Which Bills Moments Legitimately Made You Cry?

46 minutes ago, holla83 said:

I wouldn't say I've I cried but I've definitely teared up. 

2011- 21 point comeback against the Patriots.

Connor Gorman's Buffalo Bills "Rise and Fight Again" video on YouTube.  Especially the end where it says "Thank you Ralph".

Seeing Kyle Williams celebrate with his kids in the locker room when the Bengals scored. 

My sister cried towards the end of Super Bowl 27 because she was dreading going to school the next day.

I broke my vacuum cleaner when Stevie Johnson and Scott Chandler fumbled the game away against Atlanta in 2013.

I know the feeling.  I had a Bills winter jacket and back then kids had just one heavier winter coat for those cold January and February months.  I dreaded going into schol wearing that coat on Monday after a SB loss

7 hours ago, elroy16 said:

Same here. The heartbreaking games don't make me cry, they just put me in a furious rage. The Jim Kelly Football Life when he and Jill are talking about Hunter, that got me.

Jim Kelly's Hall of Fame speech when he talked about Hunter being the toughest person he knew.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

The only time I cried was the last Super Bowl against the Cowboys. I was pretty young, 3rd grade maybe? That's the only time I cried. 

I felt gutted when Sam Cowart got hurt when he was having a monster year. It's was a 3 person race to the best LB in the league: Cowart, Spikes, Lewis. And Cowart was every bit as good as them before the cheap shot by the TB lineman.

You just brought me back in time to this:

OWINGS MILLS, Md. — Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, furious over statements by two Pittsburgh Steelers, plans to take out his anger Sunday against the AFC Central leaders. Lewis was particularly annoyed over a comment by Steelers running back Jerome Bettis, who was quoted in a magazine article as saying Cincinnati fourth-year linebacker Takeo Spikes is as good as Lewis, but doesn't get the same notoriety because he has a lesser supporting cast. 

“Jerome saying Takeo Spikes is better than me? Let's go find out,” Lewis said. “They have to come here in three, four days regardless of what's coming out of their mouths. Tell him to tape that groin up and come see me at PSINet.”

Bettis missed last week's game against the New York Jets because of a groin injury, but is expected to play in Sunday night's showdown between the defending Super Bowl champs and the Steelers (10-2), who can clinch the division title with a victory. 

Bettis, told of Lewis' rage Wednesday, said he did not intend to slight Lewis, the NFL Defensive Player of the Year and Super Bowl MVP.  “I just said (Spikes) is as good an athlete as Ray Lewis, he just doesn't have the talent around him,” Bettis said. “I'm trying to compliment another guy. So he brings that into a Steelers story? I guess they're jumping on anything right now.”

In the first meeting between the teams, the Ravens won 13-10 when Pittsburgh's Kris Brown missed four field goals. But wide receiver Plaxico Burress said this week that although they lost, the Steelers knocked around the Super Bowl champs.  “We beat those guys up physically. We know it,” Burress said. “All we have to do is go down there and beat them up again this time.”

Lewis' scorn was provoked by Ravens tight end Shannon Sharpe, who told the linebacker what Bettis and Burress said. Sharpe, one of Lewis' closest friends on the team, also thought Bettis' comparison of Spikes and Lewis was way off base. 

“That's like saying, "Dude, Where's My Car' is just as good as "Titanic.' At some point in time, you've got to be realistic,” Sharpe said. “I don't mean no disrespect to Takeo, because Takeo Spikes is a great football player, but he's not Ray Lewis. Let's not fool ourselves.”

Sharpe didn't much care for Burress' comment either, particularly because Burress has a reputation for being far less physical than the Steelers' other wide receiver, Hines Ward.  “I'm not even going to talk about Plaxico. I'm not even going to dignify what he said with a response,” Sharpe said. “If Hines Ward would have said that, as physical as he's played the game, OK, I can at least lend some credence to that one. But Plexiglass, no.”

http://bengals.enquirer.com/2001/12/13/ben_ray_lewis_irked_by.html

The Four Falls of Buffalo stirred up some emotion. Last year when the Bengals beat Baltimore on that freak play had me in a weird place, I didn't cry but I ended up laying on my living room floor not saying anything and just enjoying the moment. 

Only the Music City BS (I was 13), and NEARLY the Cowboys MNF game.

I teared up, but didn't cry for the latter.... I was just so pissed that we collapsed in such epic fashion on our first MNF game in 13 years, all while I was living in Dallas & went to a bar with a bunch of Cowboys fans hoping to pull off the upset (we hadn't won a game I believe, and they were undefeated).

