More from obd

18 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Source confirmed the following today.   Building the stadium will begin in 2022 with play beginning in 2024. The stadium will seat 67,500 people. It will be open air with natural turf.  The stadium will be part of a complex that will include the following: (1) Field house, (2) outside practice field, (3) Buffalo Bills Hall of Fame, (4) surrounded by mall and hotels.  Terry has insisted on the following things: (1) Must be fan friendly - parking facilities to accommodate tailing gating (2) Family family and (3) high tech.  The game day experience will be improved for families with children under the age 16.  Next to the field house and Bills Hall of fame a family entertainment center will be built. Throughout the year, there will be activities set-up for visitors.  Kids will be able pass, punt, and kick within the facility along with displays, video, and bills store.  On game day, only adults with children under the age of 16 will be admitted to the area.  Terry wants to ensure intoxicated people cannot enter.  At the field house each week, The Bills will be bringing back former Bills to people to meet.  There will be no charge to enter and no charge for autographs.

I am not an RV person but my source says this will be huge for those people with a RV.  RVs can arrive on Friday and there will be 25 premium spots for RVs close to the stadium.  The premium sites will have full hook-ups (Water, electric and sewer). Only season ticket holders will be able to rent these spots.  The stadium will have the most recent technology for game time experience.  Hard to imagine what will be available in 6 years.  Stadium will also feature satellite parking  with Bus service to gate for easy access to and from game. Terry wants at least 75 luxury suites.  One suite will be called the twelve man and will be auctioned off each week to raise money for charity and 100 game day tickets will be given away to needy children.

Stadium is east of Buffalo with easy access to Rochester and Toronto.  Needs corporate money for suites.  For the first three years, there will be a minimum fee for what there are calling, Seating Agreement License Tax (SALT) that will have fund stadium.  Terry does not want or think NY State will kick in money with public funds.

Coming soon more news on Cousins  as discussions are heating up behind the scenes.

Terry must want 3/4 of the stadium empty.  

21 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

On game day, only adults with children under the age of 16 will be admitted to the area.  Terry wants to ensure intoxicated people cannot enter. 

One is definitely not exclusive of the other. 

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Good stuff, Don.  Thank you.

....so they would have to negotiate a two year extension when lease expires in 2022 before new stadium is open in 2024......retractable stadium like Lucas Oil Field which I believe was around 700 mil would make more sense in a year round setting with hotels, restaurants, retail, etc.....New Era does retain right of first refusal for naming rights with a built in escalator clause for those rights on new facility.....

Sounds good. 

Surprised to hear its (supposedly) east of Buffalo, though. I thought for sure it'd be downtown. 

Hope they don't build it too far to the East. I don't have much interest in driving to Rochester for a game. 

If its east of Buffalo, I'm thinking maybe Batavia. I believe there was talk of a possibility of a stadium built there IIRC. 

22 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

26 minutes ago, teef said:

my day just got slightly better, and my pants a bit shorter.

You sir are not allowed in the family area on game day

22 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Mine came completely off!

Neither are you ?

Edited by Starr Almighty
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Badthingsman said:

Terry must want 3/4 of the stadium empty.  

Only to get into family center.   I think it’s cool most places say people under 16must be accompanied by an adult, here parents must be  accompanied by a child. he is not stopping drinking but he doesn’t want someone drunk ruining the family center for kids.

Edited by Dunkirk Don

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Any updates on the new stadium?

east of downtown buffalo

28 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Terry wants to ensure intoxicated people cannot enter.  At the field house each week, The Bills will be bringing back former Bills to people to meet.  There will be no charge to enter and no charge for autographs.

Hahahahaha

Good luck with that.   

I see a half empty stadium 

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

Sounds good. 

Surprised to hear its (supposedly) east of Buffalo, though. I thought for sure it'd be downtown. 

Hope they don't build it too far to the East. I don't have much interest in driving to Rochester for a game. 

If its east of Buffalo, I'm thinking maybe Batavia. I believe there was talk of a possibility of a stadium built there IIRC. 

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

....think downtown would be a logistical traffic nightmare with access from three directions...would need mega millions of Federal funding to revamp the highway system....by the time they approved it, we're talking 2061 at the earliest......without that revamping, imagine going to a Bills game with the Sabres in town the same night.....I'm thinking if you went to the home opener, probably don't make it home for Thanksgiving.....Batavia is too far as maintaining Buffalo lore....all they have is the Muckdogs which just folded....probably an eastern Buffalo suburb is a better guess..............

2 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Only to get into family center.   I think it’s cool most places say people under 16must be accompanied by an adult, here parents must be  accompanied by a child. he is not stopping drinking but he doesn’t want someone drunk ruining the family center for kids.

Shoot, Bills fans start drinking by age 15.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

That all sounds very cool, but what exactly is “east of Buffalo”? 

I was using the idea of easy access to Toronto AND Rochester as the binding factors.  Meaning it can't be too far from the 90 and not too far from either the Peace Bidge or the Lewiston-Queenston bridge.  A place like Batavia while east of Buffalo is certainly too far from the border to be considered easy access for Toronto.   UB is technically "east" of Buffalo as is Cheektowaga, as is Orchard Park if you are creative enough.  To have the retail he was discussing almost necessitates that it be near SOME center of population.  Putting it at (or adjacent to) UB also makes sense in reference to the discussed light rail extension to UB which would then effectively link the Pegula empire together.  UB is also the sort of place that can absorb a big parking lot without it looking out of place when it's not a football day.  Beaver Stadium, for example, is on the edge of campus and has acres of parking which are just used for other purposes the rest of the non-football year.  The current Boulevard Mall (whose parent company is struggling mightily I might add) also might offer a large enough footprint of land in an already commerical area that is on the planned light rail extension, in between 2 exits of the 290, bracketed on all sides by existing 4 lane roads and essentially at the end of the 990.

I'm hoping they don't park it way out in the boonies where there will only be 1 primary access road.  If they put it much further out than Transit Rd. then the 90 becomes the main road for almost everyone.  Obviously there are other routes, just like there are other routes to NEF but NEF has 2 highways in immediate proximity and a 4 lane and largely empty rt 5 to serve it. 

Of course they will be coy with exact locations for awhile so as not to bid up of the price of the real estate they want to buy.