More from obd

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

To be clear dude - I'm not offended or insulted by you.  I just think you're a waste of oxygen and bandwidth, and that you contribute very little of value or substance to the community here.

yeah...you're offended.  you would have just glazed over my posts if it didn't bother you.  it obviously does.  you have thin skin, and that really isn't a good trait as you move into adulthood.

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It was a three game stretch you cited.  The guy has been a starter for (parts of) now 7 seasons.  His last nearly complete season (with a decent running game backing him up), he was mediocre.  This is in line with his previous seasons. 

Clearly, this three game stretch was the anomaly of his career to this point.   In fact, the guy who replaced him in Minny has already, in 11 starts, put up nearly a whole season of Bradford yards and TDs with half  of the turnovers.  So he must be playing like an elite QB as well...

I fundamentally disagree with your premise and think you're basically espousing a narrative of permanent stasis with regard to the player we're discussing. He wouldn't be the first highly talented QB to improve over time; the list of such qbs who became better over time is quite long (e.g., Steve Young, another extremely accurate QB, is the most famous example). It takes a while to learn to deal with the complexity and speed of NFL defenses. Bradford always had the potential (no one ever doubted his talent). Injuries took their toll, however.  Indeed, 2013 looked like the year he would turn the corner because he was playing very well for St. Louis. But he was knocked out for the season during game seven. If you recall it, his progress that year was a relatively major topic of discussion across the league. He missed all of 2014 too (knee again). But there is a reason that both Philly and Minnesota traded first round picks for him: extreme talent, which has been on display lately. Both of those organizations understand QBs better than you or I.

Edited by dave mcbride

40 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I'd say F- everything else and go get Cousins.  He wants nothing to do with DC after this season.  He got jerked around too much by Bruce Allen.  If Cousins becomes unattainable then move up to get one of the college guys.  I'd stay away from Bradford, A. Smith, etc,,,

You had me up until "If cousins...then move up".  Change it to "whether or not Cousins is attainable, move up to get...."  and I'm in vehement agreement with you.

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:
JasonLacanfoora   @jasonlacanfoora
Sources in Dunkirk close to the @BuffaloBillsNFL confirm there may be infighting among some coaches/front office personnel and ground crews mostly relating to the removal of snow from New Era Stadium. Team has no comment at this time. Grounds Supervisor @StanleyWojachowski feels @MotherNature failed to give proper warning of accumulation totals and prevailing winds. Sideline tablets will now have a "quick link" to @AccuWeather for grounds crews and coaches alike. Biggest conflict between the sides relates to @StanleyWojachowski recommendation that players who are "inactive" should be equipped with Stihl leaf blowers and remove deep snow from yard lines. Sources in Dunkirk claim @CordyGlenn was opposed to this work unless he was furnished properly padded moon boots to protect feet. 
7:32am December 14, 2017

and I nearly skipped these last few pages thinking .... is it really work reading them?

3 minutes ago, teef said:

yeah...you're offended.  you would have just glazed over my posts if it didn't bother you.  it obviously does.  you have thin skin, and that really isn't a good trait as you move into adulthood.

He's not offended; he's annoyed. I do agree with him that it's a pain in the neck to scroll through troll-like commentary in an otherwise good thread. 

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Teef and ScottLaw were the Abbott and Costello of BBMB

i never thought of being a team with scott!  i think we could make this work.  i could be the humor, and he could just continue being terrible.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

He's not offended; he's annoyed. I do agree with him that it's a pain in the neck to scroll through troll-like commentary in an otherwise good thread. 

annoyed is a better word, but if you think the op started a good thread, i'm not sure what to tell you.  it's more funny than it is informative.  as i said, it's good for a jumping off point for discussion.  in terms of factual info, it's a complete dumpster fire.

2 minutes ago, teef said:

annoyed is a better word, but if you think the op started a good thread, i'm not sure what to tell you.  it's more funny than it is informative.  as i said, it's good for a jumping off point for discussion.  in terms of factual info, it's a complete dumpster fire.

Regardless of what one thinks of the original post, there are some good discussions going on here. When we're at page 38, you can pretty much say that a thread has taken on a life of its own independent of the OP (to an extent).

Edited by dave mcbride

On 12/12/2017 at 7:04 PM, Dunkirk Don said:
  • Dunkirk Don
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Just in from my source, Taylor will start remainder of season regardless of win/ lose.  Bills will not cut Taylor but if attempt to trade him for another low round pick.  Cousins definitely in mix to be next year qb.  Ties to Buffalo confirmed.   New stadium will be built in 2021or 2022.  Location picked.  Do not buy the hype about land study.   Go to land purchases for last two years and you can determine location.  Also check to see minority investment owners you will will see ties to Buffalo area.   This property in  four years will be most valuable in western New York. Not just where the stadium will be built but surrounding areas. Check transactions and building permits for new restaurants and you will see connections

Dude, you want us to read through 6 months worth or property transactions for Erie County, pairing them with a map to see localization. Then pick out any shell corporations to see ties to WNY.  Because that is how these things work, including the Harbor Center. Large development is generally purchased as its own LLC, so in the event of something terrible going wrong, the land asset does not effect the Bills, Sabres, or other Pegula's fracking empire.  Should note that the Erie County Clerk records online, are only updated until July 2017. That means dig through the Buffalo news week after week.

So to summarize your asking us to take the better part of an entire day, to go through each real estate transaction, submit a request via FOIA to the City/County for any building permits issued in the last 6 months, and notice the buyers, because there are plans to build a new stadium around the same time as the lease at New Era runs out with the county. Got it! 

As somebody with a degree in Urban Planning, this would be a great undergrad project to give an early level planning class as an intro/experience into how city planning works internally. All pubic information is not easy to come by. Cities and counties are notorious for making these requests incredibly difficult, draining, and time consuming. So yes public record, no not just a good search. 

If I cared enough I could map this all out via GIS, and be able to pinpoint exactly what is happening.  It is also possible that this area is already an artery connected to an area of change currently, and is explainable via pattern. But I won't because your request is absolutely absurd, regardless of truth. 

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Dude, you want us to read through 6 months worth or property transactions for Erie County, pairing them with a map to see localization. Then pick out any shell corporations to see ties to WNY.  Because that is how these things work, including the Harbor Center. Large development is generally purchased as its own LLC, so in the event of something terrible going wrong, the land asset does not effect the Bills, Sabres, or other Pegula's fracking empire.  Should note that the Erie County Clerk records online, are only updated until July 2017. That means dig through the Buffalo news week after week.

So to summarize your asking us to take the better part of an entire day, to go through each real estate transaction, submit a request via FOIA to the City/County for any building permits issued in the last 6 months, and notice the buyers, because there are plans to build a new stadium around the same time as the lease at New Era runs out with the county. Got it! 

As somebody with a degree in Urban Planning, this would be a great undergrad project to give an early level planning class as an intro/experience into how city planning works internally. All pubic information is not easy to come by. Cities and counties are notorious for making these requests incredibly difficult, draining, and time consuming. So yes public record, no not just a good search. 

If I cared enough I could map this all out via GIS, and be able to pinpoint exactly what is happening.  It is also possible that this area is already an artery connected to an area of change currently, and is explainable via pattern. But I won't because your request is absolutely absurd, regardless of truth. 

Millionnaires are not lazy.  I am investing but I.   did the work.  I gave you bread crumps