More from obd

1 minute ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Millionnaires are not lazy.  I am investing but I.   did the work.  I gave you bread crumps 

Christ man. 

Cool, you have tons of money, and you are investing. Awesome. We appreciate your investment in our economy and infrastructure. If you are investing, you should do your due diligence, taking the steps I have above. Sounds like you did. Cool!

BUT- If you expect NFL fans on a message board to do this kind of research over a new stadium, that they are not directly investing in, with no monetary gain, and in their free time, you are out of your gourd. The FOIA process will take over a month on its own most likely. But sure, call me/us lazy, that is what it is. Get off your high horse and stop being a wiener. 

7 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Millionnaires are not lazy.  I am investing but I.   did the work.  I gave you bread crumps 

Donnie I heard rumors Kyle Williams will consider retirement after the season and the Bills will play the NFC North next season.

Can you confirm?

20 minutes ago, MarkAF43 said:

bread crumps? those sound terrible. I'll pass.

too bad the little birdies ate them up while in need of food after a storm.

as to the typo   Image result for crump

18 minutes ago, Mango said:

Christ man. 

Cool, you have tons of money, and you are investing. Awesome. We appreciate your investment in our economy and infrastructure. If you are investing, you should do your due diligence, taking the steps I have above. Sounds like you did. Cool!

BUT- If you expect NFL fans on a message board to do this kind of research over a new stadium, that they are not directly investing in, with no monetary gain, and in their free time, you are out of your gourd. The FOIA process will take over a month on its own most likely. But sure, call me/us lazy, that is what it is. Get off your high horse and stop being a wiener. 

ITS a scam to get us to do his work for him!!!!!! 

25 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

well thats not true at all.. There are plenty who lucked into their wealth who are leaches just the same.  Not all poor people are lazy either

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

To be clear dude - I'm not offended or insulted by you.  I just think you're a waste of oxygen and bandwidth, and that you contribute very little of value or substance to the community here.

hey look, up there, you see that "I'm better than you" on his high horse.

chill out man.

get_off_your_high_horse_by_alphonus-d32k

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

I fundamentally disagree with your premise and think you're basically espousing a narrative of permanent stasis with regard to the player we're discussing. He wouldn't be the first highly talented QB to improve over time; the list of such qbs who became better over time is quite long (e.g., Steve Young, another extremely accurate QB, is the most famous example). It takes a while to learn to deal with the complexity and speed of NFL defenses. Bradford always had the potential (no one ever doubted his talent). Injuries took their toll, however.  Indeed, 2013 looked like the year he would turn the corner because he was playing very well for St. Louis. But he was knocked out for the season during game seven. If you recall it, his progress that year was a relatively major topic of discussion across the league. He missed all of 2014 too (knee again). But there is a reason that both Philly and Minnesota traded first round picks for him: extreme talent, which has been on display lately. Both of those organizations understand QBs better than you or I.

Fitzpatrick could pretty much show up on any the team that took him, learn the offense, and put up Bradford numbers.  Bradford has 80 NFL starts, and now he's finally learning the speed of the game?

Philly didn't trade a 1st for him.  But they did, after one season, spend a first on his replacement.(and traded up to do so). 

Minnesota blew a first round pick on Bradford, a player who had already blown out his ACL TWICE in order to replace their starting QB, who had just been lost for the season due to....a torn ACL!

That is beyond stupid.  I think I (and most others) "understand QBs" enough that we wouldn't have spent a first round pick to pick up a vet with a bad knee who has struggled to stay healthy.  And this wasn't a Rodgers or Brady or Big Ben (those are "extreme talents" at QB, by the way) they were rolling the dice on......

Edited by Mr. WEO

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I’l ask my wife and kids tonight, while at the dinner table, if they think I’m as much of a jerk as Coach Tuesday thinks I am.

Thanks, coach. Now I have a complex.

Wear it as a badge of pride. The dude and his perceived moral high ground and ability to project his opinion on other posters is all he is able to contribute. You can see his opinion of others and myself from yesterday littered throughout the thread. sad.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

You ask why pegula says he is not thinking about building a stadium. Duh, the land price would be sky high.  Buy the land then make the announcement.  He is not stupid 

Makes sense, plus the people "in the know" have an incentive to keep quiet so that they can scoop adjacent land up cheap while it's just nondescript and empty fields.  Anything investment related always involves secrecy among a select few so that once the announcement is made your pieces are all in place to cash in.

