Gronk Suspended for One Game by the NFL - Appeal Denied

1 minute ago, Kmart128 said:

Mike Evans got one game for a shove to Lattimore. Which didn't cause a injury and didn't target the head. Gronk should have gotten more than Evans

Is there precedent for more than one game because there was an injury (he's in the protocol, actually), versus one game for no injury?

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Is there precedent for more than one game because there was an injury (he's in the protocol, actually), versus one game for no injury?

Is concussion protocol an injury? Or a precaution make sure he doesn't have a concussion? I'm asking because I have never seen anyone come out and say he has a concussion YET. 

Not that I think McDermott will receive it this way, but if I were the coach, then I see this ruling as incentive to BountyGate all over again. Pull a guy up from the PS, tell him to take out Brady's knees however long after the play, and suffer the (no way it would only be) one game suspension. Open the AFC East right up for a minuscule price. I think we could trudge along without Cap Capi for a game. 

Edit: ^ Yeah, that!

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

Just now, Big Hurt said:

Open season for Tom Brady has begun. One game suspension is a good price for Brady's knee cap.  Lets go!

Be the dumbest thing the Bills ever did is to go after Brady. As I stated before the NFL cares only about $$, and Brady love him or hate him is a $$$ machine for the NFL. If the Bills go after him you would see a big old fake investigation and the Bills Organization be hit hard. Why? Because you disrupted the cash flow of the NFL and that will. It be tolerated. (Even if it was a lone wolf hit) 

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Is concussion protocol an injury? Or a precaution make sure he doesn't have a concussion? I'm asking because I have never seen anyone come out and say he has a concussion YET. 

Pretty sure you don't enter concussion protocol unless you don't meet your baseline when they do the first test.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Paulus said:

Can the Bills appeal the decision?

Good question.

After Gronk appealed the Bills should appeal for too light of a suspension.

Gronk used a PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as a weapon.

He did not use his unarmored forearm or anything else but that.

He knew exactly what he was using that metal cast for.

He is allowed to wear that for his own personal protection, NOT a device to inflict pain to others.

That alone should be at least 1 more game.

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Be the dumbest thing the Bills ever did is to go after Brady. As I stated before the NFL cares only about $$, and Brady love him or hate him is a $$$ machine for the NFL. If the Bills go after him you would see a big old fake investigation and the Bills Organization be hit hard. Why? Because you disrupted the cash flow of the NFL and that will. It be tolerated. (Even if it was a lone wolf hit) 

What are they gonna do to the Bills?  Take away draft picks that we squander any way?   LOL     We might not make the playoffs, if they punish the team.  

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

In the NHL.

This decision is as expected. The same as Evans. The microscope is on the league and if they went harsher on the Patriots that would lead to months of "poor us" coming from the mouth breathers. If they didn't suspend him at all the outrage would have been coming from all the other fan bases.

1 minute ago, Dan said:

What are they gonna do to the Bills?  Take away draft picks that we squander any way?   LOL     We might not make the playoffs, if they punish the team.  

Lol in all seriousness I understand going after Gronk or even hitting the other WR a little harder and perhaps later, but going after the player the NFL has crowned the GOAT be crazy. Not to mention it's in NE not Buffalo so your not alone with crazy dumb fans, matter fact we have a bandwagon full of them!

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol in all seriousness I understand going after Gronk or even hitting the other WR a little harder and perhaps later, but going after the player the NFL has crowned the GOAT be crazy. Not to mention it's in NE not Buffalo so your not alone with crazy dumb fans, matter fact we have a bandwagon full of them!

I totally agree with you.  They should have went after him yesterday, if they were going to.   I honestly don't think the Bills will; they're too resigned to being the Patriots bitches.  

Kinda like yesterday, even with that hit, I sat there wondering how the Bills were going to get the bigger penalty out if it.  The league and the teams know the Bills are supposed to lose those games.  And they all make sure it happens, in their own ways.

Edited by Dan

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

I totally agree with you.  They should have went after him yesterday, if they were going to.   I honestly don't think the Bills will; they're too resigned to being the Patriots bitches.  

Kinda like yesterday, even with that hit, I sat there wondering how the Bills were going to get the bigger penalty out if it.  The league and the teams know the Bills are supposed to lose those games.  And they all make sure it happens, in their own ways.

I need someone how 1 penalty negates 2.. then a second one is on its own and is enforced?  The game was over at that point, so wasn't to "help" the Pats as much as just piss poor refs and then wanting punish the team hurt one of their feelings with words. 

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Taking away Gronk doesn't hurt NE enough...if you want to send a message, you take out Brady.

I don't expect McDermott to do that--that's not the cut of his jib.

I'd probably handle it the same way, though part of me wants to believe that I'd call a toss play toward the sideline, and if one of my lead blockers just happens to stumble 17 yards out of bounds and go helmet-to-knee on Tommy Boy, well, that'd be too bad.

