Official TNF Thread: Bungles vs Ravens

Jauronimo

13 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I also hate the spot foul.

This is tough. If it was only 15 yards and automatic first down then any DB would just tackle a guy if he was beat. You would have to have two types. Intentional and incidental. Incidental is 15 and automatic first down. Intentional is spot foul and automatic first down. But then it adds more subjectivity to the referees, I believe we actually want to do the opposite. It’s already hard enough to officiate a fair NFL game with all their subjective penalties. 

Edited by Bills2ref

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought Allen did? It worked 

Maybe. Can’t remember.  But in competitive games, all too often on 3rd and 12+ they throw a simple dump off or run a draw or something. Just chuck it down the field and try to get a call. 

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Maybe. Can’t remember.  But in competitive games, all too often on 3rd and 12+ they throw a simple dump off or run a draw or something. Just chuck it down the field and try to get a call. 

That was TT. He did it again on Sunday vs the Steelers , actually. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

In the first half against the Ravens we ran a draw on 3rd and 17 but there was a false start. We ran the same play on 3rd and 22 even though the Ravens saw our play. I guess we thought "they'll never suspect we would run a draw after they saw us run a draw!"

9 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Just got out of school and saw the score.  I prefer the Bengals win but at the same time if the Ravens are legit I might feel slightly less worse about last week.  

I cringe when when we have to play the Pats

This thread is for tough guys, ultimate fighters, people serving life in prison, and stone cold murderers.  Take all your fuzzy little feelings and your insecurities, stuff them in your purse, and bring them to another thread.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I also hate the spot foul.

I think the possibility of a spot foul is necessary, if it was a 15 yard penalty defenders would do a lot more intentional fouling on big throws down the field if they know they got beat. Overall I would like to see more digression given to the refs to call it a 15 yard or spot foul penalty given the nature of the play. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

We allowed six sacks last week against Baltimore.

Cordy Glenn and the Bengals allowed 0 sacks against Baltimore.

Hmmm.

Dalton had all day back there.  Receivers were running open.  Mixon was even running decently. 

Pretty sure we suck.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Peter said:

We allowed six sacks last week against Baltimore.

Cordy Glenn and the Bengals allowed 0 sacks against Baltimore.

Hmmm.

Rookie Center Billy Price looked as advertised.

Just noticed he left injured.  I missed that.

Edited by ColoradoBills

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Dalton had all day back there.  Receivers were running open.  Mixon was even running decently. 

Pretty sure we suck.

Playing at home does make a difference, but shouldn't make THAT much of a difference...

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

My hell might be Beth Mowins and Troy Aikman calling a Patriots v. Cowboys game.

Beth Mowins' voice and accent shouts out "West Virginia trailer trash" like no other voice I've ever heard.

She is apparently from Syracuse, which amazes me.   

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Must feel great to have WRs that make contested catches... and some for TDs.

Can you imagine having a quarterback who will put the ball into a tight space that is being contested by a defender?! 

If Tyrod didn't see a man with 3 yards of separation (usually standing at a dead stop) he didn't throw him the ball.

The TD AJ Green scored...Dalton zipped that thing into a very tight window and at no point was Green actually what I'd call "open".

When he caught the ball, the defender was literally on his back.

Dalton still threw it and it turned out to be a TD.  

You can't overstate how crippled our passing game was with Tyrod.  

He is horrible.

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Pretty sure we suck.

We do suck, but I don't draw conclusions off of TNF games.

28 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I heard how awful the Bills are about 15 different ways during the broadcast and in the postgame.  

I hope some of our guys were watching and they took notice.  

I hope they're watching Chargers game film instead.

It's amazing what happens when you put pressure on the QB.  Come on Buffalo.  Learn.  But hey, let's be optimistic, in 2003, we crushed New England in the opener 31-0.  We all know how that seasoned turned out for the Patriots.  Maybe we can replicate a season like that after our first game meltdown. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

You can't overstate how crippled our passing game was with Tyrod.  

He is horrible.

Maybe, but it was way worse with Peterman, so no overstating is needed. If it was crippled with Tyrod, how would you describe it with Peterman?

As far as this game is concerned, I don't think it's fair to compare the Bills offensive effort to this Bengals game. Allen didn't even get a starters preparation for the Ravens game. I think judgement a should be reserved until we've seen Allen with a few games under his belt as a starter.

Edited by OJ Tom

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

FA this year... 

The Bengals are notoriously cheap...

It kind of has a Marvin Jones / Sanu feeling.  He shows some real promise opposite AJ Green in his walk year, the Bengals cheap out and they reset looking for the complimentary target.  I don't think he can be "The Guy" but I think he's a starting WR in the league.

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The Bengals are notoriously cheap...

It kind of has a Marvin Jones / Sanu feeling.  He shows some real promise opposite AJ Green in his walk year, the Bengals cheap out and they reset looking for the complimentary target.  I don't think he can be "The Guy" but I think he's a starting WR in the league.

Their mode has been to pay one WR, AJ, and then cycle through WRs across from him - draft them and then let them walk as FAs, draft more... I think it’s worked pretty well and I would definitely go after Boyd if I’m the Bills.

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Pretty sure we suck.

Helps when the QB and offence are competent and the other team has to respect the passing game and the running game rather then just stacking the box and sending everyone after the QB....