More from obd

6 hours ago, Mango said:

I made a point earlier abour seatching property sales and access to data. But I forgot a point. 

If this was in the works, a better and more efficient search is planning board meetings for the region. No way that “non-lazy millionaires” are purchasing 7 figures + worth of land without DEC recommendations and changing of zoning laws.

Your post for some reason actually lead to me thinking of the restaurant and business “purchases” mentioned. If this is happening on a large scale, areas would have to be rezoned. With the amount of traffic, businesses, density, and sheer size of this, there is no way that it is not mentioned at a town council meeting or planning board meeting. Any environmental testing, which would be necessary, would be made public as well. It’s just how things work.

Dopey Don mentioned the testing in his OP. The city is the only rumor with legs, because it’s the only location following standard practice across the nation. The township/county/state could declare eminent domain, but that is always dicey, and has a process of its own, would have started rolling,  and would have been picked up already. 

I don’t care how much money you have. You can’t just buy 1000 acres and say, “my land, I’m building a stadium.” And nobody trying to get major tax breaks/profit would do so haphazardly. 

As was already mentioned, stadiums don't take 1,000's of acres city boy.    Charlotte takes 33 acres.    Dallas' massive site takes 80 acres.    Both of those are smaller than a typcial small family dairy farm in western NY.

There are literally many hundreds of clear sites that large inside Erie county on the outskirts of suburbs all around WNY including numerous places east of the city of Buffalo.

You must not get out of the city much. :lol:

And what if this area they have in mind is already zoned commercial (like a large chunk of property bordering Walden avenue for miles heading through Cheektowaga, Depew and beyond)?   Or maybe its zoned agricultural but borders a commercial zone (like property adjacent to the commercial properties already on Walden)?   Spots like that likely won't be as difficult as you think to get rezoned.   

And I am sure the state is going to have its hand in and use its power in the location process for the stadium.    That is a bit different than some random little guy trying to get a piece of land rezoned in front of his local town zoning board.

21 hours ago, transient said:

I always thought the "P" in LAMP was for "post," but my anonymous source **cough**MattLauer**cough** assures me it's for "penis."

You mean like in Ha-Penis? B-)

10 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Oh yeah? 

Two words....

Bills. Island.

I like it. Buy Navy island from the Canadians, build the stadium there, have a bridge from Canada and a bridge from US. Park in your respective countries take a tram to the island. Picturesque shots of Niagara Falls then up to the stadium.  It's a great idea, but impossible to pull off.

On 12/14/2017 at 6:47 AM, Dunkirk Don said:

I am amazed at the non believers. He is all over the place.  The sports world is very fluid. If you were following the Stanton situation everyone thought he would be on the west coast but he landed in New York happened at the last minute.  My source is not making decisions just is sharing what is being discussed. Don’t you think the redskins front office isn’t doing contigency thinking and what if scenarios around cousins?  What if we don’t sign him? What if we fanchise him again? Cost? What if will sign him to a long term deal? Cost is he worth the investment.  Don’t be naive.  Bills are parting ways with Taylor period.  Is peterman the answer? If yes, need experienced back up. If no then who? Cousins is their top pick, McDermott loves his commitment and preparation. If Washington franchise him then what? Vikings will have one or two qb available, are they the answers? If not then what.  Looking to kc. That how it works folks.   I am just passing on their current thought process and I am not saying with 100 percent certainty any of it comes true.  The bills don’t have any idea either what is going to happen either. On the stadium front, that news is accurate, the property been bought   Some people want 100percent certainty on every move, I have information that is accurate today but may change tomorrow,  we don’t make decisions for the redskins or the Vikings or kc.  This is called contigency planning.  Every organization does it so read the information or not.  If you don’t want inside information do not read my posts. The thought process will change based on circumstances and I am not being inconsistent just the thought process has changed based on the last domino. Make sense

The stadium is not being built downtown for the last time.  Pegula wants the Bills fans to enjoy the tailgating experience and you cannot do that downtown.  It will be open air the cost for a dome without state money is too prohibitive. I know has been reported that “Pegual is not even thinking about building a new stadium”is so ridiculous. You don’t believe my source but believe that non sense.  All bidders for bills when Wilson widow sold the team were told as a condition for the sale of the team the new owners had to built a new stadium within two years of current lease otherwise the league owners would reject their bid acceptance of their offer.  This is all public knowledge and cotsnined in the language of the deal.  Look it up on google if you don’t believe me. Therefore pegula has been studying location for the last two years.  People act like the man is Jed clampett and got his oil money by shooting at a rabbit . He is a brilliant businessman.   The land for the stadium has been bought and business will be developed around it.    I am fortune because my hunting buddy worked for the bills and still has friend at obd.  He is an investment banker tied to commercial real estate and is handling many of the transactions for the adjoining property and has allow me to make a small investment ( big to me).   I have no idea who his source is but he has been right 75% of the time.  The bills will not give up their second pick for the player in kc.  It will be a third and seven.

Regardless of the outcome of the season, major changes in front office as McDermott solidifies his position in the organization.  Pegula is enamored with him.  Long term employees will be leaving.  Don’t believe when it is reported that they are retiring.  My source says this will be bunk.   They are being pushed out.  (Even the haters on this side will be happy.).  On a side note, I found humor in people, defining the word rift. I should have side they had words and Beane was angry. Because he gets beat up by the moron here about his moves and now he has to give away Glenn for peanuts.   FYI before the trade, they asked Darius to restructure contract to free up some more money for next year.  As I reported, bills want to be more active in free agent market and go after top tier free agents.  He refused and that was the last straw

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Regardless of the outcome of the season, major changes in front office as McDermott solidifies his position in the organization.  Pegula is enamored with him.  Long term employees will be leaving.  Don’t believe when it is reported that they are retiring.  My source says this will be bunk.   They are being pushed out.  (Even the haters on this side will be happy.).  On a side note, I found humor in people, defining the word rift. I should have side they had words and Beane was angry. Because he gets beat up by the moron here about his moves and now he has to give away Glenn for peanuts.   FYI before the trade, they asked Darius to restructure contract to free up some more money for next year.  As I reported, bills want to be more active in free agent market and go after top tier free agents.  He refused and that was the last straw

3gpfhuthpl301.gif

10 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Ok, Pegula loves McDermott.  McDermott is changing the culture by jettisoning long term employees.  Beane and McDermott spar. Some posters, haters here, will be happy because some long time folks will be gone.  I'm not following you on "he gets beat up by the moron here".   While it sounds a bit like a line from a Pink Floyd song, who is "the moron here"?  Besides me, I mean.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Thank God they're getting rid of the lifers. Also the rift isn't a big deal. I've gotten in heated arguments with coworkers before, it is the nature of any stressful business. No hard feelings at the end of the day.

Yeah, if you don’t disagree from time to time, you don’t have enough thinking in the room. It happens, and it's no biggie as long as they can move on. Who wins the battle can be telling, though. 

• Like (+1) 1