Why is Kaelin Clay back on the roster?

4 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

so we traded Seymour for him, who now starts in Carolina, cut him he went back to Carolina and then we sign as a free agent. He was garbage last time he was here and is still garbage now

Seymour started 2 whole games for the Panthers, had 22 tackles, and was rated "poor" and the 110th best cb in the league by PFF 

4 minutes ago, Wsam4031 said:

waste of $719,999

Is it your money? Money at that amount is pretty much interchangeable against the cap and Clay might not even make the Top 51, and if he did it would be a difference of MAXIMUM 200k.

He's a fast player who can return kicks and play special teams, and there's a good chance he doesn't make the team. Can't see any reason to particularly complain about this move.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

Seymour started 2 whole games for the Panthers, had 22 tackles, and was rated "poor" and the 110th best cb in the league by PFF 

Is it your money? Money at that amount is pretty much interchangeable against the cap and Clay might not even make the Top 51, and if he did it would be a difference of MAXIMUM 200k.

He's a fast player who can return kicks and play special teams, and there's a good chance he doesn't make the team. Can't see any reason to particularly complain about this move.

He started 2 games more for the panthers than clay started for the bills. Not a fan of this move obviously. Thought they could do better in Fa Wr than bringing this guy back

2 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

The simple fact is Clay is quite malleable and can be molded into a variety of shapes to fit the team's needs.

Some say he's a little soft now, but with time he will firm up nicely into a rock hard player.

Only after he’s been fired

1 hour ago, Wsam4031 said:

He started 2 games more for the panthers than clay started for the bills. Not a fan of this move obviously. Thought they could do better in Fa Wr than bringing this guy back

We might still get someone as guys like Maclin are still out there, or guys like Kamar Aiken or Dontrelle Inman are out there and could be had after the draft. 

Edited by The Jokeman

Ask most Panthers fans and they have nothing nice to say about his wide receiving skills after he dropped an easy catch in the end zone which turned out to be a real momentum shifter. Of course he was only playing because of numerous injuries and the trading of Kelvin to you guys.

However he looked really good on kick returns and made a huge difference in a game against the Jets:

He also had a return TD as a raven. 

4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

He's the 2018 version of Brandon Tate: a guy that can be a full-time kick returner and play some snaps at WR in the event of injury

Next question please.

Loved me some Brandon Tate. Thought he was vastly underutilized but every WR was with Tyrod.

4 hours ago, thurst44 said:

In a league with nickel as the base defense 110th puts him just outside the top 96... not something to brag on but some perspective that he’s essentially an above average first guy off the bench based on your numbers

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

We might still get someone as guys like Maclin are still out there, or guys like Kamar Aiken or Dontrelle Inman are out there and could be had after the draft. 

Draft is weak for Wrs . real thin for starters.
Maclin has been on my radar as being on Beanes WR frugal budget still. Beanes is just waiting till he bottoms out lol.

Clay..coming back again ?

not sure what thats about

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Loved me some Brandon Tate. Thought he was vastly underutilized but every WR was with Tyrod.

heck I liked Deonte

23 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Because we suck at that position?

and how :P

8 hours ago, Wsam4031 said:

so we traded Seymour for him, who now starts in Carolina, cut him he went back to Carolina and then we sign as a free agent. He was garbage last time he was here and is still garbage now

There seems to be a lot of traded players starting for other teams. The FO is taking quite the gamble the last 10 months or so. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Wsam4031 said:

Garbage seems like a strong term, but, I agree he isn’t good enough to be on our team.  So, I would think he is a camp body.  I hope he is not on our team.

11 hours ago, billieve420 said:

My only guess is that he was brought back for mainly special team purposes. He is not that fast, I believe he timed in the 4.5 range so maybe they want him for kick or punt return purposes to replace Tate.

I thought 4.5 was fast.... No??

Why do you care about who fills out the back end of the roster so much? No guarantee he even makes the 53, and if he does it is as a 5th or 6th WR / Punt and Kick returner.

People choose the strangest hills to die on.