Who are we competing with for the #1 overall pick?

HappyDays

44 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

That may be true but we lack quality and depth all over the field in all 3 phases of the game.

This looks like a bottom 3 team to me.

To the OP's question: Tampa.  I think they have a good shot at being one of the worst teams this year.

Also Denver, Giants, Indy will be bad teams.  Cleveland may not improve that much.

Tampa??

48 points against the Saints Tampa?? With their back up QB.

At this rate we will be lucky to rack up 48 points by week 6.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Ended the 17 year playoff drought.....What have you done for me lately?

Bills fans need to take some Xanax, it's ONE game!

I think this HC doesn't take any crap from anyone and I think some butts will be kicked over this loss. 

I predicted this year this team could go 0-8 like the 2010 team and all the optimists said the line would be fine and the defense even better than last year. So what if they do...

Just now, HappyDays said:

Yeah add the Lions to the list. I guess the upside is if we can get to #2 and the Cards or Lions get the #1 overall they could trade down to a team looking for a QB which means Bosa is still in play.

There are no elite QBs this year. 

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

The Browns fired Captain Cheater. How did that work out? 

More accurately, we cannot sacrifice our future Franchise QB over a few games in a meaningless season. BE SMART! 

Augie , you’re one of those can’t see the forest for the treees types, aren’t you. 

Too many  things can happen and go wrong between now and next year, Allen needs the reps and Our o-line is adequate. 

A lame duck coach is a fired coach...

winners make plans. 

losers make excuses. 

Edited by COTC
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The Lions are no where close to as bad as we are. 

They sure look pretty bad by that score and their new HC looks like a deer in headlights.

I don't think the Jets are as good as they look against the lousy Lions.

Oh, https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-raiders-take-ed-oliver-with-pick-acquired-in-khalil-mack-trade/

Edited by Nihilarian

1 hour ago, COTC said:

Our o line gave Peterman plenty of time yesterday, for the most part. Peterman just hesitated and held onto the ball way too long. When he did throw, Those floaters were terrible. 

Please do tell me who was open?

13 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Think its a 2 horse race between us and the Cards.

Never discount the Lions

The Jets and Browns actually looked like football teams. Even thought I enjoyed Cleveland being the eternal Factory of Sadness and inventing new ways to not win a home game that was handed to them.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Actually, I am very tired, so that’s fair. But I’m not buying your premise. Maybe I can go deeper at another time. I’d take my time with Josh, and not care what anybody else says. Keep your view down the road, not at your feet. 

I agree with Augie......long view not short view.  Keep the kid alive to play the important games...meanwhile trot Peterman out there after his high level meetings and let him take him beating....

1 hour ago, COTC said:

Augie , you’re one of those can’t see the forest for the treees types, aren’t you. 

Too many  things can happen and go wrong between now and next year, Allen needs the reps and Our o-line is adequate. 

A lame duck coach is a fired coach...

winners make plans. 

losers make excuses. 

Dude you are dreaming - the Bills O-Line BLOWS HUGE CHUNKS!  HUGE.  CHUNKS.  They sux!  Wild great line managed to get how many rushing yards Sunday??????  Enlighten me - HOW MANY??????

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

We easily looked like the worst team in the NFL this weekend, right? The only other teams I can think of that have a shot at #1 overall are the Cardinals and Titans. Maybe the Raiders? I like our odds to get Bosa.

Lions are bad.

12 minutes ago, Foxx said:

if indeed we get the number 1 pick, it would be nice if we found out whether or not Allen is going to be our franchise qb. that knowledge could potentially impact what we do with our draft position.

was watching the highlights this morning and the wife remarked "Darnold looks pretty good throwing the ball".   

Yeah...he's got all damn day to sit back there and wait for someone to get open!      I'd like to see our guy get a solid 5 count before hitting a wr down the sideline too. 

11 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

That may be true but we lack quality and depth all over the field in all 3 phases of the game.

This looks like a bottom 3 team to me.

To the OP's question: Tampa.  I think they have a good shot at being one of the worst teams this year.

Also Denver, Giants, Indy will be bad teams.  Cleveland may not improve that much.

I just don't see how a team with the offensive talent that Tampa has is in the race to be honest unless the O-Line completely crumbles (and it looked legitimately good against New Orleans). Tampa has one of the best receiving corps in the NFL, two good TEs, and a north-south runner in Barber. And Jameis was quietly very good last season; he was ranked among the most accurate passers in the NFL when you adjust for how deep he throws the ball on average.

10 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

They sure look pretty bad by that score and their new HC looks like a deer in headlights.

I don't think the Jets are as good as they look against the lousy Lions.

Oh, https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-raiders-take-ed-oliver-with-pick-acquired-in-khalil-mack-trade/

The Lions have good players which is more than I can say about our roster.