Gronk Misses $2 Million Incentive

12 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

Not yet...Gronk needs to miss out on the All Pro team too. We are rooting for Kelce to get the nod over Gronk, then he missed out on the 2 million.

That's not going to happen.

45 minutes ago, Doc said:

He also plays with a far better QB.

He does, but Gronkowski is just a better player. That strikes me as obvious. I'll go as far as to say that he's the most dominant TE in league history, and the competition isn't close.  Also, re: Kelce, he's in a good situation with a thrower like Alex Smith, who doesn't challenger CBs down the field. He loves the outlet TE,  and he was good to Vernon Davis in SF too.

Edited by dave mcbride

27 minutes ago, MJS said:

They do if everything else is equal. It still comes down to voting, right?

Everything else is not equal.  Did Kelce get suspended for assault?

19 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He does, but Gronkowski is just a better player. That strikes me as obvious. I'll go as far as to say that he's the most dominant TE in league history, and the competition isn't close.  Also, re: Kelce, he's in a good situation with a thrower like Alex Smith, who doesn't challenger CBs down the field. He loves the outlet TE,  and he was good to Vernon Davis in SF too.

He may be the most dominant TE in history.  But the team wins just fine without him.

Sometimes the AP actually will vote against someone who has been a toe rag. A bit like the HOF voters will sometimes keep guys out because they don't like their attitude.

Getting suspended for stuff on the field, isn't exactly going to endear him to them, especially as many of them expressed dislike/disgust for the cheap shot.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Dalton said:

His dirty hit cost him a game check and likely a $2 million incentive that he missed.  I suspect even losing $ will not teach him a lesson.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-patriots-didnt-target-gronk-once-in-week-17-and-it-cost-him-a-2m-bonus/

He wont notice the money until after he's done playing and is broke for partying and remembers that $2M he lost when he was a complete idiot beyond his normal idiocy.

Good!!! Lost total respect for him for what he did to White. His punishment was even more embarrassing for a league that says it cares about player safety. I so wanted the Bills to do the exact same thing to Brady when he was on the ground. It would be a player that had no prior history of suspensions or fines and then he could say he was frustrated by the lack of holding the referees weren't calling which led to him acting out on Brady. What could the NFL do since they set the bar with what Gronk did? If our player was suspended for more than one game it would look like favoritism to the Patriots. It also would of told the Patriots this isn't your same old BIlls team! More of a baseball or hockey mentality. You do that to one of our players, someone else is going to get it on your team! Would stop this nonsense real quick.