Fan conduct at the game.

4 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

I'm 30, so you might say young. I think what's sad is that as I feel my emotional investment dwindling on a game-by-game basis (daughter and career...), I worry that I won't feel the positive emotions as much when we actually do become successful. That would be a shame after all these years feeling the pain so much.

I think you just answered your own question there.

Fans are getting drunk and having fun with it because there's literally nothing else left to do. It's better than crying about it.

I actually enjoyed the game. Had a Pats fan in front of me, knew football and we talked through the whole game. It was refreshing for once to sit near people who know football. We laughed and had a good time and when a drunk Bills fan started talking trash, the wife and I told him to leave the guy alone. Hope he had no issues on the way out of the stadium. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

In all seriousness, I'm trying. I'm on two waiting lists, trying to get treatment for major depression and being suicidal.

Good luck with that bro. Nothing is ever as bad as it seems at the time. 

• Like (+1) 2

Great thread.

Responses have had me rolling. 

OP needs to grow up. 

5 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

In all seriousness, I'm trying. I'm on two waiting lists, trying to get treatment for major depression and being suicidal.

Good lord. 

Dude - change your diet, start exercising, and don’t watch any more football. 

I have a question about the fans at the stadium. Maybe some who read this are among the group I'm referring to with this question.

When the pick-six happened and the game was suddenly lost -- one play after the overturned TD -- how are the fans on the video board still smiling and laughing and dancing and having a great time? Seriously, what is going on? You're dressed up in all that gear, but are you actually a Bills fan? This is supremely confusing and frustrating to me. You come to the stadium but you don't care what happens in the game? My brother and I were pissed -- he restrained me from assaulting a gloating Pats fan -- and I don't understand what's going on with these "fans."

Really? Get a God damned grip!

I’ll tell you this much. I’m a die hard bills fan but I’ve got my armor on. I’m fully prepared to laugh my ass off when Peterman throws another pick six just as I’m fully prepared for elation and joy if we shock everyone and kick ass. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm 30, so you might say young. I think what's sad is that as I feel my emotional investment dwindling on a game-by-game basis (daughter and career...), I worry that I won't feel the positive emotions as much when we actually do become successful. That would be a shame after all these years feeling the pain so much.

You’re 30 and you have a daughter? Seek counseling because that sounds like an undiagnosed anger issue.

As somebody who got into quite a few late night brawls as a youth myself, spent some nights in the holding center, and got an acd once, you’re way too old to be reacting to perceived disrespect (at a sporting event) with violence.

Edited by eanyills

Wtf is wrong with you people?

OP just said he suffers from major depression and is suicidal. 

But then there’s this football game thing...

fix yourself up mate. 

Diet, exercise, whatever it takes. 

Is that so controversial or has the entire ***** world gone insane?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bakin said:

Wtf is wrong with you people?

OP just said he suffers from major depression and is suicidal. 

But then there’s this football game thing...

fix yourself up mate. 

Diet, exercise, whatever it takes. 

Is that so controversial or has the entire ***** world gone insane?

Sending you a PM.

6 hours ago, Another Fan said:

I remembered her most after the Pick 6 as that’s what I felt like.   Didn’t even notice people still looked happy

C91034CA-58F9-4E60-AA51-61A11B272718.jpeg

We all knew the wheels would fall off....it was just a matter of when and how ;) 

19 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

We all knew the wheels would fall off....it was just a matter of when and how ;) 

Not that I was surprised I'm any shape or form, but I hate the losing attitude. The Bills were in it til the 4th quarter and could have pulled it off. Offense not only didn't score a TD but had one scored against them. Defense was awesome and special teams pretty good (Hauska being money, as usual). Milano and Kyle and all the secondary played so well. Offense... ouch. Ivory looked good though and I did like all the creativity in the first drives. It'll take a lot more of that for the Bears.

As for fighting another fan, yep, get a grip. Though we all have seen real obnoxious people in need of an ass kicking.

7 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

The guy I almost assaulted was being incomprehensibly disrespectful and deserved to get his teeth kicked in. Having said that, when I got in his face the second time and told him to shut up, he left.

Regarding this topic in general, I think it's a really bad look for the TV audience to see our fans partying when we're losing.

we lose all the time, what's the point in getting too upset about it.

