Brandon Graham, DE 

i don't think barkley will want to re-sign here. bringing back fitz would be a great move for allen.

5 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

I would probably look at 3 to 4 players in FA.

1.  Daryl Williams

2.  Matt Paradis

3.  Donte Moncrief

then a low budget guy at TE like Maxx Williams.  That's about all I would do, then look to the draft for everything else.

I don’t know about Moncrief. He has had plenty of opportunities with multiple teams and he hasn’t produced consistently 

On 12/12/2018 at 11:23 AM, Pete said:

Lorenzo 

Kyle

Mills for depth

John Brown

EJ Gaines

Jason Verrett

Eric Ebron

Dee Ford

Mitch Morse

Chris Conley

Rodger Saffold