Bills hosting Matt Moore per Albright retweet - Rodhak says not so fast

28 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Moore played for Miami at 1.75 million per year.

We need 4 guys in camp and with Peterman and rookie with no experience, why not get a cheap old timer?

Peterman-Doesn't have a lot of experience

Rookie

A guy like Moore/Anderson/McCown (If he signs cheap enough)-Lot's of camp/backup experience

Another vet who can be the 2018 starter on a short length contract (Bridgewater)

Now that you put it that way. 2 mill or less 1 yr deal for experienced camp arm with no dead cap if he does not make the final 53 is not a terrible idea.

These NFL QB's on the edge of making a living in NFL must be drooling over the number of "bridge" QB deals opportunities to show what they have with a full training camp as starter like most never had before. Some could be Case Keenum 2.0

Edited by cba fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

It could also mean that McDermott prefers having a veteran QB as a backup. If they end up signing another FA QB and drafting a rookie could signal the end of Peterman on the active roster at least.

He and Beane have stated the importance of there being a veteran in the room. Moore might not be active on Sundays, but is really important when it comes to film study and things of that nature, especially if you are drafting a young guy. Having a guy like Moore gives you like an extra coach who can still play if needed. 

12 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Now that you put it that way. 2 mill or less 1 yr deal for experienced camp arm with no dead cap if he does not make the final 53 is not a terrible idea.

These NFL QB's on the edge of making a living in NFL must be drooling over the number of "bridge" QB deals opportunities to show what they have with a full training camp as starter like most never had before. Some could be Case Keenum 2.0

Thanks for seeing my point.  I would rather have McCown in that role than Moore but you get my drift.

Lots of NFL HCs/OCs think McCown can be a great QB coach, we could use one of those.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

when did "bridge QB" become a thing? Starting to get overused a bit

I know, right?  Seems as though 20 teams in the NFL are looking for a "bridge QB" these days.

1 hour ago, nucci said:

when did "bridge QB" become a thing? Starting to get overused a bit

As I said before.....

THIS.  OFFSEASON.  CAN.  NOT.  END.  SOON.  ENUF!

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

This is why we need a system here.  This is a BS twitter account.

We Need A PROCESS!  DAMMIT!

Edited by Kwai San

My question to the general audience is why we want any of these guys.  Matt Moore, Chad Henne, Drew Stanton, Derek Anderson, etc. are all retreads.  I would rather see Nate Peterman crash and burn for a year while they're getting a guy ready to be the starter.  Other than the "process", what is a rookie going to learn from a below average NFL quarterback?  I say that the answer to that question is nothing.  They're not going to learn anything more from a 35 year old journeyman than they will from Peterman, who at least has a year under his belt.  This is especially true if they trade up to get their guy, which seems pretty evident after moving on from Tyrod.  This team does not need an open QB competition to determine who the starter will be this year.  They need a definitive game plan.  I firmly believe that the draft has to happen FIRST, unless they decide that one of these guys out there that will be available is starter material.  In that case, a signing would certainly be showing their hand.

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Also saw that we should be looking at Henne as well

Nate Geary Retweeted WGR 550

Don't freak out, but @AllbrightNFL mentioned Matt Moore and Chad Henne as veteran options for the Bills in 2018... Check out our interview here:

https://tinyurl.com/yd7v2pfq

And Derek Anderson (Yikes) with his carolina connection!!!!

Been saying Matt Moore for some time now.

You don’t go into the draft knowing you may trade 5-6 picks to sit your drafted QB, not in this day of the NFL... You’re gonna give him every opportunity to start.

Moore would be the best option to sit behind a Rosen, plus he’s a UCLA grad as well.

expect picks 21, 53, 65 plus 2019 1st and 3rd round picks.

That will leave us with #3(?), 22, 56, 96 in first 3 rounds

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Benjamin Allbright Retweeted

Grant Gilchrest @Gilchrestsports 42m42 minutes ago

I’m told the #Bills will host FA QB Matt Moore this week. Has ties to new OC Brian Daboll.

Mike RodakVerified account @mikerodak 2m2 minutes ago
Source says there is no truth to unsubstantiated Twitter rumor that QB Matt Moore is visiting the Bills this week.

This is comical.

2 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

All but certain that we trade up if we land Moore. Get er done!

Yeah, I can’t see it any other way. Of course, I’m of the mind that that’s happening regardless of who we sign. Even something as absurd as 39 year old Drew Brees (which won’t happen, just sayin’). The plan seems to scream “MOVING UP!” 

But I’m wrong all the time....     :huh:

On 3/12/2018 at 12:03 PM, ProcessTheTrust said:

McBeane - "Hey, you are a bridge, you know it, now go out and see if you can prove to be more than that long-term for someone else".

Moore - "Where do I sign?"

I had the impression Moore's competitive fires were banked and he was content with getting paid to be Tannehill's lifeline and throw for the scout team.

He last played significant time, what, 7 years ago?