Fan conduct at the game.

I have a question about the fans at the stadium. Maybe some who read this are among the group I'm referring to with this question.

When the pick-six happened and the game was suddenly lost -- one play after the overturned TD -- how are the fans on the video board still smiling and laughing and dancing and having a great time? Seriously, what is going on? You're dressed up in all that gear, but are you actually a Bills fan? This is supremely confusing and frustrating to me. You come to the stadium but you don't care what happens in the game? My brother and I were pissed -- he restrained me from assaulting a gloating Pats fan -- and I don't understand what's going on with these "fans."

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, The Bills Blog said:

I have a question about the fans at the stadium. Maybe some who read this are among the group I'm referring to with this question.

When the pick-six happened and the game was suddenly lost -- one play after the overturned TD -- how are the fans on the video board still smiling and laughing and dancing and having a great time? Seriously, what is going on? You're dressed up in all that gear, but are you actually a Bills fan? This is supremely confusing and frustrating to me. You come to the stadium but you don't care what happens in the game? My brother and I were pissed -- he restrained me from assaulting a gloating Pats fan -- and I don't understand what's going on with these "fans."

Seriously or trolling? If serious, seek help. If trolling, please stop.

Assualting another fan because of a football game?

• Like (+1) 13
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Dude, I'm right there with you.  I hate it when fans have a good time at a sporting event.  

• Haha (+1) 12

Find another hobby.....you seem to be abit ill tempered......seriously had to be restrained because of a football game?

• Thank you (+1) 1

This is what makes

1.  You a complete waste of air

2.  Gives the entire fan base a bad reputation that you would even think about hurting another person over a stupid football game.  Get a life!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Honestly, I went in (not the game, but the Bills backers bar in Houston) expecting a blowout. So when we actually kept it a game till the 4th quarter I was presently surprised. When the Bills do bad this season, I don't even get mad. I expect it, and its comical, and I'm at a bar with my friends having fun. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

You should power slam yourself through a burning table.  You'll feel beter.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 4

I’m guessing the OP is young.  When I went to the Bills/Cowboys MNF game, a Dallas fan came up and hugged me to gloat.  I didn’t assault him but I pushed him off me and he fell down the aisle steps.  I was 26 back then.  Now I’m married, have kids and a career, and couldn’t imagine getting that upset over a game.  I love the Bills, schedule my sundays around them, but who could possibly be that upset after a game where the outcome was known prior to kickoff?  

• Like (+1) 2

The guy I almost assaulted was being incomprehensibly disrespectful and deserved to get his teeth kicked in. Having said that, when I got in his face the second time and told him to shut up, he left.

Regarding this topic in general, I think it's a really bad look for the TV audience to see our fans partying when we're losing.

1 minute ago, The Bills Blog said:

The guy I almost assaulted was being incomprehensibly disrespectful and deserved to get his teeth kicked in. Having said that, when I got in his face the second time and told him to shut up, he left.

Regarding this topic in general, I think it's a really bad look for the TV audience to see our fans partying when we're losing.

Yes, they should be crying and starting fights like adults!

SMH

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

I’m guessing the OP is young.  When I went to the Bills/Cowboys MNF game, a Dallas fan came up and hugged me to gloat.  I didn’t assault him but I pushed him off me and he fell down the aisle steps.  I was 26 back then.  Now I’m married, have kids and a career, and couldn’t imagine getting that upset over a game.  I love the Bills, schedule my sundays around them, but who could possibly be that upset after a game where the outcome was known prior to kickoff?  

I'm 30, so you might say young. I think what's sad is that as I feel my emotional investment dwindling on a game-by-game basis (daughter and career...), I worry that I won't feel the positive emotions as much when we actually do become successful. That would be a shame after all these years feeling the pain so much.

19 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

You wanted to commit a crime, yet you're complaining about other fans' behavior???

1 minute ago, The Bills Blog said:

I'm 30, so you might say young. I think what's sad is that as I feel my emotional investment dwindling on a game-by-game basis (daughter and career...), I worry that I won't feel the positive emotions as much when we actually do become successful. That would be a shame after all these years feeling the pain so much.

Switch the station to Dr Phil...maybe that might be better

19 minutes ago, Hurricane said:

For some most, going to the game is just a big party...

Fixed it! 

And the more alcohol involved, the better the party.

To the OP:  I saw shots like that on the TV broadcast and know what you mean.  At one point they focused on a woman in the crowd decked out in Bills stuff and she was seemingly cheering a big play by the Patriots; don't remember exactly what it was....I thought that was odd.