Also why no more specific info can be given. Rich powerful people are getting their ducks in a row and they want only their select group to be able to take advantage. This type of opportunity to own land for pennies on the dollar right next to an unannounced new NFL stadium does not come around often.

Imagine the millions that these people will make. That will keep them very, very quiet. 

I am almost 100% sure I know where he is talking about. I have a close friend in the local development business who has hinted at this for a while now. Really, the secrecy is about keeping other rich people away, because ordinary people would just get outbid for the land anyway if they caught on. but why add to the cost? Thus it's tight lipped. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If by "mediocre" you mean Bradford's 2016 with the Vikes (15 games), I'd like me a piece of mediocre like that: >70% completion percentage, >7 AY/A.
And no, in 2016 Bradford threw 20 TDs  5 INTs in 15 games. I can flex on 2983 yds and 18 TD (Keenum, 12 games)  being "nearly" 3877 yds and 20 TD (Bradford, 15 games), but um no, 7 INTs in 12 games is not "half" of 5 INTs in 15 games by any credible system of math.

The 14 ints were Bradfords Philly season--his other nearly full season, my bad.

You'd like that piece of mediocrity?  We already have it--TT.  His 2015 reads as well as Bradford's 2016:  3035 yards, 64%, 20TD/6INT, 8. YPA/A.

He had a "very good"...3 games.

37 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Fitzpatrick could pretty much show up on any the team that took him, learn the offense, and put up Bradford numbers.  Bradford has 80 NFL starts, and now he's finally learning the speed of the game?

Philly didn't trade a 1st for him.  But they did, after one season, spend a first on his replacement.(and traded up to do so). 

Minnesota blew a first round pick on Bradford, a player who had already blown out his ACL TWICE in order to replace their starting QB, who had just been lost for the season due to....a torn ACL!

That is beyond stupid.  I think I (and most others) "understand QBs" enough that we wouldn't have spent a first round pick to pick up a vet with a bad knee who has struggled to stay healthy.  And this wasn't a Rodgers or Brady or Big Ben (those are "extreme talents" at QB, by the way) they were rolling the dice on......

To repeat, Bradford played very well for Minnesota by practically any available measure. That's not really in dispute.  I was in error about the Philly trade; they gave up a second rounder and Foles for Bradford and a fifth rounder (and then immediately guaranteed him $26 million).

We are going to continue to disagree, which I am fine with. Regardless, I think that comparing him with Fitzpatrick's career trajectory is fair. When healthy, Bradford has been a better player at every stage of his career. This is not to deny Fitzpatrick's good 2015 season (although he of course choked in the final game).  The one area they do compare in is the teams they've played for. All have been pretty deeply flawed until the 2017 Vikings. (The Fisher-era Rams were an especially flawed team. Who trades up (with the Bills, no less) to spend a high first on Tavon Austin??) Unfortunately for Bradford, he got hurt again. He's a better QB than Keenum, though, and if he had stayed healthy my guess is that the Vikings would be even better than 10-3 right now. 

Edited by dave mcbride

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

To repeat, Bradford played very well for Minnesota by practically any available measure. That's not really in dispute.  I was in error about the Philly trade; they gave up a second rounder and Foles for Bradford and a fifth rounder (and then immediately guaranteed him $26 million).

We are going to continue to disagree, which I am fine with. Regardless, I think that comparing him with Fitzpatrick's career trajectory is fair. When healthy, Bradford has been a better player at every stage of his career. This is not to deny Fitzpatrick's good 2015 season (although he of course choked in the final game).  The one area they do compare in is the teams they've played for. All have been pretty deeply flawed until the 2017 Vikings. (The Fisher-era Rams were an especially flawed team. Who spends a high first on Tavon Austin??) Unfortunately for Bradford, he got hurt again. He's a better QB than Keenum, though, and if he had stayed healthy my guess is that the Vikings would be even better than 10-3 right now. 

It's not their trajectory that I compared, although both proved flat.  I was doubting the truth that "extremely talented"  QBs need this many years to figure out the speed of the NFL.  Fitz was modestly talented, but he could figure things out pretty quick.

What is Bradford proven that he is better than Keenum at?  He never throws for elite numbers of TDs and yards.  Keenum (35 starts) came off the bench and got them to 10-3 (8 wins).  How long did it take him to figure out the speed of the NFL.  How would Bradford gotten them more passing production than Keenum? 

This guy, healthy, has never been an elite QB or shown elite talent in the NFL.  Elite talent isn't a hot streak of a small handful of games.  It's just not.