37 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Though we all have seen real obnoxious people in need of an ass kicking.

That's exactly what this was.

What's really odd to me is that the reaction on this thread is almost completely different from the reaction on the other thread about fan behavior in opposing stadiums. This guy needed something to be said to him, and I took care of it and he left. Yes, I almost lost control and shouldn't have, but ultimately it was fine.

35 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Not that I was surprised I'm any shape or form, but I hate the losing attitude.

We have no affect on the game other than cheering and making noise on defense (which the Bills fans did), the pick 6 was an indictment of how some felt about the current state of affairs.. losing attitude for a losing team. Fans are there for entertainment. It was a fitting end.

Most fans respect the Bills fanbasebthey know we support the team through thick in thin when they're in the game.. we're 2-5, historically bad and cheering like hell on MNF through 3 quarters.. many teams wouldn't fill the stadium.

You want to see a bad fanbase see the Rams Sunday night full of Packers fans. That's the national media indictment of LA fans. Guarantee nobody gives a crap about the bills fans giving up and enjoying whatever they can following a comically bad offensive performance.

There were no complaints about fan conduct coming from my neighbors as I watched from my family room. (It’s open the house season here.) My wife was mildly surprised, and I have not been severely shunned for my behavior. I’ll take that as a win. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Regarding this topic in general, I think it's a really bad look for the TV audience to see our fans partying when we're losing.

I saw the TV broadcast, nobody cares. We filled the stadium for a MNF game primed for a blowout and cheered our ***** off. The commentators mentioned many fanbases wouldn't fill the stadium.

You want to know that the audience remembers, tune into a national media show and see the hot topic of everybody ridiculing the Rams fans for allowing their team to play an away game in LA. Undefeated and NO HOME ADVANTAGE. 

Bills fans are widely respected, unless their getting into fights with other fans and breaking bones through tables. I and the world rather see us having a good time than a bunch of belligerents getting into brawls for christsakes.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

What's really odd to me is that the reaction on this thread is almost completely different from the reaction on the other thread about fan behavior in opposing stadiums. This guy needed something to be said to him, and I took care of it and he left. Yes, I almost lost control and shouldn't have, but ultimately it was fine.

What's not fine is that sooner or later your child will start to model your behavior.  If you need to be restrained from assaulting someone at a football game, the real question is, where else does that extreme behavior show up in your life?

I'm not trying to be a dick, but seriously, if you can't watch the game without getting to that point, you shouldn't watch the games at all.  And you should strongly consider therapy to deal with the underlying issues you are trying to manage.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

What's not fine is that sooner or later your child will start to model your behavior.  If you need to be restrained from assaulting someone at a football game, the real question is, where else does that extreme behavior show up in your life?

I'm not trying to be a dick, but seriously, if you can't watch the game without getting to that point, you shouldn't watch the games at all.  And you should strongly consider therapy to deal with the underlying issues you are trying to manage.

Guy is a loon and now I have PM’S to prove it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

Not at all, I read at least a dozen posts yesterday telling me how that was really a Bills win except for a few plays....

yeah... in a pig’s eye....

• Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

I have a question about the fans at the stadium. Maybe some who read this are among the group I'm referring to with this question.

When the pick-six happened and the game was suddenly lost -- one play after the overturned TD -- how are the fans on the video board still smiling and laughing and dancing and having a great time? Seriously, what is going on? You're dressed up in all that gear, but are you actually a Bills fan? This is supremely confusing and frustrating to me. You come to the stadium but you don't care what happens in the game? My brother and I were pissed -- he restrained me from assaulting a gloating Pats fan -- and I don't understand what's going on with these "fans."

I think a middle ground should exist... I don't like the atmosphere at times, because I know a lot of people who aren't big Bills fans go to the game to essentially go to a rager. So they'll cheer and be loud for five minutes, but once it goes bad, it's back to the beer and leaving the stadium once they stop serving.

I don't think you having to be restrained from an opposing fan makes you much better. If they gloat I'll give them *****, but I'm not getting into a physical altercation because my football team lost. I get that you care, but... having to be restrained?

6 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

So you chased a guy who had a ticket out of the stadium because he was saying something bad about the Bills? 

I've been there with opposing fans, I mean not restrained, but just getting crap. I say something dumb like if the Bills don't come back I'll buy you rogaine, or hair plugs. Just some dumb insult, I don't harass them out of the stadium.

