Manziel Throws at University of San Diego's Pro Day - Also Threw at Texas A&M Pro Day

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

waiting for the Johnny Manziel PARTIES at university of san diego post that is sure to follow this report

I'm hoping he stays out of Tijuana tonight.... No Donkey show for you, Mr. Football...

Go play in Canada for a year and prove yourself.  Prove you can stay clean.  Prove you can dominate the CFL like you did in college.  Prove you're a good teammate and leader.  I wouldn't take a flyer on him at this point.

10 hours ago, kdiggz said:

waiting for the Johnny Manziel PARTIES at university of san diego post that is sure to follow this report

Another rich kid using up his entitlted 62 strikes at the plate with people feeling sorry for him.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

If he had stayed till his senior year would be have come out this year?

He's married.....unless its a cover ;)

16 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Good, Kyle would love to get another shot at Johnny.

Yeah and maybe this one doesn't get called back on a phantom false start ;)

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

Another rich kid using up his entitlted 62 strikes at the plate with people feeling sorry for him.

Exactly.

He doesn't deserve another shot, especially one he didn't earn - and throwing a football around in shorts shouldn't provide him with one.

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

Exactly.

He doesn't deserve another shot, especially one he didn't earn - and throwing a football around in shorts shouldn't provide him with one.

With Oakland re-signing EJ I don't see them even bringing him in to camp. I don't see anyone giving him a shot off of this workout to be honest. I think his best bet is to go play in the CFL and see if he can make it back to the NFL ala Flutie. 

Edited by H2o

Don't teams usually have a 4th guy as an extra arm for a portion of camp ... or maybe for the rookie portion?

I can't remember if we did or not last year.

If we brought him in for a few weeks during the summer, would be some fun days at SJF.  Probably pack the place.

Bring him in. Bring Kap in. The media would be so confused they'd have too much on their plates. Meanwhile, quietly McCarron out performs them both in camp.

Manziel really hasn't proven to be a good QB at the NFL level. I do believe he's matured enough that the off the field stuff is in the past for good. I love reclamation stories like this but it's not gonna happen in Buffalo.

20 hours ago, RiotAct said:

“Tell Johnny Football Hero he played a great game. Tell him you loved his article in the paper!!!”

I'm popular! (Great song, btw)

Manziel could have went to the CFL to rebuild his career. But no, Johnny Football will only play in the NFL because...he's Johnny Football. To me, it looks like he's not changed one bit. Still a selfish personality.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, kirkwoodus13 said:

Sign Johnny... He is better than Allen for sure... Plus we get to keep all our picks.. The guy is talented... Everyone knows it.. 

Everyone knows he never bothered studying his playbook in college or in Cleveland and was usually last in, first out. I wouldn't touch him until he's demonstrated a complete reversal of form in that regard. Let him be somebody else's experiment. That said, I hope the kid can truly turn it around because he does have some talent as you said. 

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Manziel could have went to the CFL to rebuild his career. But no, Johnny Football will only play in the NFL because...he's Johnny Football. To me, it looks like he's not changed one bit. Still a selfish personality.

CFL would be the best place to show he's turned it around off the field. 

Johnny Manziel's potential NFL landing spots: Eight team fits

1) Buffalo Bills: We entered the offseason with a handful of teams demonstrating a clear need at the quarterback position, and all but one -- Buffalo -- found at least a short-term answer. With the Bills' current best option being AJ McCarron and second-best Nathan Peterman, this franchise is squarely in the market for another signal-caller. Much has been made about the Bills' ability to trade into the top five to grab a quarterback, but taking a flier on Manziel wouldn't be a crazy idea. After all, it is where hestruck his famous coffin pose.

YellowishHelpfulBeardeddragon-max-14mb.g

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I was not a believer even discounting all of the off-field stuff.  I think the guy that made him was Mike Evans catching Manziel’s prayers after he ran around in the backfield for 10 seconds.

i DO think that Baker Mayfield is a very good NFL prospect.  I think his game is strong and his off field transgressions were not anything compared to many other players.

Edited by OldTimer1960

On 3/22/2018 at 4:07 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't really know what I am talking about. It looks like on a few of the passes the WR has to adjust his running speed to catch  the passes with a slight pause until the ball hits his hands. One time the wr adjust his speed a bit faster to catch up to the ball. 

I'm not saying it isn't normal or anything because I don't really know what I would be looking for as couch scout. Just wondering what people think. It didn't look like a natural flow the entire time. The best looking throws is when the camera pans away from Johnny. 

13 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Exactly.

Why not?

12 hours ago, Mojo44 said:

Why not, they actually traded for Taylor! 

They were not the only ones in that confo

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Was the pay not enough maybe

46 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If true that only proves my point. The guy needs to worry about rehabbing his reputation, not earning a fat check. Red flag.

Sorry I'm a maintenance tech.  I'm getting my market value or I'm going fishing.  I'm sure as heck not going to Canada.  Who are you to say whether someone should be willing to relocate to another country if they don't feel the money is right.

I suppose Tebow is a bad person as well in your mind.

40 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Can he play WR?We need a few..

We will draft Lamar Jackson for that.:D

Edited by formerlyofCtown

10 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Sorry I'm a maintenance tech.  I'm getting my market value or I'm going fishing.  I'm sure as heck not going to Canada.  Who are you to say whether someone should be willing to relocate to another country if they don't feel the money is right.

I suppose Tebow is a bad person as well in your mind.

We will draft Lamar Jackson for that.:D

Have you done the things that JF has done? Domestic assault? Not take your job seriously? If you were blackballed in your field, wouldn't you want to show people you can be upstanding by taking a job somewhere and do well? Your paycheck is less important right now. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot