More from obd

There is so much juicy stuff in here.  A few of my quick thoughts:

1)   I'm going to assume that the info is "true" in the sense that it genuinely reflects what DD was told by someone who claims to be connected to insiders.  Whether that makes it factually true or not, time will tell - and inasmuch as much of it involves predicting events that will happen, obviously things can change and DD has admitted as much.

2)   To the numerous posters making wisecracks, pointing to their "junk," questioning the bona fides of DD, etc., I'm going to do you all a favor.  Since self-awareness is probably the rarest quality in all of humanity, I'm going to tell each of you something about yourself that, given the tone and content of your posts, you probably aren't aware of: you are a jerk.  Your co-workers think you're a jerk and say as much behind your backs.  Some of your family and friends even think you're a jerk.  You find yourself funny but other people don't, even if they pretend to in order to be nice or because you're their boss and they don't want to upset you.  But make no mistake, you're a jerk.

3)   I love that there are leaks within OBD concerning highly sensitive stuff such as where the new stadium is likely to be built, a rift between McD and Beane, and thoughts about personnel at the most important positions - BUT when it comes to Dennison, the lid goes back on.  So Billsy, that.

4)   Sounds like the bizarre, semi-horizontal front office structure that the Pegulas for some reason insist on maintaining is already, and once again, causing dysfunction.  It is incredible to me that they have not learned their lesson by now.

5)   I don't doubt that McD is already wearing thin with some of the players and staff.  He set himself up for this: if you come in as a first-time HC, tear out the video game systems, and bench and trade away respected veteran talent, you sure as heck better win games.  He's won some, but not enough to justify all of those changes.

6)  I don't know who the KC player is and wouldn't be able to speculate on that, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Alex Smith becomes a target in the offseason assuming KC goes younger at that position.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

As I said elsewhere, Bradford has looked like an elite starter in his last few full-game starts. His last three games:

34/50 for 382 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 110.6 rating

25/33 for 250 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, 114.5 rating

27/32 for 346 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 143.0 rating

He is a good player at this point in his career. However, his knee is a scarred-over mess of spaghetti. That's the issue with him, not his talent or performance. If the knee somehow ends up being OK, he can be a high end starter. But given the history of that knee, it is simply too much of risk to invest in. 

Last three games?  Come on!  Why not just try for Nick Foles who had a whole season where he looked elite!

In the few full season's he has played, Bradford is good for 20 +/- Tds and 13+/- ints.  He's never been elite. He's broken and can't be fixed.  He will never paly a full season again.  What else does he have to do to prove this to you at this point?

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

1)   I'm going to assume that the info is "true" in the sense that it genuinely reflects what DD was told by someone who claims to be connected to insiders.  Whether that makes it factually true or not, time will tell - and inasmuch as much of it involves predicting events that will happen, obviously things can change and DD has admitted as much.

2)   To the numerous posters making wisecracks, pointing to their "junk," questioning the bona fides of DD, etc., I'm going to do you all a favor.  Since self-awareness is probably the rarest quality in all of humanity, I'm going to tell each of you something about yourself that, given the tone and content of your posts, you probably aren't aware of: you are a jerk.  Your co-workers think you're a jerk and say as much behind your backs.  Some of your family and friends even think you're a jerk.  You find yourself funny but other people don't, even if they pretend to in order to be nice or because you're their boss and they don't want to upset you.  But make no mistake, you're a jerk.

3)   I love that there are leaks within OBD concerning highly sensitive stuff such as where the new stadium is likely to be built, a rift between McD and Beane, and thoughts about personnel at the most important positions - BUT when it comes to Dennison, the lid goes back on.  So Billsy, that.

4)   Sounds like the bizarre, semi-horizontal front office structure that the Pegulas for some reason insist on maintaining is already, and once again, causing dysfunction.  It is incredible to me that they have not learned their lesson by now.

