More from obd

12 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

I will have some news too on front office shake-up. One long term employee was been given a choice.  Reduced role or out the door. More to come

No more bad contracts

I thought overdorf already had a reduced role. It was insinuated via someone on twitter - “vicious sid” who has a source at OBD  - last spring after they brought in the new FO. He was to have gone the way of the Berchtold (special projects).

I figured both of them had been in the basement looking for their staplers since they cleaned house.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought overdorf already had a reduced role. It was insinuated via someone on twitter - “vicious sid” who has a source at OBD  - last spring after they brought in the new FO. He was to have gone the way of the Berchtold (special projects).

I figured both of them had been in the basement looking for their staplers since they cleaned house.

I think he was reduced to a glorified capologist role? 

7 minutes ago, GG said:

I think he was reduced to a glorified capologist role? 

With the guys that were brought in under Beane from Houston and Miami, plus beane’s cap experience, there was no need for Overdorf. It was just a matter of time but he was/is no longer needed. Whaley (pro scouting background)  and Nix (College Scouting background) didn’t have the cap experience so he was necessary then. He is redundant but I’m sure they greased the way out the door for  him to be nice.

whatever the timing, it’s anything but a FO “shakeup” — it’s expected. JO is the only one left from the old Bills other than Russ who more of a PSE employee than a Bills employee. If he hasn’t been publically replaced yet, he’s been replaced privately. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Until I get more specifics from my source, I won’t post anymore about cousins. All,I can say it will be Costly. People here will roast me if I am not specific. We have the deal but we want one more source to confirm it.  Will get another batch of emails soon

Let me make a quick call and see if he had a chance to confirm 

It is a given that Cousins is going to be costly.  If a trade is involved, we can kiss some of those high draft picks goodbye.  Either way Buffalo will end up paying out in the range of 30 million a year for one player.  

2 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

It is a given that Cousins is going to be costly.  If a trade is involved, we can kiss some of those high draft picks goodbye.  Either way Buffalo will end up paying out in the range of 30 million a year for one player.  

If it's something like Tyrod & Cordy then maybe the rest is just a pick swap. Something like

Washington gets Tyrod, Glenn, and our later 1st

Buffalo gets Cousins and their 3rd

wouldn't be awful.

21 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

If it's something like Tyrod & Cordy then maybe the rest is just a pick swap. Something like

Washington gets Tyrod, Glenn, and our later 1st

Buffalo gets Cousins and their 3rd

wouldn't be awful.

So we give up a #1 and a very good, still young LT, and a solid starter QB if not the best backup QB in the league, just for the rights to pay Kirk friggin' Cousins $25m a year for a bunch of years?

Edited by Kelly the Dog
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

So we give up a #1 and a very good, still young LT, and a solid starter QB if not the best backup QB in the league, just for the rights to pay Kurt friggin' Cousins $25m a year for a bunch of years?

That would be insane.   

If Cousins really wants to leave DC, they have little negotiating leverage.  Franchising him will cost $35 million, and a transition means no draft picks in return.  Their only choices are to start a bidding war and hopefully land a 2nd rounder (a la Alex Smith trade)

30 minutes ago, GG said:

That would be insane.   

If Cousins really wants to leave DC, they have little negotiating leverage.  Franchising him will cost $35 million, and a transition means no draft picks in return.  Their only choices are to start a bidding war and hopefully land a 2nd rounder (a la Alex Smith trade)

Agree!

I would say they have almost none.

The Redskins have to make the first move.

They either tag him or let him go.

Cousins and his agent can just sit.

I'm pretty sure Cousins does not want to play for them but if they tag him................

Hell yes he will play for 35 million.

If the Redskins want to trade Cousins, he doesn't have to make a long term deal..............

He can play under the tag for 35 Million with the new team.

Who is going to trade picks/players and pay 35 million?

This is uncharted territory and Redskins don't have a play.

Not that I want Cousins...................

I'd rather have Alex Smith for 1 year while our 1st round QB learns.

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The field is going to be 120 yards in length including the endzones.

53 yards wide.

Bunch of white lines and a big logo on the 50.

Source or it's not happening. :D

3 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Cousins would have to agree to a long term deal or no trade.   More to come on this in the next week.  We have yet to confirm trade package.  Only one confirmation to date.

Sorry, but this is illogical. Why would he agree to sign an extension and be traded, effectively removing the option for him to run up his price and chose his team? He can't be traded until March 14, the first day of the new league year, which is the day he would become a FA anyway. To keep him, the Redskins would have to PAY the man or tag him - the transition tag next year would be $28,732,320 and the franchise tag $34,478,784 (per Schefter).

3 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

We are not going to wait til free agency, we will make a play on cousins before than

This makes no sense....How can we trade before free agency ...the trade window for league does not start til March 14 the same day free agency begins, 

March 12-14 Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2017 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 14. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 14.
March 14 Trading period for 2018 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2017 contracts.

2 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Until I get more specifics from my source, I won’t post anymore about cousins. All,I can say it will be Costly. People here will roast me if I am not specific. We have the deal but we want one more source to confirm it.  Will get another batch of emails soon

Let me make a quick call and see if he had a chance to confirm 

If this is real, I hope your posts don't screw it up for us.  I can't go another season with Tryrod.

31 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Source or it's not happening. :D

Sorry, but this is illogical. Why would he agree to sign an extension and be traded, effectively removing the option for him to run up his price and chose his team? He can't be traded until March 14, the first day of the new league year, which is the day he would become a FA anyway. To keep him, the Redskins would have to PAY the man or tag him - the transition tag next year would be $28,732,320 and the franchise tag $34,478,784 (per Schefter).

22 minutes ago, bbills2018 said:

This makes no sense....How can we trade before free agency ...the trade window for league does not start til March 14 the same day free agency begins, 

March 12-14 Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2017 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 14. However, a contract cannot be executed with a new club until 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 14.
March 14 Trading period for 2018 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2017 contracts.

Yes and yes.

The tags have to be entered into by March 6th.

A week BEFORE trades.

Cousins has all the leverage.