Eric Wood looking thin!

That’s what football does to you...

when you work out 6 days a week for professional football you get huge, especially for a lineman 

when you retire, and you stop working out like a pro football player you lose your football weight 

He has that type of body; has to work hard all the time to keep weight UP.  He's not a true "big body" in that sense.

Other guys have to work constantly to keep their weight in check and the moment they retire, the bloat up to 400 lbs.

You can usually tell which is which by the size of their ass.  Not joking.

Another NFL OL with a Wood body type was John Fina.

A guy who didn't have this problem was House Ballard.

PS:  ON a recent Monday segment with Schopp & Bulldog, prior to his retirement, Wood said he would like to be around 260 lb. (as I recall) after retirement.

He mentioned constantly eating and lifting during the season to keep his weight on.

Edited by Fadingpain
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

when you work out 6 days a week for professional football you get huge, especially for a lineman 

when you retire, and you stop working out like a pro football player you lose your football weight 

I'd imagine his caloric intake is slashed by half, too.  Amazing the diet regimen these dudes are on. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Only if you are a certain body type.

Ask William "The Fridge" Perry about "losing" football weight post-retirement.

Dude is a huge land whale.   

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I see it a lot with offensive lineman.

my buddy played football at 6’3 315...

he retired and is probably 6’3 250 now... but yea it’s body type for sure

8 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

He has that type of body; has to work hard all the time to keep weight UP.  He's not a true "big body" in that sense.

Other guys have to work constantly to keep their weight in check and the moment they retire, the bloat up to 400 lbs.

PS:  ON a recent Monday segment with Schopp & Bulldog, prior to his retirement, Wood said he would like to be around 260 lb. (as I recall) after retirement.

He mentioned constantly eating and lifting during the season to keep his weight on.

When  was in Tucson from 2011-2015, Fina would come to the Bills Backers for game day once or twice a year. Great guy but looked nothing like an NFL lineman!

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

right on the money

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I see it a lot with offensive lineman.

my buddy played football at 6’3 315...

he retired and is probably 6’3 250 now... but yea it’s body type for sure

yep---300 LBs is a natural weight for very few people. You need an enormous frame to support that kind of weight and not be fat.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

It always amazes me how some of the OL look like different people after they stop training for football 

PS no Richie this year. Wonder how he’s doing.

Hopefully Richie is getting his stuff together.

My daughter went to the race with her boyfriend. Based on the pics she shared she was very near the finish line. Got some great shots.

23 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Jeff Saturday comes to mind.

I was going to mention him. His weight loss was probably just as fast as Wood's. Mark Schlereth is another one

Edited by holla83
Forgot something.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

He probably can't afford to eat that much anymore with the Bills trying to get the bonus back.

Speaking of offensive linemen, it's always funny to me that one of the best Bills players of all time and consistently great O-linemen Reuben Brown is often forgotten and overlooked, simply because of the Bills teams he played on.

- 8 consecutive Pro Bowls for the Bills from 1996-2003 (9 times overall)

- 4 time All-Pro team

- Started all 181 games he played in

The guy was a beast, but he was after the Kelly era, and not around for long after the playoff drought began, so he doesn't get as much talk as other Bills linemen. Just felt I should do my duty and remind people of his greatness :)

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Gettting big has nothing to do with working out. It has to do with how many calories you put in your body.

If someone works out the same way but doesnt eat the number of calories they do they will be much smaller. People can do the exact same workout and one person can be body builder big and the other can in shape but not really big. It has to do with calories. Also genetics but more so calories.

This should be common sense but apparently not.

Edited by matter2003

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Gettting big has nothing to do with working out. It has to do with how many calories you put in your body.

If someone works out the same way but doesnt eat the number of calories they do they will be much smaller. People can do the exact same workout and one person can be body builder big and the other can in shape but not really big. It has to do with calories. Also genetics but more so calories.

This should be common sense but apparently not.

No your correct. I just forgot to add and eats 6000 calories a day. Don’t  fret

Edited by Buffalo716

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Speaking of offensive linemen, it's always funny to me that one of the best Bills players of all time and consistently great O-linemen Reuben Brown is often forgotten and overlooked, simply because of the Bills teams he played on.

- 8 consecutive Pro Bowls for the Bills from 1996-2003 (9 times overall)

- 4 time All-Pro team

- Started all 181 games he played in

The guy was a beast, but he was after the Kelly era, and not around for long after the playoff drought began, so he doesn't get as much talk as other Bills linemen. Just felt I should do my duty and remind people of his greatness :)

He should be in the Hall of Fame.

• Thank you (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I haven’t known any former professional athletes, but I’ve known a number of former D1 athletes who have a hell of a time keeping weight OFF after their playing days are over. Seems they can have trouble adjusting their caloric intake down after all the years of having to exercise and thus eat like crazy. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Fridge has GBS. Frontline treatment is corticosteroids. The combination of that disease plus that medication makes weight loss nearly impossible.

6 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Yes and he convinced Rusty Jones to leave Bills management position and go back to work for Bears.

Brian Urlacher went from a player injured very often to very solid LB for Bears (Urlacher got Defense player of a year after Rusty Jones had him for offseason).

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

wonder how is political career went?

He is still working with the Kent Foundation and done work overseas.  Talked to him once or twice.

• Like (+1) 1