5)   I don't doubt that McD is already wearing thin with some of the players and staff.  He set himself up for this: if you come in as a first-time HC, tear out the video game systems, and bench and trade away respected veteran talent, you sure as heck better win games.  He's won some, but not enough to justify all of those changes.

6)  I don't know who the KC player is and wouldn't be able to speculate on that, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Alex Smith becomes a target in the offseason assuming KC goes younger at that position.

I’l ask my wife and kids tonight, while at the dinner table, if they think I’m as much of a jerk as Coach Tuesday thinks I am.

Thanks, coach. Now I have a complex.

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Which NFL stadiums have been financed via issuance of corporate bonds?

See above

I have no idea which stadiums, It wasn't my idea, I was just saying that bonds dont ONLY come from the government....corporations/businesses are allowed to issue bonds as well

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Last three games?  Come on!  Why not just try for Nick Foles who had a whole season where he looked elite!

In the few full season's he has played, Bradford is good for 20 +/- Tds and 13+/- ints.  He's never been elite. He's broken and can't be fixed.  He will never paly a full season again.  What else does he have to do to prove this to you at this point?

As I said in two posts above (and elsewhere), his knee is too much of a risk. I thought that was clear. That being said, he played very well in 2016 despite having the worst running game I've seen in the past few years (32nd in both yards and YPA). He completed 71.6 percent of his passes, which is staggeringly high, had a 99+ rating, and he lit up a very good Saints team like an Xmas tree in game one this year. Players -- especially QBs -- often do get better over time assuming they have the requisite physical talent because they learn to deal with the complexity of the game. Bradford is one of those guys, at least in my view.  I also will reiterate that the Vikings' running game was historically terrible last season. 

But to repeat (which I apparently I need to do given your post above!), his knee would scare me off.

Edited by dave mcbride

10 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

god...some people on this site are soft, and you're leading the bunch.  

Edited by teef

I'd say F- everything else and go get Cousins.  He wants nothing to do with DC after this season.  He got jerked around too much by Bruce Allen.  If Cousins becomes unattainable then move up to get one of the college guys.  I'd stay away from Bradford, A. Smith, etc,,,

4 minutes ago, teef said:

god...some people on this site are soft, and you're leading the bunch.  

Yes, go ahead and stick to Mike Enoch/The Right Stuff manual for being an online troll.  Step one: act like a jerk and say something deliberately provocative, preferably anonymously.  Step two: wait for a reaction, then make fun of the person reacting for being too "soft" or "emotional."  You, Joe Sixpack, and a few other mouthbreathers around here are well-versed in those tactics.  Congrats.  My point (2) still stands.  Folks like you are the reason the internet sucks.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Yes, go ahead and stick to Mike Enoch/The Right Stuff manual for being an online troll.  Step one: act like a jerk and say something deliberately provocative, preferably anonymously.  Step two: wait for a reaction, then make fun of the person reacting for being too "soft" or "emotional."  You, Joe Sixpack, and a few other mouthbreathers around here are well-versed in those tactics.  Congrats.  My point (2) still stands.  Folks like you are the reason the internet sucks.

my god. you really are soft. the internet isn't for everyone.  if you can't take simple ribbing from posters, maybe you need to take a break.  listen...if you want to be gullible enough to believe the op, have at it.  sure these threads are fun for discussion, but give me a break.  the op can't string a simple sentence together, and then pouts that he's going to take his ball home with him.  a lot of the reaction he garnered is on him, and him alone.   sack up a bit bud.  with that weak disposition, i can't imagine you'll get very far in life.

14 minutes ago, teef said:

my god. you really are soft. the internet isn't for everyone.  if you can't take simple ribbing from posters, maybe you need to take a break.  listen...if you want to be gullible enough to believe the op, have at it.  sure these threads are fun for discussion, but give me a break.  the op can't string a simple sentence together, and then pouts that he's going to take his ball home with him.  a lot of the reaction he garnered is on him, and him alone.   sack up a bit bud.  with that weak disposition, i can't imagine you'll get very far in life.

