More from obd

26 minutes ago, bbills2018 said:

This makes no sense....How can we trade before free agency ...the trade window for league does not start til March 14 the same day free agency begins, 

March 12-14 Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2017 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 14. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 14.
March 14 Trading period for 2018 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2017 contracts.

Why let facts get in the way of a good story?

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

If it's something like Tyrod & Cordy then maybe the rest is just a pick swap. Something like

Washington gets Tyrod, Glenn, and our later 1st

Buffalo gets Cousins and their 3rd

wouldn't be awful.

It wouldn't be terrible.  I'd be a bit surprised if a trade involved a player swap simply because more trades involve draft choices for players.  Of course, Cousins is playing on a franchise tag at the moment, so unless he signs a deal, he is a free agent.  He's got to feel ticked off at Washington for the way they've handled him the last couple years instead of giving him a long term deal.  Moreover, he has to know he's not in their long term plans.  Those truths beg the question, why would he ever sign a long term deal with Washington knowing it's a sign and trade deal?  Why not just force their hand?  I don't know if they're even allowed to trade a franchised player.  The Redskins might just decide it's not worth the risk and the cost of franchising him again.

6 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

He was fired by the Bills he is now an investment banker.  He has sources still and they decided to go rogue

Brad Daluiso, works at Morgan Stanley

JPMorgan's Joe Azelby played for the Buffalo Bills after graduating from Harvard

Third Point's Greg Zolman played three seasons in the NFL

New Orleans Saints' offensive tackle Thomas Welch is now in business school

Former Buffalo Bills player Walter Stith works as a financial adviser for Morgan Stanley

Former NFL linebacker Matt Monger has been featured as one of Barron's Top 1000 financial advisers in the US for the past 10 years.

Merrill Lynch vp Kurt Schulz spent ten years in the NFL, making 2 Super Bowl appearances.

http://www.businessinsider.com/football-players-on-wall-street-2016-2/#pete-the-boss-najarian-played-in-the-nfl-for-the-buccaneers-and-the-vikings-49

21 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’m not validating the OP’s claims, however, teams are at liberty to have “discussions” prior to the draft/FA period.

I see this Cousins situation as plausible.  Still don’t understand the WNY connection though.

I found the link to Buffalo....

https://twitter.com/KirkCousins8/status/920749197950947328?s=17

7 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

No wonder someone is getting fired. 

Making FA deals before they are legal.  

The Bills cannot talk to a player or his agent under contract but our GM can talk to another GM anytime.  (my guess)

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I just can’t do it.  I can’t watch a couple of years of Kirk Cousins.  It will kill me.

Cousins would be the best QB we’ve had here by a mile since Jimbo.

We would be immediate contenders.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

You have been fair minded.  I will get you the information but my posts will be as specific as possible to avoid the fraud comments.  I had this stadium information last week but I wanted to confirm some details before I posted to site.  Many phone calls and email to be reviewed to connect the dots.

Great, appreciate your being specific. So what town will the new stadium be built in? 

And you're reporting that we're tampering with Cousins?

Edited by BillnutinHouston

11 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

London and Frankfurt, too, if I'm not mistaken.

I like the sound of Dave and Buster's Stadium, good for families and drinking.

So we are planning to overpay to get Cousins and then overpay to keep him?! I'm in!!

Seems very Billsie ;)

Why would this even happen unless Beane is in life long concussion protocol? ;)

Alex Smith will be available and cheaper.(he is the same QB only older)

14 hours ago, Lancaster Lenny said:

If the Bills were smart, they would work out a deal with the county to keep the field house and outdoor practice fields where they are.  Close proximity for most coaches and players.  Keep the big tree inn going strong.  No need for them to be adjacent to the stadium.  Of course the stadium won't be too far away in Lancaster....follow the money.  My deep sources tell me there will be a new fan experience complete with interactive exhibits including setting yourself on fire,  jumping on to tables, beer funnels, how to sneak booze into the stadium, dizzy bat inside a glass maze, etc...   This will be an adult only area to counteract any family friendly nonsense.  Deep Throat Donnie is just throwing crap at the wall and seeing what sticks.  If you follow his nonsense closely, he changes direction more than a weather vane.  

LMAO you forgot the pre game sex area ;)

51 minutes ago, McBean said:

We would be immediate contenders.

Wheres the evidence for that? You mean like the Washington Redskins are?  You do realise they are 6-8 this season, right?

The Redskins through 60 games with Cousins are 27-30-1 and they have paid hime $54 million these past 2 seasons and they haven’t made/wont make the playoffs.

But yea, the Bills would be immediate contenders.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Wheres the evidence for that? You mean like the Washington Redskins are?  You do realise they are 6-8 this season, right?

The Redskins through 60 games with Cousins are 27-30-1 and they have paid hime $54 million these past 2 seasons and they haven’t made/wont make the playoffs.

You don’t think they would be with a competent qb ? 

Could have changed the Cincy, Ne, Carolina outcomes without terrible Taylor.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

If Cousins is the reason the Redskins aren't making the playoffs, then it's like saying Drew Brees was the reason the Saints didn't make it for 3 seasons.

We are 8-6 with terrible QB play.  You don't think good QB play doesn't make any difference?  

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 3

Having Cousins at QB would make us legit contenders for the AFC.  Not just contenders for playoffs or the division.  Some people just don't understand how terribly bad Tyrod is at QB.  I understand though, because of the QBs that have been here since Kelly.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If Cousins is the reason the Redskins aren't making the playoffs, then it's like saying Drew Brees was the reason the Saints didn't make it for 3 seasons.