But yeah, in the end I have no desire to see anyone hurt.  I once thought differently, but after Edelman went out for the season and I surprisingly found myself actually feeling bad for him (despite how gigantic an a-hole he is, and the fact that he routinely commits unsportsmanlike conduct and somehow manages to escape penalty and instead incite penalties by his opponents), I discovered I am actually a compassionate person.

It was kind of disappointing :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Would be well worth the investigation, seeing as there is nothing to investigate. All the player's said the right things after the game that they have to moved on from it. Sorry, but, you're coming into the lion's den when the lion's are hungry for blood. We just saw your Neanderthal TE drop the people's elbow on one of the few bright spots of this season, all because he was upset about a non-call that didn't inflict him any physical harm? Yet, it calls for one the dirtiest plays I've seen in age. Vontaze and the boy named Suh would be proud. 

But, other than that you're team looks like an automatic bid to the super-bowl. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Would be well worth the investigation, seeing as there is nothing to investigate. All the player's said the right things after the game that they have to moved on from it. Sorry, but, you're coming into the lion's den when the lion's are hungry for blood. We just saw your Neanderthal TE drop the people's elbow on one of the few bright spots of this season, all because he was upset about a non-call that didn't inflict him any physical harm? Yet, it calls for one the dirtiest plays I've seen in age. Vontaze and the boy named Suh would be proud. 

When the Patriots had their undefeated season.... I told everyone that I'd rather the Bills never win a super bowl in order for the Patriots to lose that game... :(

1 minute ago, Captain Murica said:

First it was the dirtiest play I have seen ever! That includes Suh stepping on Rogers.  Also if you honestly believe they be looking for "truth" you don't know the NFL. They just want their pound of flesh and Buffalo lose more draft picks than the Pats have combined and be fined millions of dollars after the false investigation. (Don't believe me ask Elliott)

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

I don't think the Bills have a say in the matter. Your owner could yell and scream and do a Jerry jones but I don't think you guys get a dog in the fight.

It was a rhetorical question. 

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

I need someone how 1 penalty negates 2.. then a second one is on its own and is enforced?  The game was over at that point, so wasn't to "help" the Pats as much as just piss poor refs and then wanting punish the team hurt one of their feelings with words. 

I agree, the game was largely over.  So it didn't help the Patriots at all.  Nor would an extra 15yds have helped the Bills.  It's more the principle of being a Bills fan and seeing this type of officiating every single time we play the Patriots.  

I was watching the game with my brother-in-law, a lifelong Broncos fan.  He was in complete disbelief at the play and subsequent outcome.  I just looked at him and said... Welcome to the Bills/Patriots rivalry.  I've been seeing this going on 2 decades.  

The Patriot players treat our players with zero respect, the coaches show zero respect, the league show zero respect in how they officiate, our own players take the beat down in stride and congratulate the Patriots.    They win, we lose.  That's the way it is... And it's sickening to cheer for this team during this game twice every year, knowing that its going to happen.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Best thing to do is call the league the number is on the suspension paper! 212 450 2000!

The Refs are part of the problem too The didn't throw him out and didn't call penalties. Look at all the long run NE holding on everyone never called! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

McDermott is someone that does not show his emotions in the media but I think he's a fireball behind the scenes.  He clearly was talking first when he and Bill met - then Bill said I understand and apologize.  He may have wanted to see what his reaction was to determine what would be done about it in the next game.  I'm speculating for sure, but there was something methodical about Sean's approach.

9 minutes ago, Jonesyyy said:

Best thing to do is call the league the number is on the suspension paper! 212 450 2000!

The Refs are part of the problem too The didn't throw him out and didn't call penalties. Look at all the long run NE holding on everyone never called! 

Thanks Jonesyyy, I called and spoke my mind.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

He is appealing that he should be suspended 1 game? giphy.gif

Priceless.

I could care less about the suspension.  The only redemption this team could have is to get even.  I generally don't advocate street justice, but in a team sport you cannot allow that to happen to a teammate without repercussions.   In baseball a player would have taken a 95 mile per hour fastball.  That shot was so cheap someone has to go for a knee.  

I doubt this so call "team" "band of brothers" has the guts to do it.  Probably not- that is why the streak extends to 18 year.  They deserve and command zero respect.  

The Billsy outcome...

He will appeal this and the suspension will be postponed for a few weeks.  He'll end up sitting out the Bills game.  He avoids any possibility of retribution and they probably won't need him anyway. They might not even care about the game at that point in the season.

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Haynesworth also had a record of dirty play.  Gronk does not.  Gronk deserves to be suspended as many games as Tre misses, with a one game minimum.

False. Gronkowski got fined twice before for roughing, once for blocking Sergio Brown OOB and another for taunting (fighting) w/ Seahawks after the Super Bowl IIRC. Another fine for taunting against the Bengals per ESPN.

• Thank you (+1) 1