Gronks home was broken into while he was at the Superbowl

34 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Thanks. Remember this as a lesson. It's a common occurrence. Criminals will search the obituaries looking for an elderly couple where one of the spouses die. The obit usually says when the calling hours and funeral are. They drive by during the calling hours, and if no one is there, they plan their break in. Having learned this the hard way, I now tell all my clients to keep a friend at the house during calling hours and funeral (preferably with a handgun). Have that friend keep the lights off and just sit.  We had a family friend (police officer) do that for the second night of calling hours.

That is terrible what happened to your grandmother and I agree that leaving someone at the house and even having that person be armed is a good idea, but why wouldn't it be better to make it as obvious as possible someone is there by doing something like having lights and the tv on and walking around with the shades open? Seems to me that doing that would prevent the burglar from making a move on the house to begin with, rather than luring them into a potential armed conflict in the dark.

• Thank you (+1) 1

no security system from what it appears.  Totally odd.  

Next up: Gronk doing an ad for "Simply Safe", ADT, or Guardian! 

1 hour ago, westside said:

To bad they didn't switch out his HGH bottles with Estrogen!?

you want him to turn into Tom Brady !

2 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Thanks. Remember this as a lesson. It's a common occurrence. Criminals will search the obituaries looking for an elderly couple where one of the spouses die. The obit usually says when the calling hours and funeral are. They drive by during the calling hours, and if no one is there, they plan their break in. Having learned this the hard way, I now tell all my clients to keep a friend at the house during calling hours and funeral (preferably with a handgun). Have that friend keep the lights off and just sit.  We had a family friend (police officer) do that for the second night of calling hours.

yeah, this is standard advice on how criminals operate.  You would think that the Pats*** would recommend to all its players that they get security systems and/or have someone at their house during ALL away games.  

Also, very sorry to hear about your Grandmother.  I hope they caught those mf'ers.  

3 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

The poor guy. Super bowl loss. House broken into.

He has a lot of pressures and frustrations. You can't really blame him for trying to paralyze Tre White.

mic-drop-2boom.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Doing something stupid like not having a security system installed on your expensive house and when you're a celeb?  Yeah, totally not odd for him.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, simool said:

I hope they made sure to urinate on his couch.

Take a crap in his coffee pot.

Spray paint his cat.

Microwave utensils.

Dump a bucket of pig blood in the middle of his bed.

Break the shut off floats off his toilets.

Use a rubber mallet to pound a bag of russets up the tailpipe of his beloved vehicle.

Too far?

Upon consideration, not far enough.  All that stuff would be found instantly and cleaned up by ServiceMaster within a few hours.

Remember Jack Lemmon and the fish hidden in his car from "Grumpy Old Men", or the various stories of the shrimps hidden in the hollow curtain rods?  Now, That.

"Yes, I am still salty about his dirty hit  assault with a deadly weapon on Tre White.  Why do you ask?"

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

"... his assistant will help him file an insurance claim. "

Assistant:  "OK Gronk, claim form filled out.  Just sign you name."

Gronk:  "What's my name?"

Assistant:"R-O-B G-R-O-N-K-O-W-S-K-I"

Gronk:  "How do you make an 'R'?"

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

...Gronk does have the means to pay for a top-flight security system

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

...but when Gronk had the ability to install state of the art security

23 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Doing something stupid like not having a security system installed...

Didn't work out so well for the last Patriots***** gun-toting TE though.

I hope they made sure to urinate on his couch.

Take a crap in his coffee pot.

Spray paint his cat.

Microwave utensils.

Dump a bucket of pig blood in the middle of his bed.

Break the shut off floats off his toilets.

Use a rubber mallet to pound a bag of russets up the tailpipe of his beloved vehicle.

Too far?

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I object to spray painting the cat.  No reason to torture an innocent animal.  Just get into his AV system and replace PX90 Insanity with Richard Simmons.

Yeah that was too far.  Rolled off the finger tips.

What if you used hypo-allergenic, pet friendly face paint and you limited it to painting an Eagles helmet on his cat's head?  Would that be acceptable? 

Edited by transient
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Crime is always horrible.  Gronk does have the means to pay for a top-flight security system or even a PA to stay in his property while he's gone.

I have more sympathy for crime victims who don't have those choices than for Gronk, who does, but who may not have chosen to spend the $$.

Now if it proves to be an "inside job" by someone Gronk trusted and gave access to, that's sad for him.

Now now, maybe they did.  And if they did, I hope they used Bird poo, as the most appropriate.

Gronks parents hold on to his money, maybe a security system was just to much hassle.

40 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Anytime someone's house is broken into it's a terrible thing. Except when that guy's a complete piece of **** and a multi-millionaire to boot. Then it's just kind of funny.

It is a terrible thing.   Yet a lot of people have security systems and we're not millionaires 

All kidding aside, I think if you spent 10 minutes quietly chatting with Rob Gronkowski in a focused, one-on-one manner about anything...you would conclude he is possibly the dumbest adult you have ever talked to.  Ever.

Not joking.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

!@#$ him. Wish they smeared the walls with poo and left all the toilet seats up.

Even better, fix the chain in the tank so the flapper does not make a complete seal, so his water constantly runs. Just wait till he gets the next water bill!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Criminals who feel entitled will prey on others...but when Gronk had the ability to install state of the art security, hire guards, house sitters, etc., he won't be out too much.... his assistant will help him file an insurance claim. 

He probably "lost" a lot of stuff he did not want any more and will get full price on items from insurance claim and have the money to spend again.  No wonder he has not spent any of his game money!

Hoping they left him something special in his bed...

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, CLTbills said:

hopefully leaving an upper-decker in Gronk's master bathroom.

And in all other bathrooms.

And in the toaster.

And in the oven.

And in the microwave.

And in the TV cabinet. 

*takes an indian food break*

And in the dresser

And in the kitchen cabinet

And in the mailbox

And in the desk.  

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Crime is always horrible.  Gronk does have the means to pay for a top-flight security system or even a PA to stay in his property while he's gone.

I have more sympathy for crime victims who don't have those choices than for Gronk, who does, but who may not have chosen to spend the $$.

Now if it proves to be an "inside job" by someone Gronk trusted and gave access to, that's sad for him.

Now now, maybe they did.  And if they did, I hope they used Bird poo, as the most appropriate.

Wasn't it Gronk who said last year that he hadn't spent any of the salary he's received from the Pats?