We are 8-6 with terrible QB play.  You don't think good QB play doesn't make any difference?  

The Skins got rid of their RB and two 1000 yard receivers in this past offseason. 

That just may be why the Skins did so poorly.   No targets for Kirk.  just an observation 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The Skins got rid of their RB and two 1000 yard receivers in this past offseason. 

That just may be why the Skins did so poorly.   No targets for Kirk.  just an observation 

I'm not a huge Cousins fan but Jordan Reed also missed most of the year.

38 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Seems very Billsie ;)

Why would this even happen unless Beane is in life long concussion protocol? ;)

Alex Smith will be available and cheaper.(he is the same QB only older)

...yup, my choice versus WAY over paying for Cousins.........

Just now, Air it out Fitzy said:

You don’t think they would be with a competent qb ? 

Could have changed the Cincy, Ne, Carolina outcomes without terrible Taylor.  

Right but we are talking about giving Cousins one of the most expensive contracts for a QB. That will certainly take away capital elsewhere. Is Cousins a guy that can carry a team? He hasn’t carried the Redskins anywhere. He hasn’t carried them to the playoffs the past 2 seasons. They aren’t contenders despite the weapons they have and had.

So wheres the proof? Does Kirk Cousins lead the Bills past Brady and the Pats*?

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Don’t believe I said he’s the reason they aren’t. But the fact of the matter is the Redskins have paid Cousins $54 million and haven’t made the playoffs in these past 2 years. He isn’t able to overcome poor play from other areas on the team and paying a QB that much money is going to limit what you can do with your roster. 

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Didn't really matter that much even when they had them. Still didn’t make the playoffs and finished 8-7-1 with the receivers and RB.

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Right but we are talking about giving Cousins one of the most expensive contracts for a QB. That will certainly take away capital elsewhere. Is Cousins a guy that can carry a team? He hasn’t carried the Redskins anywhere. He hasn’t carried them to the playoffs the past 2 seasons. They aren’t contenders despite the weapons they have and had.

So wheres the proof? Does Kirk Cousins lead the Bills past Brady and the Pats*?

Don’t believe I said he’s the reason they aren’t. But the fact of the matter is the Redskins have paid Cousins $54 million and haven’t made the playoffs in these past 2 years. He isn’t able to overcome poor play from other areas on the team and paying a QB that much money is going to limit what you can do with your roster. 

The way I'm looking at it, we are 8-6 with QB play as bad as you can get.  We are the worst team in the league moving the ball through the air.

It's week 16 and we've only scored 26 TD's all season as a team....26!  Kirk Cousins has 27 total TD's himself.  Yet we are holding the 6th seed in the playoffs.  

We are so one dimensional that it's hindering our offense.   Get a guy who can actually move the ball in the air, we already have a major threat on the ground. 

This offense I think can and will open up with someone at the level of Cousins.   Use your draft picks, we have 5 in the first 3 rounds and fill in other holes.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The way I'm looking at it, we are 8-6 with QB play as bad as you can get.  We are the worst team in the league moving the ball through the air.

It's week 16 and we've only scored 26 TD's all season as a team....26!  Kirk Cousins has 27 total TD's himself.  Yet we are holding the 6th seed in the playoffs.  

We are so one dimensional that it's hindering our offense.   Get a guy who can actually move the ball in the air, we already have a major threat on the ground. 

This offense I think can and will open up with someone at the level of Cousins.   Use your draft picks, we have 5 in the first 3 rounds and fill in other holes.

The way Don is talking, it looks like it’s a trade that would involve some draft capital. So you can forget about those 5 picks. Washington would surely want a 1st and probably a 2nd for Cousins. I don’t think he’s worth that PLUS giving him a huge contract.  I’d rather look to the draft to find a QB.

1 minute ago, Wayne Cubed said:

The way Don is talking, it looks like it’s a trade that would involve some draft capital. So you can forget about those 5 picks. Washington would surely want a 1st and probably a 2nd for Cousins. I don’t think he’s worth that PLUS giving him a huge contract.  I’d rather look to the draft to find a QB.

Well if that's the case, I wouldn't want to do it.  

I'm not sure if the Redskins can trade him.  He's an UFA after this year I believe and tagging him would be something like over $30 million.  Does that make sense for them?

17 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Is Cousins a guy that can carry a team?

No but that QB doesn't exist. You can't only pay a big contract if it's Tom Brady. Cousins consistently leads top 10 passing offenses. If we draft a QB high it would be considered extremely successful if he ends up as good as Cousins. Our QB search will be over and we can focus on the rest of the tesm. I feel a lot better with Pegula running the show than Dan Snyder.

2 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

how can we be working out trades, hasn't the trade deadline passed? When does the trades become allowable again? After the superbowl?

I believe GM’s can have informal discussions about players at any time during the season/offseason.  Could be mistaken though.

I don’t see the Redskins placing the franchise tag (exclusive or non-exclusive) on Cousins, and I don’t see them working out a long-term deal before the free agency period.  I think Cousins becomes an UFA, and will be allowed to sign with any team.

51 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I believe GM’s can have informal discussions about players at any time during the season/offseason.  Could be mistaken though.

It doesn't even matter if they are allowed by the rules to do this, it happens, without a doubt. The ways around communication rules are only limited by imagination.

20 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

......what would you think about going after Alex Smith and drafting Rudolph?...........

Double ugh.  Don't want Smith if you have to trade picks to get him and Rudolph is an average arm, below average decision making fella with superior wr corp in a bad defense conference.