Conversation with A Bills Executive

COTC

This morning, I had a conversation with a Bills Executive, who wishes to remain anonymous. This was his thought on the game and general status of the team. 

“Allen showed composure. I like some of the movement under Dabol.

The free agents, o-line and peterman are a waste.

Tampa 2,3 zone 8 yards back made Flacco look like Montana. This is what happens when a insecurity replaces judgement in turning over roster.

Darby for Jordan Matthews. Marcel for a 5th, Watkins, Tyrod and Glenn for picks never selected. Coleman cut Even Benjamin for a third looked like a bust.

Let's just hope I am overreacting and next week we rebound against a team flying west to east. Last night, on a podcast,  Mel Kiper predicted the Bills to have the worst record in football, losing their first 8. Let's hope not.

There is no plan for Allen, however, will now remain the starter”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, COTC said:

This morning, I had a conversation with a Bills Executive, who wishes to remain anonymous.

I call BS.   If there is one thing this coaching staff and front office know how to do (in fact, maybe the only thing they know how to do), it's not leak or talk behind each other's backs...   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Jaraxxus and Lurker did you really feel you needed to make that point.  If you don't like what the poster is saying just move on.  I get tired of people making comments towards posters who do the classy thing and don't throw people under the bus.  If you don't want to believe it that's your call but no one needs to hear it.  It makes people not want to report information.  Last year I had a good conversation with Brandon Spikes and I didn't throw his name out there and got bashed when I passed some of the things I learned from him along that I thought were interesting.  Guess what, it will never happen again.  I spoke with an insider with the Panthers who is very close to Beane and McDermott a few weeks back but those conversations I had will now stay close to the vest.  Thanks COTC, appreciate you passing things along.

Edited by offsides#76FredSmerlas
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, golfball323 said:

lol, i actually could give details on a real live talk with a PSE exec. But that info was for my ears only. Let's just say that his predictions we're right on...

I'm not surprised at all. Pegula was heard by one of my friends to say specifically "we need to bottom out" in regards to the Sabres a few years back.  

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

I bumped into Terry Pegula recently ... some of he things he told me ...hoo boy...

My lips are sealed though...

I cal BS on this, I have heard Terry speak, he says nothing and knows even less.  Now if it was Kim you bumped into, most likely on purpose literally, that I would like to hear.

• Like (+1) 1

Does he work in the Football Operations or an Executive in another department?

I'm not trying to discount your story OP....I'm asking because about 15 years ago, I met a Bills Executive.  He wasn't in Football Operations so he wasn't privy (Doug Whaley!) to any real football stuff.  It was like a coffee break conversation you'd have with a co-worker.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jaraxxus said:

No offense intended, but in today’s environment I don’t put much stock into anonymously sourced information. ?

Yeah. Just trying to share what I heard. Obviously this is nothing breaking, just a thought of an exec with the Bills. 

Really shows the disfunction. 

I don’t think They are happy with Beane or McD. 

Edited by COTC
  • Like (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I’m 50/50 that there was no executive involved 

Reminds me of a story that my boss, who is now a hotel mogul, likes to tell. In 1996, he was working the front desk of a hotel owned by his father. He was in college and starting to feel his oats a bit. A guest called down and said, "I need an Executive Decision."

My boss thought, I'm the owner's son, I can handle this, and said, "Sure sir, I can make an Executive Decision for you, what do you need?

The guest responded, "No, you idiot, I'm trying to buy the Kurt Russell movie "An Executive Decision" and it won't come through on the pay-per-view box in my room.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

To the OP.....perhaps the bills "plan" is to not be good this year and get into the premium picks with 10 picks in hand?

This could TOTALLY be the case.....and a "executive with the bills" would know that

This is another BS post! The same old "I want it now" and they got beat bad so I am throwing a temper tantrum!

1 minute ago, Jaraxxus said:

If I did, I wouldn’t share it here.

Ya got me there! Great response!

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

it sure doesn't seem like there is an actual plan for Allen.

