Week 2 Game Day thread Bills vs. Chargers - First Half

Just now, paulbills said:

It seems like 3/5 of Josh's completions have been on that same RB out route, would like to see him take more shots downfield. 

Sure.. Lets just hope daboll calls that play, hope the wideout (benjamin) runs the right route, and the oline holds up.

So...on the FG drive Allen has a missed hand off that results in a sack. He throws a sure fire pick which is dropped. He missed a wide open crossing route by the RB even though he's only 10-15 feet away. He airmails the receiver over the top by 15 yards. Gets bailed out by an unsportsmanlike penalty. Completes a nice a pass downfield to Clay. Gives up a terrible sack with Jones wide open over the middle because he ran backwards instead of stepping up in the pocket and keeping his head downfield. 

This drive is all the proof you need that Allen shouldn't be out there.

Edited by VW82

4 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Allen making some throws, missing others, give him a B- for that 1st QTR.

You have low expectations. I have low expectations too but in no world was that performance above average.

So far this is what I’ve expected, not nearly good enough for a starting QB. He’s young, what we need to see from him is progress, people who expected him to be good right off the bat were deluding themselves .

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

It has to do with looking at these WRs and seeing what Beane sold off. 

I didn't hear a lot of complaining about how much we missed Watkins last year when he did nothing with the Rams. He's having a decent game and now he's great again.

2 minutes ago, paulbills said:

It seems like 3/5 of Josh's completions have been on that same RB swing route, would like to see him take more shots downfield. 

That requires holding the defensive line for more than 2 seconds which we haven't done yet. It also requires your wide receivers to get any separation which we haven't done yet.

Just now, joesixpack said:

I thought you were watching mahomes.

Ummm I am. Did you see me post anything about the pop warner product. 

Nope just Sammy’s stats. But you could see that if you took the rose glasses off and could read. 

1 minute ago, par73 said:

Mahomes sure looks like a rising star (was my choice last year). Can't believe Pittsburgh is being routed at home.

Great recievers, good OL, and a coach that KNOWS offense.  Really a perfect situation.  The OL worries me and the lack of WR's certainly doesn't help but the complete lack of proven offensive coaching is what I really fear in developing that high scoring offense that everyone had but wanted more passing.