I'm not the subject of the "ribbing."  I'm just calling you out for acting like a jerk, which you are.  If you think "look at my junk" is a healthy contribution to this forum - or society in general - someone needed to tell you that you're wrong about that.  Self-awareness isn't your strong suit.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

As I said in two posts above (and elsewhere), his knee is too much of a risk. I thought that was clear. That being said, he played very well in 2016 despite having the worst running game I've seen in the past few years (32nd in both yards and YPA). He completed 71.6 percent of his passes, which is staggeringly high, had a 99+ rating, and he lit up a very good Saints team like an Xmas tree in game one this year. Players -- especially QBs -- often do get better over time assuming they have the requisite physical talent because they learn to deal with the complexity of the game. Bradford is one of those guys, at least in my view.  I also will reiterate that the Vikings' running game was historically terrible last season. 

But to repeat (which I apparently I need to do given your post above!), his knee would scare me off.

It was a three game stretch you cited.  The guy has been a starter for (parts of) now 7 seasons.  His last nearly complete season (with a decent running game backing him up), he was mediocre.  This is in line with his previous seasons. 

Clearly, this three game stretch was the anomaly of his career to this point.   In fact, the guy who replaced him in Minny has already, in 11 starts, put up nearly a whole season of Bradford yards and TDs with half  of the turnovers.  So he must be playing like an elite QB as well...

I'm not the subject of the "ribbing."  I'm just calling you out for acting like a jerk, which you are.  If you think "look at my junk" is a healthy contribution to this forum - or society in general - someone needed to tell you that you're wrong about that.  Self-awareness isn't your strong suit.

when will you change your screen name to coach tampon?

On 12/12/2017 at 5:26 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

They'll probably take anything they can get. The guy passed for 56 yards against the Saints and 64 yards against a Pats defense that Jay Cutler torched last night. And both were home games.

Yeah it’s all linear. Time to go after cutler then. 

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

It was a three game stretch you cited.  The guy has been a starter for (parts of) now 7 seasons.  His last nearly complete season (with a decent running game backing him up), he was mediocre.  This is in line with his previous seasons. 

Clearly, this three game stretch was the anomaly of his career to this point.   In fact, the guy who replaced him in Minny has already, in 11 starts, put up nearly a whole season of Bradford yards and TDs with half  of the turnovers.  So he must be playing like an elite QB as well...

If by "mediocre" you mean Bradford's 2016 with the Vikes (15 games), I'd like me a piece of mediocre like that: >70% completion percentage, >7 AY/A.
And no, in 2016 Bradford threw 20 TDs  5 INTs in 15 games. I can flex on 2983 yds and 18 TD (Keenum, 12 games)  being "nearly" 3877 yds and 20 TD (Bradford, 15 games), but um no, 7 INTs in 12 games is not "half" of 5 INTs in 15 games by any credible system of math.

The problem with Bradford isn't "mediocrity" - at his best, he's a very good QB and that 3 game stretch was not an anomoly vs. his 2016 and 2015 seasons (though he did throw a lot of picks in 2015). 

The problem with Bradford is durability, plain and simple.  That's why I call him "Fool's Gold" as a QB.

Did they find you funny over at BBMB?  I kinda doubt it.  

the posters did but the mods...not so much.  two mods hated me, the other two had senses of humor, so we were just fine.  see the theme there coach?  sense of humor.  try it out instead of being a message board white night.  not everyone in life is going to fit into your mold, so learn how to handle it.  i have faith in you.  you'll be fine.

Just now, teef said:

the posters did but the mods...not so much.  two mods hated me, the other two had senses of humor, so we were just fine.  see the theme there coach?  sense of humor.  try it out instead of being a message board white night.  not everyone in life is going to fit into your mold, so learn how to handle it.  i have faith in you.  you'll be fine.

To be clear dude - I'm not offended or insulted by you.  I just think you're a waste of oxygen and bandwidth, and that you contribute very little of value or substance to the community here.