PS:  If you are hitting people at games or almost doing that, you're a f-ing meathead.

Get help.

On 10/30/2018 at 3:23 PM, The Bills Blog said:

You're worried about looking bad for the TV audience...your priorities are effed up.

Lool at it the other way; Bills fans know how to have fun. Win or lose, it's just a game. Bills fans are used to this, and won't let it stop them from enjoying themselves and their hard earned money spent on a bad football team (on offense).

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

When I was 30 I had a Sunday morning ritual before each Bills game that involved watching certain Bills higlight video's,  wore the same outfit for the games, had to sit in a specific position for offense and then a different position for defense, yada yada yada....my wife thought I was nuts and I probably was - but this was during the SB years so I just couldn't bear to change things for fear the Bills would burn down.  The four days after each SB loss were terrible.  Then we had kids, then life started getting in the way, then I found Lexapro and no more craziness on game days.  I hardly yell at the TV any more.....its nice.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Trust me: no one in America actually gives a flying f**k about remaining scattered Bills appearing to be happy in an uncompetitive Bills loss at 11 pm on a Monday night. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

I agree that as time goes by and the yearly recurring dismal seasons pass, it gets harder to care.  But I guess that’s a good thing because honestly, we fans probably care more about our teams than the players do.  I think what finally “clicked” for me was getting so angry at the outcome, then watching the tv coverage show players shaking hands and laughing and joking like what happened was no big deal.  If it’s not a big deal to the ones playing, I couldn’t let it be a big deal to someone just watching from home.

When we are finally good again, I’ll be excited.  But winning it all today will not feel the same as it would have if we win it all in 2005 for example.  My priorities just changed.  It still matters, and like I said, I schedule my Sundays around football season.  But I won’t let the outcome ruin my entire week.

3 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Fixed it! 

And the more alcohol involved, the better the party.

To the OP:  I saw shots like that on the TV broadcast and know what you mean.  At one point they focused on a woman in the crowd decked out in Bills stuff and she was seemingly cheering a big play by the Patriots; don't remember exactly what it was....I thought that was odd.

PS:  If you are hitting people at games or almost doing that, you're a f-ing meathead.

Get help.

In all seriousness, I'm trying. I'm on two waiting lists, trying to get treatment for major depression and being suicidal.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

If you had to be restrained from a physical altercation with someone over a pathetic football team then I'd say you have more to worry about than a smiling fan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, chaccof said:

When I was 30 I had a Sunday morning ritual before each Bills game that involved watching certain Bills higlight video's,  wore the same outfit for the games, had to sit in a specific position for offense and then a different position for defense, yada yada yada....my wife thought I was nuts and I probably was - but this was during the SB years so I just couldn't bear to change things for fear the Bills would burn down.  The four days after each SB loss were terrible.  Then we had kids, then life started getting in the way, then I found Lexapro and no more craziness on game days.  I hardly yell at the TV any more.....its nice.

Don't have kids yet. But similar story. Getting married next month. I still get pissed during the game. But not like with other fans. Usually if I do yell at anybody, its our own damn team, But by the time I leave the bar, I'm over it. I have a a beautiful woman cooking me a nice home cooked meal, a cigar, and a glass of whiskey all waiting for me at the house, win or lose. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Well, for starters .... it's a game.

Was this incomprehensible disrespect in the form of not being REALLY PISSED OFF about losing to a team that's about 500x better than the Bills?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

I think some times when you read what you wrote, and consider societal norms and socially acceptable behavior, it's easy to spot where you may have gotten a bit off track. Not always, but some times. 

Dude, these games are meant to be a distraction.  Try to keep things in perspective.  If you had a good time with your brother, really that's all that matters.  I was there last night and was expecting a blowout.  So i was relatively surprised that the Bills hung in there for most of the game.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, The Bills Blog said:

The Pick 6 was thrown by the 35-year ex-Panther backup who had to be talked out of retirement because the starter this Coaching Staff and FO picked is a disaster every time he sees the field. 

And you take issue with the fans? Seems like a joke of a team this FO has fielded. 

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

At one point they focused on a woman in the crowd decked out in Bills stuff and she was seemingly cheering a big play by the Patriots; don't remember exactly what it was....I thought that was odd.

Maybe that particular player was on her fantasy team. 

1 hour ago, The Bills Blog said:

Is this worse than just being disrespectful?