Bills stadium plans remain unclear

9 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Why exactly does it "have to go down"?  Is there some NFL rule that says we have to? What will the NFL do if we dont? Kick us out?  They didn't kick out KC, Chicago, or Green Bay.  Our stadium is newer than those.

just say no.

Once again I posted a thread weeks ago explaining GB has renovated the stadium for a combined $500 million, Chicago built a new stadium on the old one for $383 back in 2002, and KC did a $375 million dollar renovation. So no our stadium is not newer then any of those and the question which will be posed is a Ralph renovation is estimated just under $500 million. For that price tag is it worth rebuilding or just moving new to downtown.

If you honestly think that the owners in the NFL who are some of the richest and greediest people you will find aren't putting significant pressure on the Pegula's for a new stadium and that the Pegula's themselves don't at least want to consider a stadium by all of their investment downtown then your a fool.

Corta 

Why is it that you think rich people are the ‘greediest’ people? Do you know how much they donate to charity or give back to their community? Just because someone has earned a lot of money doesn’t make them any more greedy than anyone else. There are greedy people in every income level.

My two cents (or maybe two dollars). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Western NY is sitting on one of the most iconic natural landmarks in the world, attracting millions of visitors each year. If the various governmental agencies can’t figure out how to monetize that assest into creating a world class sporting and convention venue then they ALL need to be shown the curb! (And no, it doesn’t mean the stadium needs to be located at The Falls!)

Falls suck dude, borrrringggg. Its literally water falling over a cliff. 

But really, what are you getting at? How are the Falls (which attract "millions" every year) and a stadium related? Like are you suggesting tourists pay a tax and that money is used to fund a stadium? lol 

22 minutes ago, teef said:

i'll fight a french canadian right now!

Wait until you find out that if a French Canadian Roman Catholic is male, his first name is recorded as 'Joseph'.  There were two brothers on the same floor as I during a hospital stay, and they stubbornly couldn't see the headaches this caused for medical staff.

18 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not sure what you mean by bones but the upper decks at NEF are not in good shape. Any retrofit would require tearing them down.

As for domes, I'm old and cranky, I don't party at tailgates like I used to, and I don't like freezing or getting soaked. So guess which I choose?

Im pretty sure the upper decks were all re done or at least worked on this summer/currently

2 hours ago, ALF said:

It would be unfair for the Pegulas to shoulder the full cost. Higher prices and PSL

Say what?  "Unfair"??  That's an interesting take.  Since a new stadium to replace the current one would only advantage Pegulas, why shouldn't they be the ones to pay for it?

They are the only ones in this saga who could build it right now with cash on hand--and they would still be billionaires after they paid the last contractor.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Western NY is sitting on one of the most iconic natural landmarks in the world, attracting millions of visitors each year. If the various governmental agencies can’t figure out how to monetize that assest into creating a world class sporting and convention venue then they ALL need to be shown the curb! (And no, it doesn’t mean the stadium needs to be located at The Falls!)

Western NY is a mid-level market that has a limited world class market potential.. I say this while also including the world-wide tourist appeal of Niagara Falls. From a convention standpoint Buffalo and the region is a lower mid-level to niche convention market. In my opinion the biggest mistake for the area (stake holders) to make is to build a facility that is beyond its capacity to fund. The Pegulas and the government authorities are not going to be involved in a Dallas Fantasy World type facility that Jerry Jones built (with government support) because it's simply beyond its ability to pay for.

I'm not disagreeing with your take so much as scaling it down. The politics of funding a stadium are challenging. But what is even more challenging after crunching the numbers to finance the project is to make the project  financially viable..  What it comes down to is how much of the at least $1 Billion or more project are the Pegulas' willing to pay for? You already are seeing a hesitation (cautiousness) on their part on how much of the burden they are willing to assume. And assuming if this project materializes I don't blame them for their reserve on this issue. 

2 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I’ve had nothing but pleasant encounters with French Canadians. 

Not their fault they’re french.

or Canadian.

first off...you never leave idaho.

second off...i love canada.  we spent a ton of time in niagra, toronto, and ottowa in the last few year, and i always have the best interactions.  i'm not too familiar with the rest of canada, but i have been to montreal and quebec.

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Im pretty sure the upper decks were all re done or at least worked on this summer/currently

They did have repairs done but it was reported those are only temporary fixes. Eventually they will have to come down if you are going to retrofit. At least the lower bowl is solid.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Say what?  "Unfair"??  That's an interesting take.  Since a new stadium to replace the current one would only advantage Pegulas, why shouldn't they be the ones to pay for it?

They are the only ones in this saga who could build it right now with cash on hand--and they would still be billionaires after they paid the last contractor.

If the Pegulas paid the full cost would they raise prices and PSL to recoup some cost ? If season tickets holders sign on , that's fine.

Football belongs outdoors in the weather....

I love watching crazy weather games on my 72 inch HDTV in my nice cozy living room... dome games are boring!

Plus the thought of going indoors to play football of all sports on a beautiful autumn day is just crazy. What will the deep voice football voiceover guy say? When the air conditioned winds blow through the airplane hangers you know it's time for NFL football?

Come on!