But yeah, besides those 2, the Bills tend to enrage me more than make me want to cry. The McKelvin fumble to lose against the Pats, the choke job on national TV against Brady Quinn, the throttling we got last year on TNF against the Jets...pretty much any nationally televised game the Bills find a way to blow it.

17 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Nah.

Prob shed a tear if we took it all, but that would be for all the dedicated fam and friends that aren’t here anymore to enjoy it.

I thought about this too....what my emotions would be when we win it all.  I have no idea.  

I think I might shed a tear but I also think I might be just so stunned I'll sit in silence.  Watch a little post game, check to see how the board is doing and then make pancakes.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I thought about this too....what my emotions would be when we win it all.  I have no idea.  

I think I might shed a tear but I also think I might be just so stunned I'll sit in silence.  Watch a little post game, check to see how the board is doing and then make pancakes.

Ever make bacon pancakes? Ideal victory meal.

I think it was the home opener in 2015 when Jim Kelly spoke before the game and announced that chemo was successful and his cancer was in remission. My cousin, who is mentally handicapped, had been diagnosed with brain cancer about 4 months prior. His doctors advised our family against letting him go to the Bills games, but my cousin would rather die at a Bills game than miss it. Anywho, Kelly gave his speech and my cousin was barely keeping it together. When we asked him if everything was alright he put on this big grin and said that if Jim can beat it so could he. I completely lost it then and I'm starting to again as I type this now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

My mother's maiden name is Kelly. Around the same time Jim was fighting cancer, I had a grandmother and cousin, both with the last name Kelly, die of cancer. So whenever someone used the phrase "Kelly Tough" to describe his fight with cancer, it always had a more emotional meaning for me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How about pancakes with bacon and sprinkled with some THC products?

I like all those words. It’s all about the butter.

Noted for the tailgate this year....

28 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I like all those words. It’s all about the butter.

Noted for the tailgate this year....

I know....trust me I know.

A few years ago, I was at the pool with some friends.  One buddy of mine thought the cookies I had were regular cookies and boy was he mistaken.  He ate two whole ones. 

These are so powerful that you anything more than a 1/4 of the cookie will put you into outer space.  This was a Saturday and he didn't feel normal again until Tuesday afternoon.  He missed work Monday and Tuesday because he simply could not function and stayed in bed.

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You’re on the team? What number and position are you?

Tears of Joy?  None whatsoever........pulling out chunks of my hair last 2 decades...Absoloutley Yes....thats why i have bald spots all over my head and my dermantologist says its not male pattern baldness....permanent self affliction.....thanks bills!  You owe me a friggin Super Bowl!!

This draft makes me cry, a happy cry not a sad cry. This draft is going to go down as the best draft in Buffalo Bills history. This draft is going to push us forward for the next 10-15 years led by Josh Allen who I feel will be despised around the league like Tom Brady. Miami, Jets and Patriots fans are going to hate Allen for a long, long time.

18 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

This draft makes me cry, a happy cry not a sad cry. This draft is going to go down as the best draft in Buffalo Bills history. This draft is going to push us forward for the next 10-15 years led by Josh Allen who I feel will be despised around the league like Tom Brady. Miami, Jets and Patriots fans are going to hate Allen for a long, long time.

Nice to hear it was a happy cry for you.  I listened to WGR the next morning and it sounded like a funeral.  I think many years were she’s by Bills fans - and they weren’t happy!

• Haha (+1) 1

I've never cried, but I've had some Bills related outbursts of fury.  Wide right, Music City miracle left several broken objects in the house. The thousand of other Billsy moments were mostly met with Bills Turrets Syndrome moments.  As I've aged, I've calmed into mostly grunts and the occasional WTF scream at the tv.

On 5/25/2018 at 2:11 PM, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

My mother's maiden name is Kelly. Around the same time Jim was fighting cancer, I had a grandmother and cousin, both with the last name Kelly, die of cancer. So whenever someone used the phrase "Kelly Tough" to describe his fight with cancer, it always had a more emotional meaning for me.

Outstanding!  Thanks for posting that.

Winning their first AFL title

In the stands with my friends when we finally beat the Fish in 1980

Going to the first Super Bowl

Kevin Everett walking back onto the field

Kelly's retirement speech

When I heard about Ralph's passing

I used to cry about the bills all the time. I mean, just weeping like a god damn kitty. But since I cut soy out of my diet I no longer fall to pieces over a Bills game. Don't get me wrong, I still get excited for a win and bummed over a loss, but my emotions no longer swing like a 13 year old girl on her period.  I am now able to watch grown men I don't know play a game that doesn't matter and still face the world with dry eyes, no matter the outcome. I am liberated.

Edited by Rob's House
  • Haha (+1) 1