I go to games with fans of other teams a lot. Sometimes it's fun seeing them get *****, and a lot take it well. What's not cool is when the Bills fan can't take a ***** joke after watching some bum get harrassed for 6 hours.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

13 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Is this worse than just being disrespectful?

I think you should have bolded the other part.

What person utters the sentence "The guy I almost assaulted was incomprehensibly disrespectful"? And thinks they are in the right regarding a football game...

The question now, is assault worse than incomprehensible disrespect? Also how do you know it is disrespect if it's incomprehensible?

Edited by Ol Dirty B

17 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

So you don’t understand good behavior?  What you saw should be the norm.  

The fans cheering after the pick 6 are smart enough to know we had no business keeping it close for that long.  They are true fans hoping for better days and making the most of a fun Monday night. 

The Bills fans looked good on MNF and the National media acknowledged that as did Thurman in his jersey retirement.   As for your behavior, seeking help is a good thing.  No need to fight about a football game. Life is way to short. 

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

You were honestly offering good advice going back through the thread, super confused.

Yeah, the guy who in PMs called me a "nutjob", told me to "get f*cked", doubled down on his criticism of my eating and exercise habits (even after I told him they're good), and referred to pharmaceutical help as "useless" -- all after knowing about my mental issues -- is a great guy and I'm the loon. Right.

18 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

I don't get "fans" like you either.  You were going to assault someone?  It's a ***** GAME man.

27 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Yeah, the guy who in PMs called me a "nutjob", told me to "get f*cked", doubled down on his criticism of my eating and exercise habits (even after I told him they're good), and referred to pharmaceutical help as "useless" -- all after knowing about my mental issues -- is a great guy and I'm the loon. Right.

okay, I'm not privy to the PMs, but his post didn't call for a PM, JMO. IMO, he just initially made a light snark about some of the humor (from other posters), and proceeded to give you good advice (not that he suggested you weren't doing this already. I'm all for your health man, but I just didn't see any malevolence in that post, I saw advice (not interested in hearing about PMs (PRIVATE messaging). 

I understand if you took offense to that, you've been very open about your situation, which is admirable, and healthy (although maybe not on a forum). But I want you to know jokes aside, we all care for your mental health man, you can see it in the thread. I'm depressed myself and I always try to be aware that I am in a state of mind often where I misinterpret someone's intention to be negative.. because I/you/all depressed people expect negative, they expect the worst.

I suppose.. PMs aside (seriously just delete the PMs and forget about them.. I'm just trying to help, and let you know we're all trying to help. And just know that as this is a forum, put some light snark in perspective, as we often go to humor, piggyback off other comments (admittedly too far) when uncomfortable. But I've had the same experience, and when I see it from the outside looking in, I can see where you expect negativity, but in this thread I see a lot of support, and I'm proud of most of the posters here for doing it.

Best of luck bud, I'm the last person to give advice other than what I just posted. Maybe just put "Bakin" on ignore and forget about all that. And find the positives in the anonymous community that genuinely cares about your health for no reason other than being good people and always watching out for their fellow Bills fans. We are a community after all.. in a very loose sense of the term.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 2

As far as assaulting other fans goes, someone would have to directly insult ME....and in an unforgivable way, for me to even consider smokin somebody. We had 3 Pats fans behind us that were super obnoxious. Still...they werent making fun of me, just the Bills. So its....whatever. Its definitely not worth getting arrested over. Its a game. 

• Like (+1) 1

I've often told my kids, you can't get physical over words.  They are just words.  You can't swing at people whether it's their siblings or kids on the playground or at school over words.

Seems like so-called adults don't always listen to that advice.

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They weren’t expecting to win and went to the game for fun? Low expectations are a beautiful thing. 

I wouldnt do that, but some fans don’t take football all that seriously as we do 

That's the thing people who post on message boards (in particular in the off-season) are way beyond the normal fan.  We take the word fan short for fanatic and it really should be fanatic on steroids.

I recall years back going to a Bills game with someone else driving and he was playing music in his car on the drive there and back.  MUSIC!!  Fng MUSIC when the pre and post and post-post-post game shows are on!  What kind of a moron would be listening to music??  But then again he doesn't post on message boards either.

• Like (+1) 1