Saints games look like they are taking place in a large finished basement. It's awful. I will say Arizona and Minnesota have cool domes, but that's because of all of the natural lighting. I would still prefer an outdoor venue that makes each stadium unique to the massive garages with green carpet tacked to the concrete that all look the same, except for the colors of the end zones.

Pittsburgh and Cleveland should the models in terms of stadiums for the Bills, I think.

Edited by TheFunPolice

51 minutes ago, ALF said:

If the Pegulas paid the full cost would they raise prices and PSL to recoup some cost ? If season tickets holders sign on , that's fine.

They can choose to charge PSLs.  They wouldn't have to.

3 hours ago, corta765 said:

If you honestly think that the owners in the NFL who are some of the richest and greediest people you will find aren't putting significant pressure on the Pegula's for a new stadium and that the Pegula's themselves don't at least want to consider a stadium by all of their investment downtown then your a fool. 

You don' have to be nasty about it.  And no, I am not a fool.

I';m sure they are putting pressure on him.  What kind of pressure do you think they're putting on him? Can they make him do it if he doesn't want to?  I don't know.

You may be right.

I've lived in 2 ciities where they went the new stadium route.  In Dallas you probably already know about the prices.  $100 to park and on and on. 1/2 cent sales tax for the residents. In Seattle, the price went way up too.  You can "tailgate" in a parking garage.  We used to have season tickets and they were $300 a piece.  I'm just doing what I can on a football message board to say I hope buffalo football doesn't come to this regardless of what other cities/teams have done. As a season ticket holder, if the prices do the same in Buffalo, I'd be priced out. 

Where would they get 60,000 people to pony up those kind of bucks in buffalo?

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Well, if one was to use Niagara Falls as its selling point, where the heck else should it be located?

Edited by Binghamton Beast

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

Well, if one was to ise Niagara Falls as its selling point, where the heck else should it be located?

I’m sitting in the Orlando Airport. If you think Disney World is here, you’ve not visited. WNY has to start thinking more regionally. The rest of the country thinks Niagara Falls is in the Buffalo area....they show it during every telecast!

Niagara Falls is an awful idea, as has been hashed over dozens of times and even shot down by the Engineers' study.  Not to mention the local government that makes Erie/Buffalo look efficient and forward thinking.  The Niagara County population base and infrastructure also isn't equipped to handle costs and emergency personnel, etc.  Traffic, the unnecessary and strange fantasy that somehow NF tourist foot traffic will add to football attendance and ticket sales.  It would just take up space and add parking lots.  Fans would also need to breathe in the noxious soup spewed from chemical plants, landfills, and the garbage burn-plant.

It makes most sense for all parties to either perform a huge renovation on New Era Field, or build new on an adjacent lot.  At the very least, any significant build should include a roof, even if it is not enclosed.  It would be nice to limit wind and protect from the direct rain at the very least.  

The infrastructure is there.  The space is there.  

Downtown makes sense, but the amount of land acquisition, demolition, infrastructure demands would add a lot (like double) of cost to an already expensive project of design/construction of the building itself.  There are also a lot of traffic concerns and it can be/is a nightmare even for Sabres games.  We are also talking a very limited number of dates/year so the foot traffic wont support local business to make it worthwhile (we arent getting a lot of events no matter what the facility, most listed are 1-off and/or a fantasy).

Edited by May Day 10

Unlike the original title suggests I'm betting the Bills stadium plans are perfectly clear by now. To them. They've had plenty of time and I bet know what they want to do. Implementing those plans is what is likely starting to churn now. 

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They did have repairs done but it was reported those are only temporary fixes. Eventually they will have to come down if you are going to retrofit. At least the lower bowl is solid.

I thought what would make a retrofit difficult to do is that it would be very difficult to widen the narrow concourses? And I thought that a full throttle retrofit would be a very costly endeavor and making it smarter to use that large chunk of money to build a new facility? 

On 7/25/2018 at 1:33 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Image result for mark with a k starbucks

Come on, man.  This is just plain the post of the day.

Amusing is good.

Funny is better.

I laughed out loud.

EDIT:  Sorry, the post of yesterday. 

I've been busy.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m sitting in the Orlando Airport. If you think Disney World is here, you’ve not visited. WNY has to start thinking more regionally. The rest of the country thinks Niagara Falls is in the Buffalo area....they show it during every telecast!

So, where.

And Disney World is an awful analogy.

Awful.

20 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

that would be awesome, and very easy logistically for all the fans to get there!!!

...and if the toilets back up, well, no biggie. 

There’s a giant flush to take care of it! 

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

...and if the toilets back up, well, no biggie. 

There’s a giant flush to take care of it! 

And the NF water board would be quick to say hey that discharge didn't come from us.

On 7/26/2018 at 9:19 AM, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I believe the upper decks were worked on last year. I guess it's not so strange that wgrz (pro downtown stadium) has not done a story on all the work done this year at NEF. Restoning one of the lots, new roof on the west end clubs, I believe up grading the ribbon board, club remodeling, remodeling in administration building and concession building, stripping and resealing upper south side of practice  barn, and in each parking lot multiple WIFI antenna install. 

• Like (+1) 1