OK, you on your bat phone?

54 minutes ago, ricojes said:

Did this conversation take place during a high level business meeting?

On a mansion or a yacht?

52 minutes ago, offsides#76FredSmerlas said:

Jaraxxus and Lurker did you really feel you needed to make that point.  If you don't like what the poster is saying just move on.  I get tired of people making comments towards posters who do the classy thing and don't throw people under the bus.  If you don't want to believe it that's your call but no one needs to hear it.  It makes people not want to report information.  Last year I had a good conversation with Brandon Spikes and I didn't throw his name out there and got bashed when I passed some of the things I learned from him along that I thought were interesting.  Guess what, it will never happen again.  I spoke with an insider with the Panthers who is very close to Beane and McDermott a few weeks back but those conversations I had will now stay close to the vest.  Thanks COTC, appreciate you passing things along.

Where do these people come from and what is happening to this board?

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

To the OP.....perhaps the bills "plan" is to not be good this year and get into the premium picks with 10 picks in hand?

This could TOTALLY be the case.....and a "executive with the bills" would know that

Judging by the off-season oline additions I think tanking must be the plan.

The 5 year 50 mil contract to Star however, makes me think that maybe these guys just don't know what they are doing. Regardless of if it was planned, with the worst o line and wr corps in the league and a sieve of a defense, the Bills will almost certainly have a top 5 pick in next year's draft. 

35 minutes ago, COTC said:

Yeah. Just trying to share what I heard. Obviously this is nothing breaking, just a thought of an exec with the Bills. 

I don’t think They are not happy with Beane or McD. 

I appreciate it when people share in good faith.

Thanks.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, COTC said:

This morning, I had a conversation with a Bills Executive, who wishes to remain anonymous. This was his thought on the game and general status of the team. 

Tampa 2,3 zone 8 yards back made Flacco look like Montana. This is what happens when a insecurity replaces judgement in turning over roster.

Darby for Jordan Matthews. Marcel for a 5th, Watkins, Tyrod and Glenn for picks never selected. Coleman cut Even Benjamin for a third looked like a bust.

Let's just hope I am overreacting and next week we rebound against a team flying west to east. Last night, on a podcast,  Mel Kiper predicted the Bills to have the worst record in football, losing their first 8. Let's hope not.

This page is filled with insiders

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If the guy is an executive in the football area he is a part of the mess and his opinion means very little.

If he is an executive outside of the football operation his opinion on the football side of things means even less.

What mess.  Oh the one from the last front office they are dealing with.  Look a lot of the players from the last regime didn't fit what they are doing.  50 mil in dead money.  One starting OL forced to retire another lost his mind   I remained optimistic but I'm also realistic.  Some people are just not as logical as others I guess.  Maybe you thought we were going to the Superbowl or something. 

This season for me will be watching our young people so develop.

48 minutes ago, COTC said:

I don’t think They are not happy with Beane or McD. 

OK - so who is above them to be unhappy?  Sounds like BS IMO.

1 hour ago, COTC said:

Doug Whaley?

Buddy Nix?

Rex Ryan?

Whether or not McBeane was strategizing to tank this year and be in a terrific position to use their accumulated draft picks

to maximum advantage, it's a great idea IMHO.

If the next few games are as disastrous as the last, it will certainly cross their minds, if it has't already.

I don't give them that much credit though.........

Beane is a good draft guy, McDermott is just a rah rah guy with limited coaching skill, again IMHO.

1 hour ago, COTC said:

Sure does not sound like an Executive speaking here.  Especially the criticizing line about the trades and the part about no plan for Allen.   Maybe he talked to the Director of Food Services or something else not football related. 

I will admit I was puzzled by Buffalo playing a fairly deep zone in the rain, especially when Baltimore was in man coverage and slowing our receivers up at the line of scrimmage.  McD was completely out coached in this one and coaching was as big a part of this ugly result as was the play of Peterman or the OL. 

• Like (+1) 2