Caption this! KB vs Cam edition

I watched the video on ESPN. 

I’ve seen that same type of confrontation a few times growing up. That look. That’s “so what’s really good then,” shoulder and hand and arm gesturing. The head positioned slightly downward but eyes locked in. 

If that that same type of confrontation happened anywhere else, in any other environment, was not on camera, and didn’t involve multi-millionaires, there’d be a “misunderstanding” and some furniture moving. 

That was rich people being momentarily hood. 

Trust me. 

Edited by Juror#8
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 6

Unconcerned Alpha male vs triggered beta male

15 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

I watched the video on ESPN. 

I’ve seen that same type of confrontation a few times growing up. That look. That’s “so what’s really good then,” shoulder and hand and arm gesturing. The head positioned slightly downward but eyes locked in. 

If that that same type of confrontation happened anywhere else, in any other environment, was not on camera, and didn’t involve multi-millionaires, there’d be a “misunderstanding” and some furniture moving. 

That was rich people being momentarily hood. 

Trust me. 

This happens at work a lot.  I've had employees post up on me like this.  They follow quietly if they must, in the hood it usually results in a cold clock to the back of the head.

At work, they just think i will be scared but fail to realize I'm more hood than them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Unconcerned Alpha male vs triggered beta male

This happens at work a lot.  I've had employees post up on me like this.  They follow quietly if they must, in the hood it usually results in a cold clock to the back of the head.

At work, they just think i will be scared but fail to realize I'm more hood than them. 

This. 

Both guys look bad here, IMO.

Cam interrupted a conversation to start the whole thing. Probably not the best start.

JB looked a bit weak refusing to shake hands and walking away from the conversation.

And maybe on game day, on the field, isn't the best venue for the conversation they need to have. 

To me it looks like Cam is coming up to kind of joke with KB about it (but yeah there is probably some tension behind it). KB doesn't see Cam coming as he's talking to Thomas. Cam playfully bumps KB a couple of times between himself and the other player. But because KB wasn't seeing Cam at first, just getting the bump, he takes it as an aggressive rather than a playful move. So when Cam holds out his hand to shake with KB, KB refuses. Then Cam gets  pissed, like oh this is real? You don't like me? And he starts to get in KB's face. KB backs up a bit to defuse and tries to walk away, feeling it is going to be a confrontation, and then Cam gets more upset. Don't know what was said, but it looks like it was kind of a misunderstanding, like KB was expecting Cam to be pissed and confront him and then thought that's what was happening when Cam's first move was to bump him.

Cam came in hot and KB p****d out. Anyone who thinks Cam was being nice about the whole thing can't read a room. He interrupted a conversation and then stood there with his arms behind his back acting tough, KB obviously wanted no part of Cam at all and could care less about apologizing.

12 hours ago, holla83 said:

Video of the confrontation.  Newton looks like he wants to get punched in the face...

http://dailysnark.com/cam-newton-confronts-kelvin-benjamin-over-comments-prior-to-panthers-bills-preseason-game/

7 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Neither one of these guys will win any awards for class.

I'm not the biggest cam fan, but when you watch the video, it looks like cam walked over with his hand out for a shake, like "no biggie" and KB snubbed him.

Edited by SouthNYfan

12 hours ago, holla83 said:

Video of the confrontation.  Newton looks like he wants to get punched in the face...

http://dailysnark.com/cam-newton-confronts-kelvin-benjamin-over-comments-prior-to-panthers-bills-preseason-game/

Benjamin was wrong, IMO, to mention anything about Carolina, but, no doubt Newton was baiting him there hoping for a physical reaction.  I'm hoping that he broke that NFL pregame rule so he at least gets punched in the wallet.

11 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Being completely objective here i feel Cam did nothing wrong here. He went up to KB and appeared to want to talk things through. Now i obviously dont know what was said in that close proximity. 

The close proximity was too close for normal conversation because Newton kept chesting himself closer to KB.  If he didn't give him a bump early in the conversation it's only because Benjamin was quicker in backing up. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, rodneykm said:

Sadly for us, I think this is what happened and KB b'd out.

I disagree with your characterization, but, you would prefer what? I'm certain that he reacted just as McCoach expected him to.  If that's b'd out in your world then I'm very happy that I'm not in it.  I'm a firm believer that it takes more balls to deescalate a situation than to escalate it. Oh, but he was disrespected!!! Oh, Cam made him look like a B word!!!  You can keep that ****.

6 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Cam came in hot and KB p****d out. Anyone who thinks Cam was being nice about the whole thing can't read a room. He interrupted a conversation and then stood there with his arms behind his back acting tough, KB obviously wanted no part of Cam at all and could care less about apologizing.

& to you that's "pussying" out. A person said some words and he isn't interested in fake apologizing for them and you're going to say he "pussied" out? Vs. what in full view of how many people and cameras?  

You same folks would be first in line to criticize if a confrontation had ensued. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

I'm not the biggest cam fan, but when you watch the video, it looks like cam walked over with his hand out for a shake, like "no biggie" and KB snubbed him.

I saw that too.  Wasn't sure if he was going for a hand shake or not but it did look like it for a second.

16 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I saw that too.  Wasn't sure if he was going for a hand shake or not but it did look like it for a second.

Yeah def.

I mean he could have pretended and been the one who juked kb

Or he could have said some insulting shi* with it, like "hey bro no hard feelings, I know I'm better than you, my $159 million contract and NFL mvp say so *chuckle*"

(I dunno cam's contract I just picked a crazy#)

Edited by SouthNYfan