Rate our 1st round...

2 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

I'd give it an A-.  We got our QB and a stud LB who was way underdrafted (most mocks had him top 10).  Only issue i have is we gave up too much to get Allen.  Both of 2nd round picks to move up 5 spots to 7 is a lot IMO.

you see your QB still available...You can't worry and debate about a 2nd and 3rd round pick....if he goes on to become a Franchise QB none of these will matter.

• Like (+1) 3

Really won't know until December.  It's really funny to see all the wailing and crying in here tonight from TSW "experts."  It's all a crapshoot (draft picks) anyways. Going back in draft history, How many first round picks (for all teams) have turned out to be Duds?  The answer is many.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, FLXbillsmafia said:

The Allen pick was an F. Edmunds was a solid pick, but we traded away #64, so I give it a B+

Averages to a C-. I think we will regret not taking Rosen for a long time.

Why was the Allen pick an F?

Is he a bust and nearing the end of his career already?

• Like (+1) 3

A-

I am impressed that Beane let the draft play out and made the move at the right time. I wanted Rosen like many others at that pick, but now that it’s over I do feel like we got the right QB and Bills fans will learn to love this guy. I had him higher than Darnold though, so  time will tell!

Edmunds is an absolute steal and fills a big need.

• Like (+1) 1

A.

I like the Allen pick. Big, strong, mobile. Can make things happen. Has played behind a bad Oline w/ out all star WR talent on a team that needed him to carry the load and score a bunch anyway. Didn't have great stats, tried to make too much happen sometimes, but that's how it goes. Of course, he needs to fix his feet and work on the crazy throws which is easier said than done. All things said though, he's got more potential to succeed in Buffalo than almost any QB I've seen us grab in a while. Glad we took the risk and w/ AJ in here he doesn't have to pan out immediately he can sit. 

LB is great. Nothing needs to be said there. Everyone agrees on that one. 

6 minutes ago, FLXbillsmafia said:

The Allen pick was an F. Edmunds was a solid pick, but we traded away #64, so I give it a B+

Averages to a C-. I think we will regret not taking Rosen for a long time.

This is about right.

I'm not a fan of trading up in general.

Picking Allen over Rosen will go down as a really bad idea.

Like Edmunds but not as a trade up.

10 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

I'd give it an A-.  We got our QB and a stud LB who was way underdrafted (most mocks had him top 10).  Only issue i have is we gave up too much to get Allen.  Both of 2nd round picks to move up 5 spots to 7 is a lot IMO.

Generally the same comments. Probably a B/B+ grade from me.

I liked rosen but not melting down on allen. Would’ve liked the trade for a 2 plus a day three pick A LOT more and don’t think it’s a crazy valuation on my part but.... we will see. 

The polished mid range passer seemed a better option for a team without any pieces for a deep game but a good bunch of intermediate guys 

Edited by NoSaint

A+

Getting our QB without trading our other first round pick was huge.  Then to land the much needed QB of the defense in Edmunds who I wanted at 12 if we didn't get a QB was huge.  

I love Beane.

Now...time will tell if the picks work out, but today at this moment I think we have done a great job grabbing great prospects at serious positions of need.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

A-

I am impressed that Beane let the draft play out and made the move at the right time. I wanted Rosen like many others at that pick, but now that it’s over I do feel like we got the right QB and Bills fans will learn to love this guy. I had him higher than Darnold though, so  time will tell!

Edmunds is an absolute steal and fills a big need.

I wanted Darnold but WOW does he sound like a meathead.  Allen seems awfully bright.  I'm more than happy because I have hope he is the franchise QB we've been waiting for.  Excited to hear about the process they took to decide on him.